Dele 'Muhammad' Alli | Walker takes the finger from Dele | FIFA open disciplinary proceedings

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is a bit limited, isn't he? Just play him upfront because he can't do anything else.
You what? Most of the England side were gash, the whole set up is wrong Henderson and Dier in a pivot, there is absolutely no creative spark in the midfield. Southgate has been lucky, when England get the finals it will be a very short stay.

marktan

You what? Most of the England side were gash, the whole set up is wrong Henderson and Dier in a pivot, there is absolutely no creative spark in the midfield. Southgate has been lucky, when England get the finals it will be a very short stay.
It's a shame, because we have some very good young players that could build a solid team, but we're in dire need of some actual coaching and Southgate's not going to provide that. His modus operandi seems to be largely to play whoever's playing well for their club team and hope for the best. England need someone who can implement a system and style of play.

That said, Kane and Alli were rubbish at the Euros too, they do need to show more. Alongside them we have good players like Rashford, Sterling and solid full backs in Walker / Rose / Bertrand / Shaw. Keane / Cahill / Jones can make a good defence, and a keeper like Pickford would improve us with his ability to play it out. Our only real weakness player-wise is midfield, but the biggest weakness is still the management, Southgate is chopping and changing between formations, he has no idea of what sort of team and style he wants to play. As you say, it's been ok against dross in the qualifying, but sadly it'll end in tears at the World Cup, which is sad because a lot of these young players could build a solid team under the right management. Can you all these players playing so poor under Mourinho / Klopp / Pep / Poch? No, because they all have a strategy and style of play they'd implement.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not really a midfielder. He's a SS and not a very creative player.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He really did that to the ref? :lol::lol: idiot.

He's been poor behind the striker for England, and we're seriously lacking in midfield for quality and creativity. I wonder if Alli has the discipline to drop deeper?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's a shame, because we have some very good young players that could build a solid team, but we're in dire need of some actual coaching and Southgate's not going to provide that. His modus operandi seems to be largely to play whoever's playing well for their club team and hope for the best. England need someone who can implement a system and style of play.

That said, Kane and Alli were rubbish at the Euros too, they do need to show more. Alongside them we have good players like Rashford, Sterling and solid full backs in Walker / Rose / Bertrand / Shaw. Keane / Cahill / Jones can make a good defence, and a keeper like Pickford would improve us with his ability to play it out. Our only real weakness player-wise is midfield, but the biggest weakness is still the management, Southgate is chopping and changing between formations, he has no idea of what sort of team and style he wants to play. As you say, it's been ok against dross in the qualifying, but sadly it'll end in tears at the World Cup, which is sad because a lot of these young players could build a solid team under the right management. Can you all these players playing so poor under Mourinho / Klopp / Pep / Poch? No, because they all have a strategy and style of play they'd implement.
Totally agree, Kane and Alli have been poor for England but it's not all on them. England have continually had a pretty good squad on paper. What we lack so desperately is a Mata, Eriksen, Pogba etc a true player that we can play through.

Bwuk

No Lukaku? And Wanyama over Matic? :wenger:
That post is from March.

Nowadays I'd personally go with

De Gea
Valencia - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Matic - Dembele
Mkhi - Pogba - Eriksen
Kane​

Sylar

I think Kane and Alli miss somebody like Eriksen in the England set up, which England dont have an equivalent.

acnumber9

Alli has corrupted an entire generation of kids tonight and he should receive a lengthy ban and a fine plus jail time.
Like Rooney before him. If this is allowed to carry on unchecked then anarchy will rule the streets. Kids running wild, giving the finger to all and sundry. Before we know it we'll be back in the stone ages.

izec

At least he shows he cares and some emotions. Great character from Dele. He also had a hard childhood, this needs to be calculated in. Personally, i dont think there was much in it. 20 years ago this was the norm.

Walters_19_MuFc

People starting to say what I've been saying for ages.

Thing is, there's nothing wrong with Alli playing like a second striker. He does it for Spurs, hence why he picks up so many goals.

However, it means you need someone to take his attacking midfielder positions when he makes runs in behind Kane.

This is where Eriksen comes in.

Son normally keeps the width, whilst Eriksen cuts inside and takes up the space left in the middle when Alli runs off the ball.

Ideally, Alli, to me, despite Mkhi starting very well, is the type of attacking midfielder we need - someone who runs off the ball and scores goals.

I think this is why Jose wanted Griezmann.

If you look at our team, we have Pogba who gets forward and Mata who likes to cut in. Add Mkhi to that, and it means we sometimes have a overload of players in the middle, and too many players wanting the ball, as opposed to running off it.

Having someone like Alli or Griezmann, for example, would mean they would leave the space open for the likes of Mata and Pogba to play in.

Apart from Rashford, and occasionaly Lukaku, we don't really have any runners off the ball.

Abizzz

Thanks.
The ref was miles away (not even in shot on TV) but yeah, he'd just got up after being fouled and was moaning about the decision not going his way.
Thanks also. I had seen the gif, but not the game, and not seeing his arm made me think it might be fake (the internet being what it is).

That's some next level stupidity. Who could have known there'd be cameras, or 68k spectators at Wembley :D. Lets hope he only gets 2 games and doesn't miss any next summer because of it.

SirScholes

Jesus what a pathetic prick he is, a limited player looking decent only because England have next to no talent coming through

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What a tit. Surely must realise the entire world was looking right at him, even if the ref wasn't?

Jericholyte2

At least he shows he cares and some emotions. Great character from Dele. He also had a hard childhood, this needs to be calculated in. Personally, i dont think there was much in it. 20 years ago this was the norm.
What outdated neanderthalic nonsense!

As a teacher, you wonder why kids show less and less respect to figures of authority.....because little morons like him are viewed as role models by kids and if he gets away with it the lesson is, "Just tell the ref / teacher / whoever to fcuk off, it'll be ok."

He's a disgrace!