Diogo Dalot | Done Deal | Speaks better English than Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

We need a RB badly. Valencia is so terrible to watch. When he has the ball, he does not know what to do with it. He just hops a few times behind the ball before passing the ball sideways or backwards.
He is very good in a lot of what he does though, people don't realise how often he shackles good opposition players. Ask any left winger and tell them that Valencia is not a good player and they'd laugh in your face. If we could sign a top class RW and have Valencia behind him we are sorted for next season at least.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's a RB but since he's so good he can do LB and even made two assists on his debut there. Still very young but already mentally stable to perform in any club imo. Physically imposing, technically sound, he's the best youth product we've had in ages along with Ruben Neves.
Sounds good!

Bratt

Never heard of him, but after reading through this short thread, I’m all for him.
Excited!

Sanche7

Who? Why aren't we in for established world class players instead?
Because there aren't any available.
The best established player we can buy is Sidibe who has many weaknesses to his game like poor first touch and is defensively suspect.
If Jose and the scouts think this guy can be a very good defender, then why not.

Personally as @roonster09 said, love theses kind of transfers, players who very few people have seen. The suspense, the expectations, the mystery ... It's like going on a blind date

$inner_88

With initials like that maybe we should stick him up front.
Or get him on homes under the hammer.

Never heard of this kid obviously but im hoping were going to sign him and loan him back for a year. It could harm his development if he has a set back.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
All for buying young talent to mould for the future. Unlike others I’m more concerned with LB this season.

Who knows - maybe this guy can be our starter. Look at Trent A-A.

Hans Moleman

Duncan Castles actually says on his podcast that we've been working this deal for quite some time and have an outline agreement with Porto. Loads of other clubs are interested but we've also had an agreement with player to come here.
Cheers for that. Hopefully this is one time baldy is right

Sanche7

Also while we are at Porto, can we also buy their LB? That guy is gonna be a very good player.
If Sandro decides to renew with Juve and if Tierney decides to stay, I'll be very happy if we get Alex Telles

Sterling Archer

I work with a Portuguese and he thinks he's the most promising talent in Portugal
Duncan Castles actually says on his podcast that we've been working this deal for quite some time and have an outline agreement with Porto. Loads of other clubs are interested but we've also had an agreement with player to come here.
That's good to hear. I hadn't been overly impressed with any of the other right backs that had been mentioned as possible transfers. This would be a sensible option to phase out Tony V, especially if we buy a more proven LB that would allow Young to deputize more on the right as well.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
At that price and with what's being said in this thread, this looks like a good punt that could pay off big.

It'd be great to get a quality young player at a good price who goes on to star for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he’s a 19 year old right back who has just made his debut in February, but has actually played most of his football at senior level at LB?

I’m sure he’s class and all, but we need guaranteed starters at either fullback position.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Promising player but won't Porto be unwilling to sell ? Since they've already sold Perreira to Leicester City
Also, isn't he injured??

Last edited:

JJ12

He is very good in a lot of what he does though, people don't realise how often he shackles good opposition players. Ask any left winger and tell them that Valencia is not a good player and they'd laugh in your face. If we could sign a top class RW and have Valencia behind him we are sorted for next season at least.
I agree with this. I get the criticism and frustration with him but he’s not as bad as made out. His physical tools are elite - just a shame he never progressed his attacking skills.

suhaylah

Teams like Chelsea, Manchester city or even Liverpool would not want Valencia as their RB.

Judas

Open to offers
I agree with this. I get the criticism and frustration with him but he’s not as bad as made out. His physical tools are elite - just a shame he never progressed his attacking skills.
He is as bad as made out. and his attacking skills have just declined massively, he used to be a lot better, that part of his game is just totally knackered at this point.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Castles says we have a deal in Principle with Porto. How can that be when they just sold Pereira?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So he’s a 19 year old right back who has just made his debut in February, but has actually played most of his football at senior level at LB?

I’m sure he’s class and all, but we need guaranteed starters at either fullback position.
The best LB (and fullback) United had in the past 30 years was actually a RB.

cyberman

Teams like Chelsea, Manchester city or even Liverpool would not want Valencia as their RB.
He's walk into this Liverpool side. Unless you think fecking Arnold is ahead of him?
Clyne even?

Sanche7

According to Whoscored, he has played just 498 minutes this season.
Is he ready to start for United?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to Whoscored, he has played just 498 minutes this season.
Is he ready to start for United?
I think Valencia will still be our no 1 RB next season. Dalot will act as cover then step up as first teamer the year after with TFM as cover.

Super Mokh

Was class in fm17. Easily became one of the best wing backs in the game. I for one would be delighted if we can sign him. Get it done Woody!

gza the genius

Valencia is terrible going forward but if we get a right winger this summer that won't matter nearly as much. Assuming we do get a right winger I think this profile of player would be good for us. A promising youngster to slowly take over the starting position from Valencia without the pressure to immediately do so sounds like it could work out very well for us.

deafepl

Valencia is leaving at end of the next season, we don't offer contract extension for 32+ years. Diogo Dalot will be understudy to Valencia and our new right fullback if we buy this summer.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
hes nowhere near to replace Valencia, potentially maybe a good palyer but no chance he would start next season, sounds more like sunderland singing, only to move to everton, later in his career.

JJ12

He is as bad as made out. and his attacking skills have just declined massively, he used to be a lot better, that part of his game is just totally knackered at this point.
Nah he’s really not. His attacking skills haven’t declined massively at all - he is what he is in that department. When his physical skills deteriorate he’s then fecked. Last year starting for us I think.

He really isn’t helped by not having a tidy RW too. Think that will help massively.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think people underestimate the fact that Valencia actually plays according to instruction.

gulli_G

Ashley Young and him at RB, Valencia filling in.

New left back and Shaw as backup, young filling in.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
hes nowhere near to replace Valencia, potentially maybe a good palyer but no chance he would start next season, sounds more like sunderland singing, only to move to everton, later in his career.
God forbit he is connected to Liverpool tomorrow, he will be world class, and Ed and Jose bastards who only wants galacticos on huge wages.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's a RB but since he's so good he can do LB and even made two assists on his debut there. Still very young but already mentally stable to perform in any club imo. Physically imposing, technically sound, he's the best youth product we've had in ages along with Ruben Neves.
:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.