Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nice one! The hard work starts now.
Yep. I think we stand a decent chance at hard mode if the Atheon bug hasn't been patched before next week and at least three-four of us are on level 29. A few of us have got the Ice Breaker and got/soon to get Pocket Infinity which'll also help.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dont even know which gear to max. I swap around so much... I guess I max my raid gear (arms & legs) as it's the raid where it matters right? Other than that does it really matter?

Damien

Staff
Just read this: Swapping a fully loaded Ice Breaker to another Special Weapon will result in that Special Weapon coming in with ~60% full ammo.

Excellent.

PlayerOne

Someone needs to help me with the weekly heroic, I need the three coins.

Tekkers

Just realised I got this weapon from the raid last night!

One of the upgrades:
  • Oracle Disruptor: "This weapon deals bonus damage to Oracles in the Vault of Glass."
Should be handy for when we do the raid next time!

Adam-Utd

Is there any way to know what Xur is going to bring each week ahead of Schedule?

I am tempted by the ice breaker, but I know sods law he will bring something else next week which I may require more...

Decisions, decisions.

Damien

Staff
Just realised I got this weapon from the raid last night!

One of the upgrades:
  • Oracle Disruptor: "This weapon deals bonus damage to Oracles in the Vault of Glass."
Should be handy for when we do the raid next time!
:drool:

And the Ice Breaker can apparently kill Oracles in a couple of shots too. Plus, like Ducklegs said, Ice Breaker can be used to take out hobgoblins on the ledge for the Templar bit.

Is there any way to know what Xur is going to bring each week ahead of Schedule?

I am tempted by the ice breaker, but I know sods law he will bring something else next week which I may require more...

Decisions, decisions.
Nah

caid

I got the Bad Juju bounty as well. 25 strikes will be a pain as there are only five of them and I've done them heaps already, though was thinking of just smashing out earth at level 8 or something to do it quickly. The 10,000 or what ever pvp points we need to earn later on will likely be worse for me as I haven't bothered with PvP as it doesn't really interest me and I'm very average.
Summoning pits sounds more tempting really. Im rubbish against that devil tank.
Dont know why, never have an issue with them in public events or when they show up in other spots just the layout of that fight or something
But yeah i die like a chump every 5 minutes against it.

PvP i'm not worried about. Spend most of my time playing it so ...
that'll be fine, though it sounds like it'll take a long time.

Just that and pocket infinity chewing up bounty space is annoying.
And i found 2 legendary pulse rifles both of which are pretty good and i dont really like pulse rifles anyway so ...

tom33

So I had exactly 17 coins, but then I had to use two for my exotic bounties. Anyone fancy giving me a hand doing the weekly strike at level 26 with my level 21 titan? Haha!

Edit: just realised I'm not actually allowed to try that, level 24 daily then anyone?

PlayerOne

So I had exactly 17 coins, but then I had to use two for my exotic bounties. Anyone fancy giving me a hand doing the weekly strike at level 26 with my level 21 titan? Haha!

Edit: just realised I'm not actually allowed to try that, level 24 daily then anyone?
I need to do level 28 but level 24 would be decent.

PlayerOne

I'll do level 28 with you first, as I think you only get rewards from the first completion for the daily. Will be maybe 15mins though.
That's cool. BTW there is no level 24! Only 22, 26 and 29

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I'd be up for starting right now and having a late night. Though otherwise was just going to head off now
I wouldnt mind giving the raid a try, but probably not tonight. I dont really want to commit to doing it for hours every single night like the A-team have been ;) Just a couple of nights a week is all I really would want to invest in it..

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I wouldnt mind giving the raid a try, but probably not tonight. I dont really want to commit to doing it for hours every single night like the A-team have been ;) Just a couple of nights a week is all I really would want to invest in it..
Weekend are probably the only time I could realistically do it with you guys, unless we find a bunch that who all get on early your time and have time to play through that way.

I'm off now anyway, as doesn't look like it will be happening at all right now

Damien

Staff
Weekend are probably the only time I could realistically do it with you guys, unless we find a bunch that who all get on early your time and have time to play through that way.

I'm off now anyway, as doesn't look like it will be happening at all right now
Night D, must be one of the downsides about being Australian that the time difference doesn't really fit great for things like this.

Tekkers

Anyone want to do the daily or weekly heroic?

Ady87

Solo'd the Daily Heroic Level 28 with 0 deaths. Happy with that!

Did it for hoping for Shards and I got Ascendant Energy. Can I exchange these anywhere for Shards? I have 20 Energy and 0 Shards. None of my gear needs Ascendant Energy?!