Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will Hard be there for those of us that completed it after the Tuesday reset or would we need to do it all again on Normal first?
No it's character specific I believe

It's there as an option for me now, even though I wasn't fire team leader.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nah, I think it stays.
No it's character specific I believe

It's there as an option for me now, even though I wasn't fire team leader.
Good stuff, so for the rest of the week we do whatever to strengthen our characters, then next Tuesday we go again but on Hard and see how we do? Hopefully I'd have the fusion rifle and maybe another exotic weapon depending on what Xur has before then...

PlayerOne

Good stuff, so for the rest of the week we do whatever to strengthen our characters, then next Tuesday we go again but on Hard and see how we do? Hopefully I'd have the fusion rifle and maybe another exotic weapon depending on what Xur has before then...
We need to get to level 29, I'll come back on after 11 and try to do get shards.

Browniee

I'll upload the end bit now, then tomorrow/at the weekend I'll fuse what I've got together. Hold on.
I meant I never got to play the raid till the end. Got to the last level, will have to wait for another raid team

Ducklegs

Tomorrow then I need to get the weekly strike done on 28 to get my coins.

tom33

I meant I never got to play the raid till the end. Got to the last level, will have to wait for another raid team
I've hardly had chance to raid at all. To be honest, I think there's little chance I'd ever have enough free evenings in a week to complete it anyway. Would like to contribute to another effort though!

Coxy

We're struggling badly!
@Shamwow man I'm going to cry....just spent an hour trying to finish a level 18 strike...and couldn't even do that lol. My fellow players were both level 19 and even squishier than me. I'm never going to get any light armour :( that's me crying.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
@Shamwow man I'm going to cry....just spent an hour trying to finish a level 18 strike...and couldn't even do that lol. My fellow players were both level 19 and even squishier than me. I'm never going to get any light armour :( that's me crying.
Ah that sucks, I doubt it was your fault though when I played with you yesterday you seemed pretty good. When are you playing next? I've managed to get some lucky drops and level up a bit and I'd be happy to come help out with a strike or two some time in the next few days..

Levo

Band of Brothers
Congrats guys, I'd of been better staying in and doing the raid. Team lost and I got sent off.

I'll be up for doing it though, would like to complete it sometime soon.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Well done all

Im still no sure what the raid is

Do you start again every night or can you continue at checkpoints etc...?

afrocentricity

I feel bad for you guys still waiting on exotic bounties... as soon as I get rid of one I get another one. They're clogging up my bounty slots...

Ady87

So almost at Vanguard 3 now and can buy that frickin Shadow Price, then going for New Monarchy.

Just cashed in about 16 Engrams and got 2 Legendarys. A Helmet (my 6th or 7th) and Boots (my 5th pair). Still no Gauntlets so glad I bought the Sun Breakers.

Still no sign of a Legendary Primary.

Got 50 Motes of light now though and the guy in the tower has a couple of sweet Warlock Bonds. Might treat myself to the Blue Vulture one. :D

Adam-Utd

I feel bad for you guys still waiting on exotic bounties... as soon as I get rid of one I get another one. They're clogging up my bounty slots...
What's your trick, pure luck or do you hand In all completed bounties at once? Maybe hop on 1 leg and pinch your ear at the same time? :lol:

Adam-Utd

Feck, rare fusion rifles are out. Only had enough glimmer to buy 4. What's quick way to farm glimmer over next couple of hours?
What?!?! You can buy them from the weapons guy?

Adam-Utd

Yes. 1.6k glimmer apiece.
Ha amazing thanks for the heads up. I just went and bought 5 :D if you need extra glimmer use the things you get in your inventory. Just killing enemies gives you glimmer. If your on Tommorow evening I now need nightfall kills too!

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Wow, you guys managed to finish the raid. Well done.

Do you think at any point there will be enough of you on early enough so I can join a raid?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is it the Gunsmith guy? I don't see any rare weapons from him. Am I missing something?

Just got my hopes up about acquiring a decent weapon! :(
Yeah, what level are you?

Ha amazing thanks for the heads up. I just went and bought 5 :D if you need extra glimmer use the things you get in your inventory. Just killing enemies gives you glimmer. If your on Tommorow evening I now need nightfall kills too!
Cheers, got enough just in time:

I'll be on tomorrow evening and can help you out but with us needing 200 kills each, probably best for us both to attempt to solo it, that way we'd be able to get to the 200 quicker I think.

Wow, you guys managed to finish the raid. Well done.

Do you think at any point there will be enough of you on early enough so I can join a raid?
Tough one, got no idea. You've seen that now and again there's 3 of us on when you're on, whether more can be on at that time I've got no idea.

caid

I got that bounty and got that far today as well ....
I never bothered checking the bounty steps and thought it was the last one though. So i trashed a legendary fusion rifle for the last cell.
Would have been nice to have that still for this step.

Anyway that was silly of me. Now i need to find a fusion rifle to get the next part done :(

Im tempted to drop the bad juju bounty. I hate strikes and getting 25 done is taking ages.

Gz on your raid clear

Last edited:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I got that bounty and got that far today as well ....
I never bothered checking the bounty steps and thought it was the last one though. So i trashed a legendary fusion rifle for the last cell.
Would have been nice to have that still for this step.

Anyway that was silly of me. Now i need to find a fusion rifle to get the next part done :(

Im tempted to drop the bad juju bounty. I hate strikes and getting 25 done is taking ages.

Gz on your raid clear
I got the Bad Juju bounty as well. 25 strikes will be a pain as there are only five of them and I've done them heaps already, though was thinking of just smashing out earth at level 8 or something to do it quickly. The 10,000 or what ever pvp points we need to earn later on will likely be worse for me as I haven't bothered with PvP as it doesn't really interest me and I'm very average.

gaz1185

I got the Bad Juju bounty as well. 25 strikes will be a pain as there are only five of them and I've done them heaps already, though was thinking of just smashing out earth at level 8 or something to do it quickly. The 10,000 or what ever pvp points we need to earn later on will likely be worse for me as I haven't bothered with PvP as it doesn't really interest me and I'm very average.
Do the Summoning Pits strike on the Moon, you can actually avoid all of the enemies and run (Sparrow if possible) past them all straight to Phogoth - should get the strike missions done quicker.*

* I didn't actually do this, but it was a suggestion I read online to get the 25 strikes done

afrocentricity

Do the Summoning Pits strike on the Moon, you can actually avoid all of the enemies and run (Sparrow if possible) past them all straight to Phogoth - should get the strike missions done quicker.*

* I didn't actually do this, but it was a suggestion I read online to get the 25 strikes done
That actually sounds quicker than nexus where you stop twice, under 10 mins.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout

Thanks for that. Might be the way to go for when I get sick of doing proper strikes for items and such.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys

How do you run past the bit where Dinklage has to open the 3 runes on the door though?

Heardy

Hoping I can advance a bit on this over the weekend. Currently Level 24, I joined New Monarchy at Level 20, but need to seriously put some time in to advance my Faction/Crucible Marks. Think i'm still unranked on both so really need to invest some time and get better weapons.

My assault rifle is a standard green one, and does very little damage in the Crucible - I end up having to hide and use my sniper or go kamakazi and storm control bases and melee.

gaz1185

How do you run past the bit where Dinklage has to open the 3 runes on the door though?
That's probably the only hold up, but like I say, I didn't do this so I'm not sure on timings / the run. The other Strike I've seen people doing is the Nexus, but that also has the Servitor section which will hold you up, and Phogoth is much easier to kill than Sekrion.

Also, wish I knew this myself, Weekly Strikes count as 2 strikes towards this bounty - even on the lowest level.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
That's probably the only hold up, but like I say, I didn't do this so I'm not sure on timings / the run. The other Strike I've seen people doing is the Nexus, but that also has the Servitor section which will hold you up, and Phogoth is much easier to kill than Sekrion.

Also, wish I knew this myself, Weekly Strikes count as 2 strikes towards this bounty - even on the lowest level.
Interesting

I need to farm these strikes as well so I'm happy to team up with someone if it is quicker

gaz1185

So it seems Xur has Voidfang Vestments (Warlock) and Icebreaker :drool: for sale this week, can anyone confirm?

Coxy

Ah that sucks, I doubt it was your fault though when I played with you yesterday you seemed pretty good. When are you playing next? I've managed to get some lucky drops and level up a bit and I'd be happy to come help out with a strike or two some time in the next few days..
I'll be on Saturday morning and then again in the evening if you're around at all then?