Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Dunno, had a reasonable match yesterday, but several times in these late collapses we've questioned how on Earth we're equal/out-numbered as teams come against us and the answer is Diogo has randomly gone on a failed overlap. In the 92nd minute of a match we're winning. Needs to know when to hold em, as the saying goes.

Their first goal is actually his screwup. If you look at why he's telling to Casemiro to cover the right-back position it's because he starts that move randomly on the left side of central midfield. No idea why, whatsoever, he just has a wonder into the space there, we lose it, and all hell breaks lose.

He's clearly given freedom as the 'extra' man from ETH - and it works well a lot of the time - but needs some situational awareness.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think there’s an argument that instead of pointing to casa to pick up Simms he could just slot in and take that position as he clearly sees the data. Having said that I still think Casa should be moving across as well.

Not enough being made of that early block/tackle though from the cross. That was world class defending to stop a goal.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
With dalot we need to remember we got him very young and for less than 20m.
I think it's a type of signing we need more of and would look better than it was if we had a functioning team in front of him.

I actually thought dalot was a dud when we loaned him out, but even if he was, it wouldn't have been a big loss.

I think weve seen signs of what he can be or become and he's just turned 25.
He’s still a dud signing. It took him nearly 6 years to be a serviceable player at right back. Servicable, not good.

People think he’s better than he really is because he’s a great athlete and is one of the better players in our team in terms of technique. In reality, all that ability is wasted because he’s terrible at reading the game and does something brain dead at least twice a game which usually costs us big.

He’s just lucky that the likes of Onana and Maguire are usually the scapegoat of our troubles.

Sylar

He’s still a dud signing. It took him nearly 6 years to be a serviceable player at right back. Servicable, not good.

People think he’s better than he really is because he’s a great athlete and is one of the better players in our team in terms of technique. In reality, all that ability is wasted because he’s terrible at reading the game and does something brain dead at least twice a game which usually costs us big.

He’s just lucky that the likes of Onana and Maguire are usually the scapegoat of our troubles.
If we sold him now, he would be a dud (unless we made a profit)
But I usually dont call a player a dud until weve seen their whole career at Utd. If he has another 5-10 years at us, and is good then weve done well. If, not then yeah, thats fair.
If were going on the five or so years hes been with us, its not good enough, agreed.

Tarrou

never used to rate him but he's one of my favourite players now mostly on account of him actually giving a shit during the matches, and he's improved a lot too

if every player had his attitude or even close to it we'd be a much better side

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

We signed him at 19, and he became a starting 11 player at aged 22 after a successful loan at Milan. Calling him a dud is just plain dumb. Even in the shot show of 21/22, he was decent and growing and one of the very few respectable performers. Last season he was excellent and started for Portugal in the world cup, and then he got injured and took him a while to get going again. This season he has been very good again. He's just a very good player and after the 3 young guys (Garnacho, mainoo, hojlund), is easily the most set in stone player we have for the next 5 years. He's a good player, he stays fit, he's at a good age, he has excellent technical qualities and physical qualities... Get him in a system that knows how to defend as a team, have a settled team around him and he'll push on even more, without a doubt.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We signed him at 19, and he became a starting 11 player at aged 22 after a successful loan at Milan. Calling him a dud is just plain dumb. Even in the shot show of 21/22, he was decent and growing and one of the very few respectable performers. Last season he was excellent and started for Portugal in the world cup, and then he got injured and took him a while to get going again. This season he has been very good again. He's just a very good player and after the 3 young guys (Garnacho, mainoo, hojlund), is easily the most set in stone player we have for the next 5 years. He's a good player, he stays fit, he's at a good age, he has excellent technical qualities and physical qualities... Get him in a system that knows how to defend as a team, have a settled team around him and he'll push on even more, without a doubt.
Agree to disagree.

Like I said, his technique and athleticism is great and his ceiling is high, but he’ll be handicapped because he’s just lacking football IQ on the pitch.

SATA

He’s a player whom i can see the big Spanish 2 will come calling for him in 2 years. He’s rapidly improving and now an undroppable in our XI now. But he loves United so he’s going nowhere while in his prime

criticalanalysis

A couple of mistakes but overall decent. Laid it on a plate for Garnacho in the first half with an excellent first time pass that should have been an assist. Had a one-on-one in the second half and should have scored. Also played the ball for Bruno, who then assisted Hojlund IIRC.

Another typical Dalot 'good' game for me.

Being this involved in defence and in our forward play is not a normal thing or low standards, especially in this chaotic football we play. He's not winning games on his own or demolishing teams but people need to recognise this.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Very good. He has been really unlucky (as well as lacking a bit of skill/composure to finish them off) with those crazy runs that he sometimes makes in behind when Onana or our defenders just get the ball. It's one of the few interesting tactical tricks that ten Hag seems to have implemented and that seem to work.

Raven

Still confused as to why he thought he was in 50 metres of space when through one on one. Great aside from that though.
Good that this brain fart came at that end of the pitch.
Must be one of the hardest runner in the team. He's drastically cut down his brain-fart moments which is fantastic to see.
His fitness is off the charts, he's become an athletic monster these last couple of years.

BorisManUtd

Did not watch the game but other posts show he was good again. Will definitely vote him POTY when time comes. Definitely most consistent player for us in a poor season.

NZT-One

Still confused as to why he thought he was in 50 metres of space when through one on one. Great aside from that though.
That scene encapsulates the player for me. Did so well to make that run, got found, had the luck of the diligent only to fail so pitifully. Light and shadow. Overall I thought he was very stable, just like the rest of the team today. One of few little lights of the season, although I probably see less lumen than others. Would prefer him in a more classical fullback role with a more rounded midfield. I always feel those rochads are a little too much for some of the players, even though Dalot gets it right more often than not. Unfortunately as a defender, only the times it goes to sh** are getting talked about. Lets see where the journey goes with him.

Dan_F

That scene encapsulates the player for me. Did so well to make that run, got found, had the luck of the diligent only to fail so pitifully. Light and shadow. Overall I thought he was very stable, just like the rest of the team today. One of few little lights of the season, although I probably see less lumen than others. Would prefer him in a more classical fullback role with a more rounded midfield. I always feel those rochads are a little too much for some of the players, even though Dalot gets it right more often than not. Unfortunately as a defender, only the times it goes to sh** are getting talked about. Lets see where the journey goes with him.
It’s not surprising that a right back wasn’t able to take the chance, most of our attackers have been fecking up chances like that all year.

He finds himself in some mad positions on the pitch and must get through some serious distance over 90 minutes for a defender.

Mike Smalling

Could have come away with both a goal and an assist, if he didn't wait too long to finish his chance and if Garnacho has scored his. He was everywhere yesterday. Good performance. Hopefully ETH can now see that the collective performances of our fullbacks is much greater when Dalot is on the left and AWB is on right, and not the other way.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Bit of a random thought but if we manage to find a reliable left back before the heat death of the universe, could Dalot maybe line up ahead of AWB and "do a Valencia" at right wing?
He played there in spells under Ole and he’s clearly matured and improved since then. I don’t think his attacking output is ever going to be quite good enough to justify it though.

Lexicon Red Devil

Could have come away with both a goal and an assist, if he didn't wait too long to finish his chance and if Garnacho has scored his. He was everywhere yesterday. Good performance. Hopefully ETH can now see that the collective performances of our fullbacks is much greater when Dalot is on the left and AWB is on right, and not the other way.
This has been painfully obvious since Wan Bissaka's first game at left back. It only took conceding two last minute penalties and going however many games without a win for Ten Hag to spot it though.

He's been giving me Smalling at right back vibes due to the poor level of passing and lack of attacking threat.

Marwood

Bit of a random thought but if we manage to find a reliable left back before the heat death of the universe, could Dalot maybe line up ahead of AWB and "do a Valencia" at right wing?
For sure I'd have him as a right winger before Antony.

Marwood

Agree.

Dalot's performances don't differ all the much between left and right.

Where as AWB....yeah.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fernandes has had a late surge and now his G/As look good, and Mainoo has had a great debut mid-season, but I think Dalot has earned his POTY award.

Mike Smalling

This has been painfully obvious since Wan Bissaka's first game at left back. It only took conceding two last minute penalties and going however many games without a win for Ten Hag to spot it though.

He's been giving me Smalling at right back vibes due to the poor level of passing and lack of attacking threat.
Agree, I’ve been moaning about it a lot. Honestly it’s a bit of a shocker from ETH that Wan-Bissala played more than one game on the left.

NZT-One

Not sure he is quick enough even though that might be a lesser issue than I don't see the energy to go up and down with him. He is a bit like Shaw in that regard, always a little too comfortable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think his best quality is his play and build up from deep and progressing the ball with his passing or carrying... Let's just keep him where he belongs :lol:

Marwood

Not sure he is quick enough even though that might be a lesser issue than I don't see the energy to go up and down with him. He is a bit like Shaw in that regard, always a little too comfortable.
He's as quick as anybody in the team.

NZT-One

Well then maybe Valencia wouldn't look as fast these days as well. Don't know, top speed is not everything but I don't know, maybe the overall level really increased. But I have never really thought "damn that guys fast" when I watched Dalot. I did when watching Valencia or Walker. Maybe it really isn't about top speed (for me).

jesperjaap

Completely agree, he is being sung to high praises for being mediocre this season.....several into his career that has been poor....just casue others have been dreadful. Like Lindelof, a bang average defender, survived several seasons here, should be sold, far better right backs about

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Well then maybe Valencia wouldn't look as fast these days as well. Don't know, top speed is not everything but I don't know, maybe the overall level really increased. But I have never really thought "damn that guys fast" when I watched Dalot. I did when watching Valencia or Walker. Maybe it really isn't about top speed (for me).
Not sure what other way there is to measure players’ pace.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!

We signed him as a 19y old for £20m... I don't know what's so terrible about that in this current transfer market. Name me a better fullback than Dalot who would also cost less than £20m? Or maybe you're annoyed he's steadily improving as a player so doesn't fit into your preconceptions anymore.

tomaldinho1

Not sure what other way there is to measure players’ pace.

Top speed isn't that important in football, it all depends on your acceleration. How many times does a player get more than 10-20m to explode into without the ball/not needing to check a run, stay onside, avoid an opponent?

Lukaku used to be top or 2nd to Shaw in these back in the day. Acceleration from standing is much more important even if your top speed is lower i.e. Hazard would get hammered by Lukaku in a 100m race but one is much more difficult to catch over the first 10m.

Then you get the occasional freak like Walcott or Walker was who have fast 100m times and are also lightening from a standing start.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
As someone who has him in their fantasy team, I was very happy with how high up the pitch Dalot was playing.

And not only high up the pitch, but how often he was coming inside - he reminded me of Cancelo when he was at City.

I think in a better functioning side, he could rack up a decent amount of goals and assists. His fitness and athleticism is amazing compared to others in the team.

Still young as well - he could have a top quality few seasons ahead of him.