'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Not weird. Sometimes talented young foreign players take awhile to become well known and rated in the UK. And it's so rare that young British players go abroad to a good club and succeed, so it's interesting to hear perspectives of fans who watch them every week.

I'll watch today. I imagine BD is favourite since they're at home.
Well very few players are performing at such a level especially in Sancho's age bracket and he is doing it for the 2nd biggest club in Germany. In today's world it's in such a case hard to be not known/rated. ;)
There is definitely already huge (justified) hype around Sancho in Germany, he is pretty much following Dembele's trajectory and I don't even want to imagine what the english media would look like if he would perform like this in the EPL. He might be the most impressive young english attacker since Rooney though I should say I rated him extremely highly before he even came to Germany. I even said that Sancho might be the only other u18 talent to have the potential to replace Dembele when the rumors of a transfer to Dortmund first appeared.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
I don't even want to imagine what the english media would look like if he would perform like this in the EPL.
I honestly think that the best thing he could have done was leave England and get away from the scummy UK press (let alone go to a club that promotes youth, unlike where he was).

Anyway thank you for sharing that perspective. I'm even more excited for the match now :)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Goretzka and Müller ahead of James, what is this. Happy with the lineup apart from that, but James should start.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Why is Delaney on the bench? I thought he was a regular.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Why's everyone saying Dortmund is favourites? Well they should be but not according to the bookmakers. They are priced at 3 to win the match.

PoTMS

The Dortmund counter attack has been poor. Sancho should do better.

And Gotze again now should do better. It was 5 v 2.

marktan

Don't think I've ever watched a Bayern match were Lewandowski's not been throwing himself to the floor. One of the worst by far at it in the game

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Those two sides looked so much better a few years ago
Just like Real Madrid this Bayern team started to decline last season and is even more declining this season. And BVB has declined years ago after losing so many players and even managers (mostly to the PL, not Bayern btw).

Bayern and Real need to spend a lot of money next summer while Dortmund might have a decent comeback.

Dortmund and Bayern of years ago were all time great sides which need to rebuild (Bayern) and just are rebuilding (BVB).

Last edited:

marktan

Not been in the game hugely but Sancho for me is technically the most exciting young player in the game after Mbappe. So natural with the ball at his feet.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That was coming, Bayern are all over Dortmund. Dortmund messed up their counters early in the match.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Jeez....Dortmund are shockingly bad.