Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Dalot contributed well when he came on. Sad thing is, that he was purchased as a... well, defender. Last two outings for him were at RW... It's not his fault that we don't have a better winger than a young defender, Diogo did well today - but we need to buy someone for RW

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole playing him there the last 2 games just shows he'll be in the market for a right winger in the summer. It's so crucial to our attack.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Typical Porto attitude regarding competition. He will play wherever is needed.

Josh 76

Gives alot more balance to the team. Very useful player to have. Well done Mourhino....eh....sorry I said that. :nono:

ash_86

Well, anybody can learn a language from anywhere in the world :lol:
I know but the fluency and i could see a bit of accent too. That was a pleasant surprise considering our prior RB had 10 years to do it and still couldn't string a sentence together.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I know but the fluency and i could see a bit of accent too. That was a pleasant surprise considering our prior RB had 10 years to do it and still couldn't string a sentence together.
All it takes it chatting up a bird from an english speaking country and you're golden (i may be speaking from experience :nervous:)

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Best crosser of the ball we've had since............Gary Neville I dare say.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How is his english so good coming off from the Portuguese league.
English is taught relatively soon at school and movies or series spoken in English have subtitles translated to Portuguese who makes it easier to learn.

Bernardo Silva also speaks well, but as far I can remember Diogo probably has some family or friends in England.

el3mel

Don't they teach English in schools world wide anyway ? I have learned English and French in Egyptian schools here. Of course don't remember a word from French now, except "Je suis tres content de t'ecrire cette lettre" which was used in writing letters in the exams. :lol:

But English is an easy language to learn for communication.

ash_86

English is taught relatively soon at school and movies or series spoken in English have subtitles translated to Portuguese who makes it easier to learn.

Bernardo Silva also speaks well, but as far I can remember Diogo probably has some family or friends in England.
I was under impression most of the footballers are early school quitters. But yeah if he has someone in england that might help.

Grande

Dalot contributed well when he came on. Sad thing is, that he was purchased as a... well, defender. Last two outings for him were at RW... It's not his fault that we don't have a better winger than a young defender, Diogo did well today - but we need to buy someone for RW
Agree with that, though Diogo has played a bit at RW earlier in his carreer. He was a feisty breath of fresh wind when he came on today!

BlahRules

Young should be dropped. Dalot should be playing as full back. Not trying to get minutes from wing position when Young plays shite

automaticflare

Quality today kid. Love it. Love that he took the initiative from the first minute he was on the pitch. Welcome to Manchester United

Red_toad

Played right back, left back and right wing prior to joining United. Jose knew this when we bought him. As he's a youngster pretty obvious he wasn't purchased to be nailed down to 1 position and that's it...

Absolutely fantastic when he came on, great to see.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Dalot has a 22 year old sister called Marina that lives in London. She's on twitter and was retweeting all the good stuff about her younger brother today.

Kostov

This kid is great. Only thing that sets him back is his inexperience and I think it's still to early to be thrown at RB in the league. But when you look at our other options, they aren't any better.

Red_Beans

Great young talent. All the potential in the world. It's so hard to predict how players his age will turn out but he has all the tools. Go on Diego!

Ibrahimorich

MotM for me. Game changed when he came on. He was the only one doing anything with any impetus. Looked like an exciting right winger really!

BurtSpangle

Clear he has the technical qualities to be a top class right back offensively (unlike the pudding playing at left back). He's poor defensively but that's something that will get better with age and isn't that important for top sides when you're dominating the vast majority of teams you play.

Alemar

Does his pass to Pereira for his first goal count as an assist? Would be good for him to be granted an assist stat

Canagel

his confidence is amazing. at one point he hit a shot with the outside of the boot. hes 100% got the personality and arrogance to play for United.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Has better English than Harry Kane. I'm sold. Also he's done better at RW than our actual RWs. :lol:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Love him. Huge talent. 19m we paid for him. Shrewd.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Already showing himself to be an important player for us. He’s a tricky little bugger

Ando's Fat Face

Love to see him play on the right wing unless needed at the back. Obviously we need a proper right winger but for the moment he can definitely add to that sorely lacking position. His long range effort wasn't half bad either.

Last edited by a moderator:

gr3yham3

I don't see why there are some people who are against him being a RW for us - he has all the qualities to be a great RW and is a role he played when he was younger. I can see him having a chance to undergo a Bale-like transformation. Not many class RW we can go for in the market now too.

championo

Top Stalker
He has demonstrated what we are missing in a right winger.
I don't know if he will be wasted as a defender, he does have a lot more to offer in attack, he has an it factor about him. Confidence, but not overly cocky. He attacks with such a ferocity he reminds me of Ronaldo when he first settled here. He is direct, runs at players with the ball. Changed the game completely.

croadyman

That's my thinking too. The new signing would be fully established though, not another youngster to develop

Thomas Menuier would be ideal
Yeah that is exactly the player we should be signing in that position.

croadyman

Wan bissaka wouldn't be the right choice - we need a more experienced RB with Dalot and Laird coming through..
Doesn't seem any links to anyone but Wan Bissaka at RB which is bit worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.