Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

tom33

So is the Ice Breaker worth it? I was going to pass as I already have 6 legendary snipers, including I think three with solar energy damage. Then again, snipers are pretty brilliant for a lot of the missions on level 28. I can't decide!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've said it a couple of times recently but I'm getting around 12-15 engrams an hour doing Tiger Strikes. Then 2/3 from the Cryptarch for upgrading per hour(ish).
Silly question, but how do I access the tiger strikes?

Ducklegs

So is the Ice Breaker worth it? I was going to pass as I already have 6 legendary snipers, including I think three with solar energy damage. Then again, snipers are pretty brilliant for a lot of the missions on level 28. I can't decide!
It is better than equivalent legendary snipers just for the regenerating ammo, it means you can piss missions with the juggler modifier.

Ive got Invective, with the Invective mod its brilliant, as soon as I get home this afternoon I am logging on and getting the ice breaker as well, for this very reason.

I would get it and bin all your other solar snipers.

Will also help in the raid, you can camp on that first ledge on the templar stage and snipe the Hobgoblins to make things easier for the rest of the team killing the oracles without having to worry about running out of ammo.

tom33

After reading you guys talking about needing rare fusion rifles for your exotic bounty, I stopped dismantling any that I came across, just in case. Lo and behold, I've just picked up the same bounty. I think I have about 6 saved up already!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
After reading you guys talking about needing rare fusion rifles for your exotic bounty, I stopped dismantling any that I came across, just in case. Lo and behold, I've just picked up the same bounty. I think I have about 6 saved up already!
im on this one too

But I wasnt aware of it and I only have one dismantled after about 5 or so days

Ady87

The Bond I'm going to get later. Any warlocks got any good ones? Are there Exotic Bonds?

I've got one at the minute that is a bond of Flames around my arm but with the Sunbreakers you can't really see it.

Ducklegs

hwat does xur have today?

I have 16 strange coins and 25 motes of light to spend
You need one more coin.

Dont go until you get one more coin, you will drive yourself fecking nuts otherwise.

tom33

im on this one too

But I wasnt aware of it and I only have one dismantled after about 5 or so days
It's nice having an exotic bounty that doesn't force you to play PvP. I also have the Toland's Journal bounty and just reached the PvP part. I need to kill up to 400 guardians in the Crucible. At least I don't have to worry about K/D ratio though!

afrocentricity

Yea it's cool, but I like the electricity one as it goes with my current white/grey/gold combo...

Ducklegs

I have the vulture one that changes color depending on the time of day.

I dont know whether it changes color in combat or not as I obviously cant see it.

afrocentricity

So once I get those vestments I'll have a setup for voidwalker, sunsinger and a support option (more orbs and quick revives, etc...)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm 24, guessing not high enough then! Oh well, next time. Thanks for the heads-up anyway !
That's weird. You should have been able to see them.

My god, that Ice Breaker :drool: Went through the level 28 daily mission with ease using it alone. Can't wait until it is fully upgraded.

@afrocentricity, getting those fusion rifle kills on nightfall is going to be a pain! Think me and @Adam-Utd would be better off going through it together and being able to revive the other if one of us dies. Will probably end up taking a few runthroughs to get the 200 kills though.

Ady87

So once I get those vestments I'll have a setup for voidwalker, sunsinger and a support option (more orbs and quick revives, etc...)
I need to pay more attention to areas other than Voidwalker so that when I do get involved in raids and nightfall I'm equipped for all scenarios.

At the minute one of the guys in work is a 27 Titan with support options and i probably under appreciate the work he does for me. I out kill him by about 4 to 1 but he has my back. :lol:

Think I'm going to work on Sunsinger for the Self Resurrect option.

Adam-Utd

My god, that Ice Breaker :drool: Went through the level 28 daily mission with ease using it alone. Can't wait until it is fully upgraded.

@afrocentricity, getting those fusion rifle kills on nightfall is going to be a pain! Think me and @Adam-Utd would be better off going through it together and being able to revive the other if one of us dies. Will probably end up taking a few runthroughs to get the 200 kills though.
Yeah, I don't know whether alone or together will be quicker. I assume though the Nightfallers are pretty strong?.

@afrocentricity Regarding the nightfall, do you have to kill the lvl 28 enemies to count as a kill, or can you kill the pre-cave enemies and they count too, as strictly speaking you are on the nightfall mission...

Ducklegs

Yeah, I don't know whether alone or together will be quicker. I assume though the Nightfallers are pretty strong?.

@afrocentricity Regarding the nightfall, do you have to kill the lvl 28 enemies to count as a kill, or can you kill the pre-cave enemies and they count too, as strictly speaking you are on the nightfall mission...
Nightfall kills have to be in the darkness zones, as thats where the mission is.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Has to be the 28 ones unfortunately. I tried doing it on my own and killing those outside of the restricted areas didn't affect a thing.

tom33

Balls, just bought the exotic engram and got a Warlock helmet. The only class I haven't tried yet! Is it worth levelling up a warlock just to use it? Haha!

Adam-Utd

Ah Ok, that's my master plan out the window :rolleyes: cheers guys.

NinjaFletch

Just got the Light/Beware Fusion rifle instead of the 77 Wizard and oh my. First online match with it 4.25 K/D and 7000 points

tom33

If I were you, I reckon I'd play it up to the boss and then try and get as many kills as you can while avoiding the boss. If you die, it doesn't really matter, as you'll just get to start again from the beginning. It's going to take loads of attempts, but you'll probably waste even more time if you actually try and complete the mission.

gaz1185

Has to be the 28 ones unfortunately. I tried doing it on my own and killing those outside of the restricted areas didn't affect a thing.
This might be a good way to do it:
If this still works an easy way to do it is to walk into the Nightfall area where you start the strike (When you initially spawn you're in an open area, you have to go to the Strike area) and once the mission objective appears you simply walk back out. Now you can travel all around the map and kill anything that's the same level of the Nightfall (So if you picked Level 28, some mobs will spawn at level 28) for killcounts. Although they're not part of the Nightfall just being the same level as the Nightfall counts towards Nightfall kills.

afrocentricity

It took me two runs, one with you and player, one with gaz and randall.

You should do it together, most of your kills will be in the middle section and the end... if you die you'll have to work your way back so it's best not to die.
Just got the Light/Beware Fusion rifle instead of the 77 Wizard and oh my. First online match with it 4.25 K/D and 7000 points
That range right? ;)