Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Loved the way he kept the width on the right hand side. Haven't seen that since the Sir Alex days with Valencia/Nani.

He should be definitely an option on the right wing from now on, especially against teams that play narrow. He did a great job opening up the space and being an outlet yesterday.

Bwuk

Loved the way he kept the width on the right hand side. Haven't seen that since the Sir Alex days with Valencia/Nani.

He should be definitely an option on the right wing from now on, especially against teams that play narrow. He did a great job opening up the space and being an outlet yesterday.
He definately shouldn’t. That’s the job of the full back to do nowadays providing width.

He’s never a winger.

Steerpike

I was pleased to see him get a game playing in a more forward role. It worked fairly well, and it looks like a viable option going forward (particularly if the opposition carry a notable threat on their left wing, e.g. Zaha). He has the attributes to play anywhere down the right hand side, but his crossing and decision making still need work (he isn't even 20 yet, so that's understandable).

Ander herrera the warrior

He definately shouldn’t. That’s the job of the full back to do nowadays providing width.

He’s never a winger.
He is an option now for the right wing till the end of this season. Currently we don't have any proper right winger and we definitely need to buy someone.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What do you all think what is his future here? Will he enter in next season in rotation with Young or we will buy new proven Rb?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What do you all think what is his future here? Will he enter in next season in rotation with Young or we will buy new proven Rb?
I keep changing my mind on what's going to happen, what I've settled on at the moment is that he'll be first choice and Young will be his back up, hard to say though as Solskjaer's not given him a massive amount of minutes so far.

Red_Beans

I hope we purchase a new RB and use Dalot as his understudy

RB: New Signing, Dalot
LB: Shaw, Young

Red_Beans

Yep. Rumors about we're chasing Wan-bissaka from Palace and Valencia leaving.
He wouldn't be my first choice if I am being honest. Perhaps the idea is to have one attacking FB in Dalot, and a more defensive option in AWB.

deafepl

Yep. Rumors about we're chasing Wan-bissaka from Palace and Valencia leaving.

I don't want Wan-Bissaka as he's shit at going forward but solid in defending, I want a fullback to be good in defending and attacking so we can make way for Dalot to be the understudy and ready to take over whenever prime RB is declining or injured.

steakpie

Signing Wan-Bissaka would be an atrocious decision. It would only hinder Dalot's progress.

Dalot should be first choice and Young as back up. I would also like to see Herrera in that position if he's not in midfield for some reason.

ash_86

I don't want Wan-Bissaka as he's shit at going forward but solid in defending, I want a fullback to be good in defending and attacking so we can make way for Dalot to be the understudy and ready to take over whenever prime RB is declining or injured.
Yeah, Munier fits the bill. Not sure if we want to deal with PSG though.

Wan bissaka wouldn't be the right choice - we need a more experienced RB with Dalot and Laird coming through..

dutchred

Wan bissaka wouldn't be the right choice - we need a more experienced RB with Dalot and Laird coming through..
I agree but an experienced right with a couple of years left in him and let Dalot and Laird fight it out for the eventual right back position

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very positive cameo. Can see a quality right back in there for the future hopefully.

Yoichikuroma

Very good performance today, find out our long-searched RW is an 19yo fullback from porto

Virror

He is in no way worse than Young. And he has time to learn from mistakes unlike Young who is 34. Should be starting

prateik

Best right winger at the club.. well.. him or Lukaku..
Whips a mean cross in too..

we really need to get a proper right sided player in the summer though... If the only memorable moments all season from the right wing come from Lukaku or a young full back, we have a serious problem.

3KDré

Great impact. His crossing is pretty good, we need someone to actually capitalise on them.

Hoof the ball

The thing is, you know he'd look fantastic if he was playing in Poch's system as a wing-back. As he is, playing as a right winger, he's still demonstrably comfortable. Our game really picked up when he replaced Sanchez.

Irrational.

Brilliant cameo. He's got a fantastic future ahead of him.

Changed the game for us, IMO. Sanchez was doing shit-all before his injury anyway.

Bola

I hope we purchase a new RB and use Dalot as his understudy

RB: New Signing, Dalot
LB: Shaw, Young
That's my thinking too. The new signing would be fully established though, not another youngster to develop

Thomas Menuier would be ideal

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't say I've liked the look of him in defence but as a winger it's a different matter. Looks very promising there.

Status
Not open for further replies.