Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Excellent today. Not a surprise we actually attacked down the right for once as we actually have a full back capable of putting in a decent cross. Should have had 2 assists.

Ekeke

I think this is also an occasion where playing Mata "on the right" worked out well. Not always the case, but against such weak opposition it worked out very well for Dalot

Mata ends up pretty much completely central in an attacking midfielder spot leaving Dalot all the room in the world to use his energy running up the right

Hoof the ball

Having two high, wide, attacking full-backs allows us to stretch the opposition horizontally across the field, at last!

That's how you create central spaces!!!!

Good game, Dalot.

Hoof the ball

I think this is also an occasion where playing Mata "on the right" worked out well. Not always the case, but against such weak opposition it worked out very well for Dalot

Mata ends up pretty much completely central in an attacking midfielder spot leaving Dalot all the room in the world to use his energy running up the right
That's a feature for us, usually. We often overload the left/left central side of the field and switch to the right full-back, however, it's usually Antonio, and so it doesn't quite work out. Dalot, on the other hand....

Ekeke

That's a feature for us, usually. We often overload the left/left central side of the field and switch to the right full-back, however, it's usually Antonio, and so it doesn't quite work out. Dalot, on the other hand....
Yeah when Mata plays and sometimes Lingard. When someone like Rashford is on the right they stick closer to the touchline like our left side

Web of Bissaka

:drool:Aah, it's been a long time seeing a more consistent good saucy crosses into the box from our right.

Performances is as expected, a mix of good plays, less efficient decision making riskier plays and mistakes/bad-plays. Just like how a normal talented youngster play.
Not a stable performance similar to last game, which Mourinho doesn't prefer unless he's his favs -- won't surprise me if he gets drop some later games soon. Valencia no longer favored, Darmian's and Shaw's injury are big advantages though.

More please. :devil:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Very exciting player :) - thought he would be based on the videos we have seen of him, but great to see the confidence and the surging runs!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Finally a decent signin from mourinho

DonDarmian

Brilliant crosser. Perfect against the weaker teams. Hopefully he can improve as an defender and become a first teams starter against the best teams aswell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He made some mean crossings. I mean, those were really really mean crossings.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really? Looks to have decent pace to me, not Bellerin level but fast enough to beat his man one on one. Helps that he has good feet too.
I disagree that he has enough pace to beat his man. The fastest players play on the sides of the pitch. I think Dalot has CM speed.

You are right that he has good feet, but your full back shouldn’t be having to dribble past his opponent to get a cross in over and over again.

Gazza

It’s just too tempting to think we may have RB and LB sorted without spending more money if Dalot and Shaw make it here.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I like him. Since his first game. And he can dribble. Right back who can dribble. Nice

It's a shame Liverpool is next. It would be nice to see him build up a bit of experience before that game, if he plays. Next step for him is to have a bit of a shocker and see how he reacts - which will probably be next weekend. They will surely target him.

kundalini

So Sessegnon v Dalot turned out to be alarmingly one-sided. I expected a much closer contest.

Dalot's crosses were a threat through-out the match. He defended well too, most of the time. A few careless moments stopped it from being the perfect performance but still very encouraging.

red4ever 79

Congratulations Diogo. You did well there. Created more in 90 mins from a rb position than Valenica has done in the last 2-3 seasons put together.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I disagree that he has enough pace to beat his man. The fastest players play on the sides of the pitch. I think Dalot has CM speed.

You are right that he has good feet, but your full back shouldn’t be having to dribble past his opponent to get a cross in over and over again.
From what I've seen of him in his brief career he has good pace for a fullback. He's been injured since May of this year when he had knee surgery. He needs games to get fully up to speed and then you'll see that his acceleration is impressive.

James_42

Impressive performance for a player that clearly lacks match fitness, can't wait to see what he can do once he has settled in a bit more. It's great to see us finally having an attacking threat at RB in god knows how many years.

cyberman

You do if they're forever sitting back.
As long as he isn't slow it isn't a problem.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
One thing I did notice is that he seems quite handy in the air. Yes he somewhat tall for a fullback which obviously helps, but he also seems to have good positioning and jump height. There was one moment I actually thought it was Smalling who had won one ball until I realised it was Dalot.

Holocene

He's defensively poor though, but nothing that he can't learn.​
Worst case scenario, he can be played on the right wing. Like what happened with Bale when he started as a left back. Probably getting way too ahead of myself though.

He looks so confident going forward. Breath of fresh air.

OL29

I understand what you're saying but if you look at someone like Carvajal, he's not rapid but he is still able to be a massive threat on the outside. Players like Trippier and Robertson maintain a threat too. I think if he's intelligent in his play he'll be fine.

haram

Having his width and crossing ability helped us. Still such a young player.

Walters_19_MuFc

Modern day full back. Excellent going forward, with a great delivery on him. Was up and down the pitch all day. Very good game from him.

Bwuk

Brilliant player with huge potential. Has everything to develop into one of the best in his position. Has pace, strength, and good crossing which will become apparent as he plays more games.

I've been saying since we signed him that we don't need a RB anymore, and I hope you people who said we did, will see the same. We could upgrade our LB position though with someone like Kieran Tierney.
Agreed. Tierney and Dalot would be a very good pair, and importantly allow us to attack with our full backs. Tierney is much better than Shaw going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.