'Der Klassiker' : Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

Canagel

Ribery still going strong at the age of 35.
Mad respect. I don't know how he stays motivated even after all these years

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Ribery and Robben are still world class on their day. Amazing considering their age.
I wonder when said days ever occur. They are a shadow of their former selves and sad to watch.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I feel like a lot of people don't know how Favre lets his team play. It's typical for him to let his team sit deep and narrow and allow the opposition to venture deep into his team's half. In that regard Dortmund were the tactically superior team imho. Letting Bayern venture forward, but not allowing them good shots and then exploiting the space behind them on the break, it's vintage Favre..
But unfortunately for them Dortmund messed up their promising counter attacks and Bayern eventually did get through and scored and since then I don't think Dortmund have adapted too well (or at all) to the new situation. Weigl seems off-beat, Sancho - again - out of his depth, Reus not converting a chance he usually should. It makes for a lot of misunderstandings in attack and little pressure with the ball.
I'd be more inclined to think that Dortmund haven't really had much choice in terms of allowing Bayern to 'venture forward' as Bayern are doing this completely at will and without breaking much of a sweat.

Witsel, for all the talk, has been an immense disappointment. WTF did Favre drop Delaney to the bench for?
Reus has been wasteful and poor.
Sancho terrible.

It is, as others have said, a typical Dortmund performance v Bayern.
I really thought they'd give it a go.

red4ever 79

It never really worked out with him. The mistake was not signing anyone else and thinking Ribery was still good enough. That was completely ridiculous.
I’d take Costa over Ribery right now anyway. But that’s just me.
Coman/Costa on the wings would have been the future for them for sure. What is the average age of this Bayern team? Seems to be a lot of players in their 30's?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Coman/Costa on the wings would have been the future for them for sure. What is the average age of this Bayern team? Seems to be a lot of players in their 30's?
Somewhere around 28 I think. We’ve aged quite a bit and keep losing quality. We’re not well managed right now and our squad is proving it.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
It never really worked out with him. The mistake was not signing anyone else and thinking Ribery was still good enough. That was completely ridiculous.
I’d take Costa over Ribery right now anyway. But that’s just me.
Costa is a dick, im glad he's gone.

Ekeke

Same as Ronaldo and Messi. The best always want stay the best at top. At this point on his career, only motivation can make it count.
One difference though is Ribery is still tracking back, at least today. Messi and Ronaldo were moved forward to concentrate on attacking alone

Godfather

Can't even be bothered to watch the second half. Horrible football from Dortmund. Bayern haven't been much better but surely deserve the lead

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd be more inclined to think that Dortmund haven't really had much choice in terms of allowing Bayern to 'venture forward' as Bayern are doing this completely at will and without breaking much of a sweat.
Dortmund have been defending like this all season. Go for "gegenpressing" when there is an opportunity, otherwise drop deep.

Witsel, for all the talk, has been an immense disappointment. WTF did Favre drop Delaney to the bench for?
Reus has been wasteful and poor.
Sancho terrible.

It is, as others have said, a typical Dortmund performance v Bayern.
I really thought they'd give it a go.
Witsel had100% pass acc, 2/2 completed dribbles. It's the players around him who are the problem.
And - again - Favre is not the coach "to give it a go".

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I wonder when said days ever occur. They are a shadow of their former selves and sad to watch.
Of course they are. Still better than many wingers who regularly play at top clubs currently.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Yes! Great work Sancho.

Only question with the pen - hadn’t Reus just kicked the ball out of play?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That's a dive. Shouldnt be given as a penalty. Neuer clearly pulled his arms away and Reus pushed his legs towards Neuer and fell down.

Reus scores and its 1-1. Unlucky Bayern.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Game on. Am I wrong thinking Neuer looks kind of sluggish/less agile since returning from his injury?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Favre must have borrowed Fergie's hairdryer.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Not sure about that penalty. It was careless and slow from Neuer yes, but Reus knows what's going to happen and he drinks the ball away from the keeper - had Neuer not taken him out, there was no way he was controlling that.

Overall I think it probably should be one, just feels a bit manufactured by Reus.