Diogo Dalot | Manchester United player

Aloysius's Back 3

God even if he turns out to be rubbish I could stare at his eyes all day :eek:

Also already talks like a pure winner at his age.

Devil may care

Interesting signing, I imagine he'll spend a season as Valencia's cover and get games in the cups and the weeks when the games stack up, very promising prospect.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Will be interesting to see how he fairs. Hopefully better than Shaw has.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Hope he has a good pre-season.

Seriously want him to be the type that breaks into the first eleven within a couple of the months of the season.

Acquire Me

Surely he won't be first team for a couple of years at least? Never seen him play but I'm prepared to wait a year or two to see how he pans out. 6 pro games is a big gamble (on paper) but I have never seen him play so have no idea what to expect. I wonder what this means for TFM?
He will play a lot the coming season.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Never seen the kid play, but this is the kind of signing that gets me excited. His versatility in being able to play on either side is a bonus.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If you're a fan of tread

The last time United signed a Portuguese & a Brazilian player in one window, it was on the back end of a season where United lost the FA Cup Final 1-0 to Chelsea at Wembley and Liverpool reached and lost the Champions League final. Following season we won the CL and the PL.
The magic of Anderson.

mohr

Never heard of him before, but feels like very exciting signing. Hope he will turn out great

If you're a fan of tread

The last time United signed a Portuguese & a Brazilian player in one window, it was on the back end of a season where United lost the FA Cup Final 1-0 to Chelsea at Wembley and Liverpool reached and lost the Champions League final. Following season we won the CL and the PL.
The amount of similarity between Summers of 2007 and 2018 :eek:

We are winning the PL & CL double next season guys :drool: Hopefully we will escape the Portsmouth at home though :lol:
Let's just hope we won't lose our best player to madrid in a couple of years then :eek::lol:

Chairman Woodie

I wouldn't have thought Dalot is a typical Mourinho signing. He is very young and inexperienced. Presumably other more experienced names were considered?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Best full back of his generation and a six year contract, sounds to me like the son of Luke Shaw and David Moyes .... What could possibly go wrong!

ship50

Hope he gets enough games to add to his experience. If the manager says that he is 'the best young full-back in Europe', he must have some faith in the youngster. All the very best to Dalot.

maniwin

He is going to be the best RB in the world after few years judging from his Youtube compilation. :lol: On serious note i hope he gets to play regularly instead of Valencia or they both sharing similar amount of playing time

prateik

People still dabbing? I thought we had moved on from that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Dalot replaces Darmian.

He's just as versatile and unless he proves to be ready for the first team he'll play games when Valencia needs a rest. Hopefully, with a new signing on the right, Valencia can improve on his attacking and crossing deficiencies. Surprisingly for a player who's spent most of his career as a winger he has a tendency to put the brakes on in an attacking position and passes back. Giving the opposition defence time to organise.

To be fair, he's been a revelation in defence.

Last edited:

haram

Dalot replaces Darmian.

He's just as versatile and unless he proves to be ready for the first team he'll play games when Valencia needs a rest. Hopefully, with a new signing on the right, Valencia can improve on his attacking and crossing deficiencies. Surprisingly for a player who's spent most of his career as a winger he has a tendency to put the brakes on in an attacking position and passes back. Giving the opposition defence time to organise.
To be fair, he's been a revelation in defence.
I think Valencia has lost a bit of his explosiveness due to his age. It’s a bit more difficult for him these days to find that extra inch to create better space for a cross. I dont think crossing techique is any different tbh.

cyril C

He's very young, let's see how many games he gets. Wouldnt be surprised if we signed him for the future and we see very little of him next season.
If he is the intended RB, then we will see him at least 20 games next season. Valencia was being used 1 game a week last season and he is not going to get better. Don't put too much expectation although we have plenty of depression coming from Shaw, Darmian and Blind on the side.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Its a lot of money for promise. Bet the youngsters at the club realise they have no chance of first team football. What happened to that young kid who made his debut and looked shit hot? Was it Angel Gomes?

Jose thought that clown LindaLaff was a good defender and he's total shite so cant see this kid being much cop. We have the most promising left back in world football when we bought Luke Shaw and look how that turned out :-(

Challenging for top 4 finish next season, cancel the order for Brasso.
Oh my

Marcky411

Stop Wumming
Well Mourinho claims he is the best fullback in his age bracket.
Well what else did you expect him to say, this kid comes from his old club, has played 6 games for the first team and nobody has heard of him and quite rightly so. I just hope Jose shows this chappy more faith and patience and doesn't end up treating him like Shaw, Martial, Lindelof, Mihki and even Bailly the last so many months. Strange enough of the players I have mentioned only Shaw and Martial aren't his own signings so it also speaks volumes about Jose and the faith he shows in his own signings.
If I can give this boy some good advice he better learn to play the very safe game/passes(no risk) resulting in playing the ball side ways and backwards like McTominay otherwise he too will be the ultimate bench warmer.

SprayingErmine6

I’ve never seen him actually play (just highlight etc.) but In my opinion the time for this signing is just perfect. As Valencia is getting older the crossing point of Dalot being starting 11 material and Valencia falling out of favor will probably be around the same time.

And even if he isn’t replacing Valencia soon – he will be a more reliable option on the left hand side than Young of Shaw (or at least I feel that way).

I’m pretty excited about the signing but not sure what the outcome will be.

Welcome Diogo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Coops73

Watched him play every week in the Portuguese league since he joined sporting. Two feet, two hands which means he’ll be good at taking throw ins, breathes fire from his arsehole to escape from wild packs of honey badgers, all in all the best player to come out of Portugal since Messi.
They have honey badgers in Portugal? Wow I did not know this, my favourite animal, if I win the lottery I’m gonna buy one, maybe even two.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well what else did you expect him to say, this kid comes from his old club, has played 6 games for the first team and nobody has heard of him and quite rightly so. I just hope Jose shows this chappy more faith and patience and doesn't end up treating him like Shaw, Martial, Lindelof, Mihki and even Bailly the last so many months. Strange enough of the players I have mentioned only Shaw and Martial aren't his own signings so it also speaks volumes about Jose and the faith he shows in his own signings.
If I can give this boy some good advice he better learn to play the very safe game/passes(no risk) resulting in playing the ball side ways and backwards like McTominay otherwise he too will be the ultimate bench warmer.
You're insufferable. Plenty of people with far more knowledge of the game than you and I have heard of him, hence why the likes of Barcelona and Bayern were considering making offers.

Quizierda

Really hope he will kick-it on here. Will need some time + trust but if he proves his worth we could have sorted a crucial position for a long time!

Anyways, welcome Diogo!

haram

Was going to give an actual response but you dont even deserve one. I’d rather keep the negativity out of this thread.

Lam

Reminds me of Denis Irwin. He looks good on the ball and has a good cross on him (purely based on watching multiple youtube videos).

If he can adjust to the tempo of the game in PL and if he's brave enough with the physical nature of the game, he will make it. Wishing him the best.