Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Should be our first choice RB. He basically came on and did what a modern attacking full back is supposed to do.

mu4c_20le

I was a doubter of playing him at RW but he looks really lively when he does. Keep it up lad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He reminds me of Azpilicueta, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing Azpi has been really good and defensively solid but I think that is more what he will be. Doesn’t look to me to be the marauding full blooded RB we had hoped for who was going to take people on, fly past them and whip in balls for our strikers.
Think he’ll probably fall more in to the Azpi, Darmian style of fullback than say a Dani Alves. He really just doesn’t look that athletic at all. He can clearly spot a pass and has a willingness to try them but he gave away a lot of possession today with some really poor passing choices. It’s still very early days and hopefully he kicks on.
I hope this put everything to the bed now.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
His delivery is excellent. Great technique.

Lacks that yard of pace like a Spurs Walker for example, but you can see he has enough about him to persist with him.

Art

Art the artist
He's a United player. You can see he's got the bravery and the will to do things with the ball, something that players like fred or Sanchez never do. Great impact number 20.

sport2793

Definitely has real potential to be world class. Hope he kicks on from here. Would like to see him improve defensively because I think if he adds that to his game he will be an amazing two-way RB.

Ainu

Looked really positive today, I hope we get to see more of that in the coming weeks. Surely we can't keep playing Young instead of him? Experience can't be an argument. Young, for all his experience, regularly makes brain dead mistakes.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A great wide performance. Lovely to see a winger feel empowered to attack a flank with a man behind him to cover. Him, Young and Lukaku dovetailed real nice. Overlaps wide still work!

He’s going to become a cult player with match going fans. His celebrations for the goals were ludicrously exuberant. He celebrates like a fan and not a seasoned pro, as let’s be honest he’s still a kid.

@GifLord If the cameras caught the aeroplane towards the linesman for not giving offside for the second goal and the knee slide and fist pumps for the other, I’d love to see them!

Devil may care

He plays with bags of confidence and really sparked our play when he came on, good performance and needs to start vs PSG.

gr3yham3

I won't be surprised if Ole has maybe earmarked him for a right wing role for us - has pace, strength, decent dribbling ability and a great delivery. Very promising indeed.

Edit: oh I think he has a good shot on him too - had a great effort that was not too far off that really caught the keeper by surprise.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That effort from way way out with a pretty slow run up was pretty surprising. Would have been an absolute screamer.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if we can convert him into a RW, he offers a lot going forward and still very young.

Based Adnan

He's our best right winger and our best right back

Looked incredibly dangerous as soon as he came on

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Played many games as a winger when he was coming through the youth ranks from what I've read. Gave our attack a new dimension when he came on and will get better as he plays more games. Still only 19 too..

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Should be our first choice RB. He basically came on and did what a modern attacking full back is supposed to do.
This. He is not a winger like some people are talking now. He is modern attacking full back who just must work on his defending.
Having said that, we have huge huge call to make this summer. If we buy new right back his progress will stall. If we decide against buying new rb, we could suffer next season. I really can't decide what i want from us to do about it.

Nick7

Brilliant when he came on. I like the idea of him slotting in as right mid until the summer.

redom

There's some naivety to his play at times but that's to be expected and will only improve the more he plays, maybe it's time to invest in him and his future by getting him in the first team more consistently so he can learn from his mistakes, either on the right wing or right back.

Brightonian

This. He is not a winger like some people are talking now. He is modern attacking full back who just must work on his defending.
Having said that, we have huge huge call to make this summer. If we buy new right back his progress will stall. If we decide against buying new rb, we could suffer next season. I really can't decide what i want from us to do about it.
I'm normally as against buying as you'll find on this forum, but this time it's the right thing to do. Darmian will be shipped out and Valencia either will be or is effectively retired. We don't have a kid who can come through - Ethan Laird is way too young - and it would be madness to back a 20-year-old up with someone even less experienced anyway.

Buy Wan Bissaka or someone similar and give the two boys equal footing, let them fight it out for the position.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Terrific cameo.

Give him time to develop. He could be a very good right back eventually. No need to pronounce him a wimger already.

sam147

Modern football needs fullbacks that are good on the ball. Dalot is that player. I dont think he should be a right winger. The way we play results in the RB playing RW 50% of the game anyway. Dalot is young, tenacious, robust and technically superior to all our other fullbacks. He should play at RB over Young in these games. I still believe cover at LB should be more of a priority over RB because we only have one left footed fullback. Dalot will shine next season if he gets a run of games.

Mcking

His all round game is very good like Shaw's, but more of an attacking threat. He has failed to convince me defensively whenever he's played at RB though. His defensive game is one aspect he needs to improve on.

deadrevelz

Good performance. Not sure he can make it as a winger though. I would rather we try to improve his defensive qualities and could make a great attacking right back. For this season though, I'm happy for him to play either, better than Lukaku or Young on the right.

SAFMUTD

He seriously look like our best option for RW, what a game. He has some really nice crosses in him.

Bobski

Our Bale?

Bought as a full back, turns out to be an utter beast on the wing?

His ability to take the ball with his back to goal and dribble away from pressure is extremely impressive.

Aloysius's Back 3

I always fancy a fullback in our squad that can cover both RB and LB in an emergency. Really helps the emergency.

Even if this guy one day struggles to be a consistent first team regular - he has a significant use in the squad.

Plus can play a more traditional wingers role when we need someone to supply a striker like Lukaku who again should be a squad player and a vital one at that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah I have no problem seeing him start on the wing tbh, class when he came on. Can be our ready made Valencia replacement but with a good cross on him actually instead of just hammering it in every time (and 2 footed):D

Hector_the_honourable

He might as well be our go to guy for putting in crosses into the box from the right when the opposition defense is tiring in the second half.
Good to finally see someone with the ability to put in curling crosses from the right after a long time on a consistent basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.