Disgrace...

DA2

Bloody hell - are you that thick? I used that as an example of a possible scenario, read the bloody post for Christs sake - I have to say the number of people on here that dont read posts before replying is beyond a joke. I did not use it as some crass generalisation....... R..E..A..D.

Being that Im the one with the experience of working with these kids, that gives me one hell of a headstart on you lot when it comes to knowing what they are really like as people. In short when you know what youre talking about then start flapping your lips, until then shut the feck up. I tell you this twat, they need people to stick up for them becasue cnuts like you and the majority of the public sure as hell wouldnt...... as is proved by the lingo on this forum.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
DA2 said:
Bloody hell - are you that thick? I used that as an example of a possible scenario, read the bloody post for Christs sake - I have to say the number of people on here that dont read posts before replying is beyond a joke. I did not use it as some crass generalisation....... R..E..A..D.

Being that Im the one with the experience of working with these kids, that gives me one hell of a headstart on you lot when it comes to knowing what they are really like as people. In short when you know what youre talking about then start flapping your lips, until then shut the feck up. I tell you this twat, they need people to stick up for them becasue cnuts like you and the majority of the public sure as hell wouldnt...... as is proved by the lingo on this forum.
Shut the feck up already, as we have all said what your saying isn't going to do anything, and your just talking bollox now mate. How does me calling Diarra a spastic on the internet effect tommy two fingers a hundred miles away. And in short mate you don't know what the feck your talking about, weve said it the mods have said it, its not going to change, your ridiculous idea to change the internet into some better world isnt going to happen, and ill use spastic as much as I like. And Pogue was right now your just being a patronising cnut. And who the feck raised the question of what they are like as people? Noone. So what was the point in saying that and saying 'Ive got a head start'......You think If I see a disabled person tomorrow im going to stop saying spastic? I work with a bunch of cnuts every day, not gonna stop saying that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Alright listen to his you hypocritical cnut. You've made 4 pages bitching about our use of the word 'spastic' and how our lingo is terrible and its offensive to people with disabilities and how when we use it as an insult its very offensive. Well you fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime you called someone a 'gimp'
DA2 said:
because all you are is some gimp
Now that is a word used to describe lame people or crippled people you fecking moron so don't you go saying we cant say it in our conversations when you do it too, spastic bitch.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Hectic said:
Alright listen to his you hypocritical cnut. You've made 4 pages bitching about our use of the word 'spastic' and how our lingo is terrible and its offensive to people with disabilities and how when we use it as an insult its very offensive. Well you fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime you called someone a 'gimp'
Now that is a word used to describe lame people or crippled people you fecking moron so don't you go saying we cant say it in our conversations when you do it too, spastic bitch.
hehehe
well spotted

Hectic

Supports
30fps
marcosdeto said:
hehehe
well spotted
It gets even worse mate, listen to this
DA2 said:
Actually yes you are! It never ceases to amaze me how people cannot grasp the concept of racism.....

Racism is discrimination on the basis of race alone. End of. People often talk about racism in a negative context - but actually racism is neither positive or negative. If an Oriental man chose to employ poor, uneducated black people into his business in order to give them a better start in life - he is in fact a racist because he has discriminated on the basis of race.

Racism is about discrimination and makes choices allied to that, and that can apply to a multitude of things. Calling an Indian person a paki is in fact technically no different from calling them Asian. If i chose not to speak to that person based on his Asian origin that would indded be racist but calling them paki is not. The fact that someone chooses to be offended by it doesnt necessarily make it racist.
So what your saying is: if a guy is say a pakistani, then calling him a paki isnt racist unless he chooses to take offence. Thats what your saying above^ I dont agree but its not really a point I care to argue, my point is the same fecking thing then applies to Spastics by your own methoding, just becuase they are a spastic doesnt mean they have to take offence. Jesus fecking christ you spew alot of bollox and then go and post this topic and we argue a point you already made ages ago. You must feel like a right spastic now.

Godspeed

Peed Dogs
DA2 said:

ِAttention seeking spastic.

:smirk:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I remember Tiger Woods calling himself a spazz for playing badly. Clearly, this thread is a hotch-potch of confusion.

EricVanCoppell

Frankly I can see why someone who works with Downs Syndrome children finds the liberal use of the word Spastic on this site offensive. Shame no-one has at least tried to see his point of view rather than advising him to leave the site. There again it just proves that "sheepism" is alive and well here.

On a personal level I find it offensive that a Mod (Weaste) should label supporters Spastics for getting upset about us dropping points to Reading! Surely if you can't as a United fan get upset about that then you obviously don't follow your team with any real passion.

DA2

Hectic said:

Actually the word Gimp had several different uses FYI. A person who is sexually submissive is known as a gimp - which is why I used it as an insult.

Dont you feel stupid? Unlike you I think before I type.......

Got anything to say arse face...... I thought not.

:lol:

EspadaYdaga

Inbred
oh my god DA2... you cant be for real... noone can seriously be such a bellend as you appear to be... it's a joke right? are you a traffic warden by any chance?
you are the one who sees disabled people as different to the rest hence your desire to be over protective and over react to simple jest..
everyone gets cussed... fat people gay people bald people skinny people different races... whatever... by their own friends... especially men amongst themselves always insult eachother... its a bonding thing... it's a joke!!
FFS

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
DA2 said:
Actually the word Gimp had several different uses FYI. A person who is sexually submissive is known as a gimp - which is why I used it as an insult.

ah yes , but how were we to know which you meant?, you seem to be a bit more forgiving towards yourself than all the rest of us vile insensitive hate merchants.

with the shite pc that you are spouting Hectic showed you to be a complete twat ... having principles is great, but inflicting them on others while excusing yourself is automatic qualification for the catholic priesthood ... the largest organised community of hypocrites on the planet - they even work with the underprivilged sometimes, like yourself they find it a good moral high ground from which to do and say as they please.... a bit of extra pontification and you may be accepted as a bishop.

DA2

mosesfromtala said:
ah yes , but how were we to know which you meant?, you seem to be a bit more forgiving towards yourself than all the rest of us vile insensitive hate merchants.

with the shite pc that you are spouting Hectic showed you to be a complete twat ... having principles is great, but inflicting them on others while excusing yourself is automatic qualification for the catholic priesthood ... the largest organised community of hypocrites on the planet - they even work with the underprivilged sometimes, like yourself they find it a good moral high ground from which to do and say as they please.... a bit of extra pontification and you may be accepted as a bishop.
Oh what like similar to those who say they use the word but they dont mean in a certain way?? Like those people right??

The fundamental flaw with youre point is that the word spastic has really only one meaning and therefore can only be taken one way.

If you asked for a chicken sandwich and someone served you cat, youd understand what i mean.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
DA2 said:

OK, you sanctimonious prick, seeing as you like reading so much, read this:

Idiot, moron, retard and cretin. These words were all originally used as medical terms to describe people with learning disabilities. But, as time went by, they were adopted as slang and new labels had to be found.

Spastic was used as a term for people with cerebral palsy (never Down's, you fecking idiot) and Mongoloid was used to describe people with Down's Syndrome (because their facial features were thought to be similar to the mongol race from Eastern Europe). Again these terms fell out of favour as soon as they started to be used as slang.

Nowadays, the term "learning disabilities" is used to describe anyone who has cognitive impairment, for whatever reason. Individual diagnoses, from DS to cerebral palsy to Prader Willi Syndrome - all of which may cause learning disabilities - are described by their proper name. And, I reckon, this nomenclature is here to stay.

The words "spastic" and "mongoloid", will continue to be used as slang, just like "moron" and "idiot". At least until the latest slang-word for people like you becomes cool and spa or Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime will become just as mainstream as cretin or moron. That's the thing with slang, the more people use it, the less shock value it has and the less popular it becomes.

(Interestingly enough, "spastic" is still used in medical circles, but only to describe the tightened, shortened muscles that can happen after, for example, a spinal cord injury. "Mongoloid" is also used, but only in an anthropological context.)

None of these words I've discussed so far were ever created purely to be used in a derogatory manner. This is completely different to the racist labels peppered throughout your ill-informed rants. These terms are profoundly offensive as, from day one, they were intended to subjugate and demean those to whom they were applied.

As for you being the only one "working with these kids", well I'm a doctor - who worked for a year as a child psychiatrist - so have a fair idea what I'm talking about. Also, my best friends sister has Down's Syndrome, if I showed her this thread she'd laugh her ass off at the pompous and patronising bullshit you're spouting.

So, are you going to get on your high horse next time you hear someone call someone else a moron? Or an idiot?

The thing is, I actually think your heart might be in the right place, and this is an issue that's worth a debate. But you seem completely incapable of rational debate, so you should never have started this thread in the first place.

You moron.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
DA2 said:
Oh what like similar to those who say they use the word but they dont mean in a certain way?? Like those people right??

The fundamental flaw with youre point is that the word spastic has really only one meaning and therefore can only be taken one way.

If you asked for a chicken sandwich and someone served you cat, youd understand what i mean.

thankfully the more you type the less understanding and sympathy I have... you are best described as a deluded, tunnel visioned, self righteous pain in the hole... god fecking help the poor kids who have to put up with your influence , they might fall into your own trap of believing you ... or maybe working with these special needs kids has given you an oversure sense of your own intelligence - take it from me you are an annoying idiot who if anything will turn people off anything you defend , so do these kids a favour and stop speaking on their behalf ... dickhead! ?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
DA2 said:

You fecking little twat, you dont think there are different characterists of the word spastic then? You prick you just said 'how do you now in which way I used it' you obviously didnt use it to call the other person 'disabled in anyway like that' similarly when I called diarra a spastic i was calling him a stupid 'twat' similar to yourself. You called someone a gimp which can mean the same or worse as a spastic so go feck yourself.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
DA2 said:

Jesus this guy doesn't understand plain English, im glad im not just gettin annoyed/bored with his guy, although Pogue just then has clearly shown this guy is now in actual fact talking bollox.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
PogueMahone said:

Idiot, moron, retard and cretin. These words were all originally used as medical terms to describe people with learning disabilities. But, as time went by, they were adopted as slang and new labels had to be found.

Spastic was used as a term for people with cerebral palsy (never Down's, you fecking idiot) and Mongoloid was used to describe people with Down's Syndrome (because their facial features were thought to be similar to the mongol race from Eastern Europe). Again these terms fell out of favour as soon as they started to be used as slang.

Nowadays, the term "learning disabilities" is used to describe anyone who has cognitive impairment, for whatever reason. Individual diagnoses, from DS to cerebral palsy to Prader Willi Syndrome - all of which may cause learning disabilities - are described by their proper name. And, I reckon, this nomenclature is here to stay.

The words "spastic" and "mongoloid", will continue to be used as slang, just like "moron" and "idiot". At least until the latest slang-word for people like you becomes cool and spa or Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime will become just as mainstream as cretin or moron. That's the thing with slang, the more people use it, the less shock value it has and the less popular it becomes.

(Interestingly enough, "spastic" is still used in medical circles, but only to describe the tightened, shortened muscles that can happen after, for example, a spinal cord injury. "Mongoloid" is also used, but only in an anthropological context.)

None of these words I've discussed so far were ever created purely to be used in a derogatory manner. This is completely different to the racist labels peppered throughout your ill-informed rants. These terms are profoundly offensive as, from day one, they were intended to subjugate and demean those to whom they were applied.

As for you being the only one "working with these kids", well I'm a doctor - who worked for a year as a child psychiatrist - so have a fair idea what I'm talking about. Also, my best friends sister has Down's Syndrome, if I showed her this thread she'd laugh her ass off at the pompous and patronising bullshit you're spouting.

So, are you going to get on your high horse next time you hear someone call someone else a moron? Or an idiot?

The thing is, I actually think your heart might be in the right place, and this is an issue that's worth a debate. But you seem completely incapable of rational debate, so you should never have started this thread in the first place.

You moron.

Thats probably the worst bit about all this (well argued above). He has got good intentions but along the line he has really pissed me off, and the fact he has used terms to describe 'disabled' people himself annoys me even more.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Hectic said:
Jesus this guy doesn't understand plain English, im glad im not just gettin annoyed/bored with his guy, although Pogue just then has clearly shown this guy is now in actual fact talking bollox.

totally, he makes my pregnant and bordering-on-murderous girlfriend seem reasonable ... kinda

Hectic

Supports
30fps
mosesfromtala said:
totally, he makes my pregnant and bordering-on-murderous girlfriend seem reasonable ... kinda

DA2

Hectic said:
You fecking little twat, you dont think there are different characterists of the word spastic then? You prick you just said 'how do you now in which way I used it' you obviously didnt use it to call the other person 'disabled in anyway like that' similarly when I called diarra a spastic i was calling him a stupid 'twat' similar to yourself. You called someone a gimp which can mean the same or worse as a spastic so go feck yourself.

Definition
spastic Hide phonetics
adjective
1 OLD-FASHIONED suffering from cerebral palsy (= a condition of the body which makes it difficult to control the muscles)

2 INFORMAL an offensive way of saying 'stupid', used especially by children

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

FYI Here are the definitions of the word "spastic" as you can see by using it there are very very few ways in which can be perceived.
FYI If you look up "gimp" there are 5 or 6 possible meanings - lending itself to a variety of perceptions and interpretations.
Your logic implies that any phrase can be used in any way purely because the person "might mean it in a certain way" - Ill have to remeber that when i see your Mum and call her "fat gangbanger" - after all I mean it in a bantering, good natured, humourous way of course!!

DA2

PogueMahone said:

You moron.

Good essay! Couple of points....

idiot

noun {C}

a stupid person or someone who is behaving in a stupid way:
- Some idiot left the tap running in the bathroom and there's water everywhere.

- {as form of address} You stupid idiot - that's a month's work you've lost!

idiotic

adjective

stupid
idiotically

adverb idiocy

noun {C or U}

a stupid action, or stupidity:
- the idiocies of war

- the idiocy of the whole scheme

As you can see perfectly permissable as a general insult......

mo‧ron  ˈmɔr ɒn, ˈmoʊr- - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-on, mohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Again as you can see a perfectly appropriate insult using form 1....

As much as I enjoyed your history lesson - you really should try and blow less hot air and just do your homework properly.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
DA2 said:
Definition
spastic Hide phonetics
adjective
1 OLD-FASHIONED suffering from cerebral palsy (= a condition of the body which makes it difficult to control the muscles)

2 INFORMAL an offensive way of saying 'stupid', used especially by children

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

FYI Here are the definitions of the word "spastic" as you can see by using it there are very very few ways in which can be perceived.
FYI If you look up "gimp" there are 5 or 6 possible meanings - lending itself to a variety of perceptions and interpretations.
Your logic implies that any phrase can be used in any way purely because the person "might mean it in a certain way" - Ill have to remeber that when i see your Mum and call her "fat gangbanger" - after all I mean it in a bantering, good natured, humourous way of course!!

Go ahead, she will just laugh at you, not all of get offended by anything. And your such an idiot, the context of using spastic is the same as saying gimp, your not using it in its original context to describe say retarded children but your using it as friendly banter on here. Stop being such a twat about it, you can see your wrong now and your just talking crap.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
DA2 said:
Good essay! Couple of points....

idiot

noun {C}

a stupid person or someone who is behaving in a stupid way:
- Some idiot left the tap running in the bathroom and there's water everywhere.

- {as form of address} You stupid idiot - that's a month's work you've lost!

idiotic

adjective

stupid
idiotically

adverb idiocy

noun {C or U}

a stupid action, or stupidity:
- the idiocies of war

- the idiocy of the whole scheme

As you can see perfectly permissable as a general insult......

mo‧ron  ˈmɔr ɒn, ˈmoʊr- - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mawr-on, mohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.
2. Psychology. a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

Again as you can see a perfectly appropriate insult using form 1....

As much as I enjoyed your history lesson - you really should try and blow less hot air and just do your homework properly.

Your such a nonce it isnt even funny now. Think about it, your arguing that you can use a word which has connotations of disabled people but given the context you can use it to mean other things. And spastic is the same, it does have other meanings (doesnt make a fecking difference is theres only one other meaning) but nevertheless there is other ways in which you can use the word and given the context its not being used that way. And last but not least your whole argument over the 'If I call a pakistani guy a paki, then its not neccessarily racist as he can choose to take offence' Well as you said that your self then the same thing applies to Disabled or retarded people. And don't even try to argue that last point because that was your own theory cocksucker.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Funny. We normal get accused of being too politically correct.

I guess we don't police the use of terms like Spastic since it is not being used to insult people who are suffering from the condition and in any case they are unlikely to read this forum and thus be offended by the term.

We also don't really bother with people calling each other gay as an insult despite there presumably being gay people who read this forum. Since it is an everyday insult we only react when true homophobic rubbish is posted.

I suppose in an ideal world we wouldn't use these terms as an insult but it isnlt and we do. What is the alternative?

If we leapt on every single post that could be considered innapropriate we would need full time paid mods - even assuming we wanted to make such a change in character to the place.

Murphman

I used to use the term routinely until I realised my mate who has a daughter with Spina Bifida was mortally wounded whenever anybody in the pub called anybody a spastic. I realise nobody means to cause pain to another person but I disagree with Pogue in one respect, I think anybody personally involved with disabled kids whether as a carer or parent IS offended by the term spastic or Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime, I don't think they would laugh it off at all which is what Pogue intimates in his post.

So before you start calling me names, you do what you see as fit and proper but personally I try and imagine the person I'm talking to may be affected and offended and I'm not prepared to take the chance.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
I was in Munich this weekend, and saw a few disabled people strolling around the city. All I could think about was "Don't think spastic ... don't think spastic".

So, to keep you from influencing my conscience, I drank myself into oblivion and called the other drunk Germans the only obvious choice ... spastics.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Gutsy said:
thats makes it ok then does it?

I burnt myself with a match, maybe i should have called myself a muslim.
Lighten up

TheRedFlag

Not feeling himself tonight
Striker10 said:
ofcourse your right it's grossly offensive even online but you got to give some people slack since its obvious some people are so incapable of being funny they have to look to be blatant as to make them deal with their obvious condition...usually of being the words they lovingly call others...:p
spastic