Do you want Ronaldo to stay or to leave?

Ronaldo

• Stay

Votes: 436 62.0%
  • Leave

Votes: 267 38.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Obviously that is the only important thing. If he wants him gone, I’m fine with that. I hope he wants him to stay though and can convince him to accept a role where he’s still a main man, but won’t start every week. Manage his minutes and he’s still a cracking player.
I don’t hope my manager to do what I want. I hope my manager to do something that he thinks is right.

I don’t hope my manager to do what I want. I hope my manager to do something that he thinks is right.
That’s just a stupid comment.

I want Ten Hag, as stated, to do what he thinks is best, and I’ll back whatever he decides 100%.

That statement has feck all to do with what I personally think and hope. They are two separate things.

AndySmith1990

Leave. With a functional team, playing the way Ten Hag wants to play, we won't be relying on one player to drag us out the shit. Some people need to start looking at the bigger picture instead of focusing on individuals

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s just a stupid comment.

I want Ten Hag, as stated, to do what he thinks is best, and I’ll back whatever he decides 100%.

That statement has feck all to do with what I personally think and hope. They are two separate things.
Of course it has something to do with it. You hope ten Hag to keep Ronaldo because you personally think Ronaldo is a cracking player. But that’s your personal opinion not the manager‘s opinion, we don’t know what is the manager’s opinion. If ten Hag doesn’t think Ronaldo suits to his long term plan then I will be behind his back to get rid Ronaldo even if right now I think Ronaldo is still great player. Whatever Ten Hag decides, I’m fully behind his decision.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hey i hope Ronaldo stays if we dont get Top 4, i just dont think money is his ultimate priority.
Of course he could be happy at the club, and in Manchester. There were reports one of the main reason he came back is because he wanted his kids in good English schools. Maybe he will be happy to stay and fight to get us back into the Top 4 as i do think he wants to keep playing until 40, or even more.

I just dont know, i will be surprised if he stays if we dont get Top 4.
Will be interesting what happens, but I just don't see him leaving after 1 season.
I think he plays season 2 here, and then heads off into the sunset, having his name in our top ever goal scorers above the likes of RVN, and then has 2 easier years in wherever the big money foreign league is by then, or maybe USA.

Of course it has something to do with it. You hope ten Hag to keep Ronaldo because you personally think Ronaldo is a cracking player. But that’s your personal opinion not the manager‘s opinion, we don’t know what is the manager’s opinion. If ten Hag doesn’t think Ronaldo suits to his long term plan then I will be behind his back to get rid Ronaldo even if I think Ronaldo is still great player. Whatever Ten Hag decides, I’m fully behind his decision.
You’re saying the exact same thing as me ffs :lol:

Crick

Leave. We always keep players too long due to sentimentality. It's the best for him and for us. Look at Cavani last year compared to this year. I don't want to see that with Ronaldo. It's time for a fresh start with a new manager.

Ronaldo always looks gassed and struggles with sprints at the moment. It will only get worse under Ten Hag. It's sad to watch him get older in front of us. He's had his swan song this season with some great goals. We have had the chance to see him again this year, adore, say goodbye and forgive for going to Real.

Physically he will only be worse next year and his ego won't allow him to not play every game. The press and our own commercial team will put huge unnecessary pressure on Ten Hag to play him. Every match he doesn't play the first question will be "why's Ronaldo not starting from the press?"

You can also see the power he has over the other players. If he doesn't agree with Ten Hag on any issue he could cause huge problems splitting the dressing room. I only want one source of power in the dressing room and that's Ten Hag with no where for the players who don't buy in to hide. Manager before players this time at all costs.

He can have one more year in Portugal then move on to the US for a couple of years. It perfect for him. It a goodbye tour for possibly the GOAT. It will give us £50m in wages to invest in a new striker to be ready in 3 years for us to challenge.

Andersons Dietician

If someone came in and could actually build a team and we could get decent players in and a replacement for him then I wouldn’t be against him leaving. However I doubt we will be able to give the next manager say 4 players then a promising striker. So might as well keep him another year if he wants to stay.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's scored a hatrick in his last 2 home games, so that'll put off some of the nay sayers.

21 goals in this team is a great effort.

Imagine what he could do in a better system.
I agree, hopefully we make the Champions League so he'll be incentivized to stay.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
A valid point but if you got rid of Ronaldo's salary, you could possibly buy three good forwards for that
price. Worth remembering that Jota, Diaz, Mane and Salah are on less combined than Ronaldo on his own.
Getting rid of his salary would indeed pay for three good forwards or two top forwards, but we probably wouldn't get a huge sale fee for him, and getting three good or two top players would cost £150m, that's before strengthening other key areas such as CDM which we are desperate for, even more so now Matic is leaving.

Not sure how much money you are expecting the club to spend in the summer, if you think we should get three attackers, and you would obviously want a top CDM to be brought in as well.

Dansk

I don't want us to have to rely in a 37-38 year old, but unless we sign a proven and reliable goalscorer this summer, we can't afford to lose Ronaldo. He's literally the only player at this club who can score goals. So far this season, our forwards have scored a total of 42 goals combined across all competitions. Ronaldo scored 21 of those. In fact, our second highest scoring forward is... Mason fecking Greenwood with 6. Our second highest scoring player overall is Bruno with 9 goals in 40 appearances. If Ronaldo leaves, we could legitimately get relegated unless we sign a top-tier striker and/or other players find their form. It's absolutely ridiculous how toothless we are without him.

As things stand now, this club utterly disintegrates if Ronaldo leaves. Should that happen and we don't get a great striker in his place, I could genuinely see us finishing in 10th-12th place. We score absolutely no goals when he doesn't deliver. We don't currently have a single other player who has scored more than 0.25/game. It's relegation-level stuff. We have nothing whatsoever as an alternative. This team is so completely dysfunctional and so lacking in quality that we're fully dependent on an old man who should by rights retire at the end of this season. And as far as transfers go, what top-tier striker is even available in the summer and willing to sign for United? There's no chance at all that we get Haaland.

Kaos

Leave.

We need to move on, and give ETH a fresh start. We can’t rebuild a team with a 37 year old Ronaldo who will probably kick up a fuss being used as a squad player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stay but he needs to be rotated next year. Can't play every game.

It's no surprise his performances are always much better when he hasn't played for more than once a week.

3 games a week for him is just too much clearly.

Crashoutcassius

I don't want us to have to rely in a 37-38 year old, but unless we sign a proven and reliable goalscorer this summer, we can't afford to lose Ronaldo. He's literally the only player at this club who can score goals. So far this season, our forwards have scored a total of 42 goals combined across all competitions. Ronaldo scored 21 of those. In fact, our second highest scoring forward is... Mason fecking Greenwood with 6. Our second highest scoring player overall is Bruno with 9 goals in 40 appearances. If Ronaldo leaves, we could legitimately get relegated unless we sign a top-tier striker and/or other players find their form. It's absolutely ridiculous how toothless we are without him.

As things stand now, this club utterly disintegrates if Ronaldo leaves. Should that happen and we don't get a great striker in his place, I could genuinely see us finishing in 10th-12th place. We score absolutely no goals when he doesn't deliver. We don't currently have a single other player who has scored more than 0.25/game. It's relegation-level stuff. We have nothing whatsoever as an alternative. This team is so completely dysfunctional and so lacking in quality that we're fully dependent on an old man who should by rights retire at the end of this season. And as far as transfers go, what top-tier striker is even available in the summer and willing to sign for United? There's no chance at all that we get Haaland.
Think this is the over the top. The team is badly managed but hopefully we solve that. We are clearing 1m in wages if Ronaldo and cavani leave l. Any striker that we get should be able to score with the providers we have in Bruno and Sancho. And both of those are good enough to score 15 goals. Rashford in a GA machine under ole and can be again under a better manager. And again, obviously we will sign a striker, stop gap or otherwise, and any decent striker will get goals for us.

ForeverRed1

Stay 100%. There’s goals In him and with a proper coach and some strong additions to the team he will get even more.

See the 2 year contract out then go where he wants.

RVN1991

Stay but he needs to be rotated next year. Can't play every game.

It's no surprise his performances are always much better when he hasn't played for more than once a week.

3 games a week for him is just too much clearly.
Same. Want him to stay as he is still very useful but more in a Cavani role, need to bring in an up and coming striker who can rotate and eventually take over from him though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Given Rangnick has openly said we obviously need to sign a CF this summer, we can probably take it as read that that'll be the case and operate under that assumption.

I think you have too much drink that you can't even differentiate your statement and my statement.
I think you’re utterly off your tits.

I’ll say again, the most important thing is that I desperately want ETH to do what he thinks is best, and I’ll back that 100%.

I’ll keep my own thoughts and hopes to myself with regards to the team, cause they mean less than jack shit and seem to wind up United Academy. I have thoughts and hopes on every player in the squad, but the last decade has shown me that I know next to feck all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think you’re utterly off your tits.

I’ll say again, the most important thing is that I desperately want ETH to do what he thinks is best, and I’ll back that 100%.

I’ll keep my own thoughts and hopes to myself with regards to the team, cause they mean less than jack shit and seem to wind up United Academy. I have thoughts and hopes on every player in the squad, but the last decade has shown me that I know next to feck all.
:rolleyes: Hey don't get so upset by adding a rude slang on every of your post. Just calm down. Like I said before, unlike you, I don't put any hope of ten Hag wants Ronaldo to stay.

:rolleyes: Hey don't get so upset by adding a rude slang on every of your post. Just calm down. Like I said before, unlike you, I don't put any hope of ten Hag wants Ronaldo to stay.
upset? Those only one bloke doing roll eyes here.

To be honest, you’re boring the life out of the thread by trying to nitpick on something so ridiculous. Let’s leave it at that, I’ll PM you a thought experiment instead.

Red Daz

Doesn’t matter what I want, whatever Ten Hag wants I’ll go with

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
upset? Those only one bloke doing roll eyes here.

To be honest, you’re boring the life out of the thread by trying to nitpick on something so ridiculous. Let’s leave it at that.
Sigh, all I did was posting this: ''What I want is what Ten Hag wants.''

I don't know why are you making a big deal out of it. Let's leave it at that.

Sigh, all I did was posting this: ''What I want is what Ten Hag wants.''
To which I agreed.

I then stupidy added my own “hope” on the matter as a football fan with opinions that are usually way off on players.

You didn’t like it, 10 posts later you’re still banging on about it not wanting to let it slide. So here’s a thought experiment for you….

I hope my daughter wants to travel the World when she grows up, like I spent the decade between my 20-30’s. It was a great experience for me and I think it’s something that makes you a more rounded person. That said, the most important thing is that she’s happy, and if that means staying in the same Swedish town her entire life, good on her, I’ll be delighted.

Getting it yet? hoping something I personally prefer has nothing whatsoever to do with what is most important, I’m not a robot, I have thoughts, feelings and opinions. All of these mean zero, the most important thing is always the most important thing and takes precedent.

Now let it slide man, we both want Ten Hag to have the courage and the ability to make the choice he believes is best. If that means he’s gets rid of Ronaldo, good on him for having that courage and conviction, I’ll be delighted for him.

Last edited:
Good, so I don't know why are you being rude at me. Is it your thing, being rude to someone that you agreed?
The only person being rude is the one who won’t let a personal opinion on a matter slide, we aren’t robots man and it wasn’t worthy of a 10 post back and to. As I say above, I have hopes for my daughters too, but they mean nothing, I’ll be happy if they are happy.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

Cavani is leaving, Martial looks awful and I'm unsure what will happen with Greenwood. Ronaldo therefore has to stay. Otherwise we will need to sign two strikers. So keep Ronaldo and sign a striker (Nunez). Problem then becomes his undroppable status.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
This obsession with pressing is a bit strange.

I hope people realise the purpose of pressing is to win the ball back, and once you actually have to score to make it worth it? A bit moot if you can't do the latter
Pressing is about defending and making it difficult for the opponent to start an attack just as much as it is a way of trying to win the ball back in a favourable position. Winning the ball and scoring an easy goal against an unsettled defense might be the ultimate prize, but it's very far from the only reason it's worth doing.

Just take our game vs City at OT as an example, they were camped in our half the entire game because their pressing meant we couldn't string 3 passes together and then we had to run after them for 3-4min before we got the ball back again, rinse and repeat. I'd say that was well worth it for them as they didn't have to waste energy without the ball and more importantly they barely had to defend in their own half the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.