Do you want Ronaldo to stay or to leave?

Ronaldo

• Stay

Votes: 436 62.0%
  • Leave

Votes: 267 38.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need an rvn

If he can accept missing a match or two a month for the sale of his fitness, and if he does play and gets subbed for tactical sake and takes it like a team player should, then stay!

but when he storms off waving his hands in the air because he gets subbed and not performing, that Shows it still all about the ronaldo show and not a team player the is rather say thanks and leave

the squad need to be united and this squad isnt, he is a part of that with his behaviour at times

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The only person being rude is the one who won’t let an personal opinion on a matter slide. It wasn’t worthy of a 10 post back and to.
You need to change your habit of thinking that just because someone telling you that he/she has different opinion with you doesn't mean that person won't let a personal opinion on a matter slide.

Let me make it clear. You can have your own personal opinion on a matter slide. I never insult your personal opinion about you are personally hoping that ten Hag wants Ronaldo to stay. All I did was differentiating between yours and mine, that's all. For some reason, you don't like me telling you that me and you have different opinion.

You need to change your habit of thinking that just because someone telling you that he/she has different opinion with you doesn't mean that person won't let a personal opinion on a matter slide.

Let me make it clear. You can have your own personal opinion on a matter slide. I never insult your personal opinion about you are personally hoping that ten Hag wants Ronaldo to stay. All I did was differentiating between yours and mine, that's all.
This isn’t an opinion, it’s nothing. It’s a comment a robot would make. We’d have the worst forum in the World if we responded to every opinion on a player like this.

I don’t hope my manager to do what I want. I hope my manager to do something that he thinks is right.
We all hope our manager does what he thinks is right. Every single one of us hopes that.

But good talk, enthralling, like chatting to Alexa.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ragnick was asked specifically by Stone about Ronaldo - he said he’s scored 2 hattricks in last 5 games and asked how there can be any debate that he’s a positive for this team. Ragnick responded by saying he has a year left on his contract and this isn’t for him to decide…the next manager will. Found it interesting that this was a free hit fluffy set-up to just praise Ronaldo and instead he answered by questioning his future here.

Gavinb33

I put leave, in the games this season he scored 10 of his PL goals in just 5 games.

If we are serious about building something the Ronaldo distraction isn't worth it, if we all agree he shouldn't play every game but if he is rested it becomes a story because he is Ronaldo and becomes the story and dominates the narrative.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Despite the hattrick i still vote leave because he's not the future.

He can't be the only one leading the line, he doesn't have it in him to lead the line every game. Unless he accepts coming off the bench he can't stay.

ShinjiNinja26

This man has an elite winning mentality which is something this squad sorely lacks, I don’t know why you’d want to get rid of that. I know it’s been reported that ETH doesn’t fancy him but I think for a season a coach of his quality could accommodate him purely for his match winning quality and his professionalism on and off the pitch, which sets an example to the whole team. Even though a lot of these current shithouses choose to ignore it I hope they are offloaded in the summer.

RedCheekz

If we get top 4 we need him stay. He alone got us through the CL group stage.

If we don’t qualify CL then maybe best he goes. He not going want play Europa and we are going be rebuilding the team anyways.

The unfortunate scenario is we have no strikers , cavani will be going and he too old, martial and rashford ain’t up to it then there’s greenwood who was meant a potential superstar but yeah we all know what happened there.

Foxbatt

It's not a question should he stay or should he go? It's who is going replace him and is his replacement the most important priority for the club?
It's obvious that there is a transfer budget and do we use it to replace Ronaldo or other most important priorities we have to sort out?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This isn’t an opinion, it’s nothing. It’s a comment a robot would make. We’d have the worst forum in the World if we responded to every opinion on a player like this.

We all hope our manager does what he thinks is right. Every single one of us hopes that.

But good talk.
So you are the one who is being rude for not letting a personal opinion on a matter slide. You have no authority to do that sir. You can just report it if you don't like it so stop arguing and stop trying to make it such a big deal. You have too much issues out of nothing.

Volksie316

I want him to stay, but he needs to understand and respect that he might not always be an automatic starter next season.

He will be 38 years old and the new manager will have his own philosophy(Yes that dreaded word again lol), and his own ideas.

I very much doubt his ego, would be able to handle that sadly.

R'hllor

Using word rotation and Ronaldo in the same sentence, thinking/hoping Ronaldo wont kick a fuss, you cant be for real, he cares only about one thing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We need a poacher anyway with him staying or leaving... or get an ultra goalscoring right winger to add about 20 goals.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Stay but he needs to be rotated next year. Can't play every game.

It's no surprise his performances are always much better when he hasn't played for more than once a week.

3 games a week for him is just too much clearly.
The problem with that is every time the manager leaves Ronaldo out, there’s a big fuss in the media that he’s been “dropped” and it puts pressure on the manager. Then the whole game the TV company is showing footage of Ronaldo looking furious on the bench. Same if he’s ever subbed off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It isn’t, my contribution in here should’ve finished after that first post I made. I’m happy with you not to reveal your own feelings and opinion on the matter, as we both agree on the important point here.
So you are the one who is being rude for not letting a personal opinion on a matter slide when I revealed it. Hey, it's a forum, no one said that I can't reveal my own feelings and opinion or even differentiate two posts, so you shouldn't be unhappy/upset just because I do that.

Red4Life_#7

100% Stay... He has done wonders this season. Terrible service all season, but has still managed 25+ goals, he is also getting use to the prem again... give him a chance.

Flexdegea

I think stay.

With his goal threat, if he could be ok with being rotated games be massive asset.

Also don't think he need to be running too much in games if ETH can get us dominating the ball loads at home, he be playing mostly about the box.

Such a weird season could end up top scorer :lol:

Someone

Something
Ronaldo can be good for us if he accepted playing a lesser role. He isn't finished but he isn't someone who can start every game, specially when he's still playing for his country.

If I were ETH, I'd sit him down and tell him that it'd be great to have him but he won't start every game, and that he needs to accept that and be a positive influence in the dressing room. If Ronaldo is up for it then great, he's a winner and it'd be great to have around, if not, then his presence will be very toxic.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Using word rotation and Ronaldo in the same sentence, thinking/hoping Ronaldo wont kick a fuss, you cant be for real, he cares only about one thing.
Yeah, I’ve just said a similar thing above, people are being naive saying things like “stay but not as a regular starter”

Yeah, I’ve just said a similar thing above, people are being naive saying things like “stay but not as a regular starter”
There’s a naivety for sure, but everyone would’ve said the same with Zlatan a few years back. He’ll be 38 next season, even the very best do eventually retire, move to the US/Qatar, else accept a lesser role.

Sparky Rhiwabon

There’s a naivety for sure, but everyone would’ve said the same with Zlatan a few years back. He’ll be 38 next season, even the very best do eventually retire, move to the US/Qatar, else accept a lesser role.
True. I hope that can happen but it would need a mutual understanding that this was his role. No more sulking.

R'hllor

Not sure you can compare Zlatan and Ronaldo when it comes to team game stuff, Zlatan can be a prick in so many ways but not as much in areas where Ronaldo is obnoxious.

jm99

Except he was totally fine with Zidane managing his minutes at real Madrid and resulted in some of the best champions League knockout campaigns any player has had. If Ole and rangnick aren't good enough managers to get this through to Ronaldo then hopefully ten hag will be because he's obviously capable of accepting a more reduced role to keep his fitness up

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He will be playing for a coach that demands maximum pressure off the ball, no questions and no exceptions. I am not sure he's physically up to it. I think he will spend considerably more time on the bench and I dont think there's anything wrong in that.
Does Haller work that hard for ETH ?

R'hllor

Except he was totally fine with Zidane managing his minutes at real Madrid and resulted in some of the best champions League knockout campaigns any player has had. If Ole and rangnick aren't good enough managers to get this through to Ronaldo then hopefully ten hag will be because he's obviously capable of accepting a more reduced role to keep his fitness up
It aint comparable.

C'est Moi Cantona

Next season will be yet another transition season for us, with likely some tough times ahead for our current players getting up to speed with what ETH wants, and the more than usual incomings taking a bit of time to bed in as you'd expect. So United fans will be ok with seeing an improved style, top 4, and if we're lucky a decent cup run next season imo.

Ronaldo is beyond this, and isn't really where he should be at this stage in his career, so I reckon he'll want to leave, and I doubt we'll stop him.

jm99

It aint comparable.
Well it is in my opinion. Ronaldo's fitness is still pretty good, it's no coincidence his worst runs of form this season were when he was playing 3 90 minute games in a week. He's clearly still capable of great performances, but he needs his minutes managed because he just can't play every single game, but our lack of any real alternative this season has resulted in running him into the ground. But even with that he's the third top scorer in the league. If we can manage his minutes better next year he's absolutely capable of being a part of ten hag's side

RedDevilRoshi

Leave for me but I reckon he’s going to stay and then leave at the end of his contract next summer.

goalscholes

He hasn’t been consistent enough to be a season-long starter.

I’d keep him if he’s happy to rotate/ be an impact sub, but I’m not sure, even at 37, he’s willing to drop to the bench.

OrcaFat

I want him to leave because I want us to get somebody better who will keep him out of the side and I don’t think he’ll be able to deal with that.

If we really can’t get anyone better then he might as well stay until we can get someone better.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's Ronaldo, so it's inevitable that he'll have days like today. Over the course of a full season, though, I think he's part of the problem, so I'd sell.

Foxbatt

Does anyone think that someone to replace Ronaldo this year is going to come cheap? Do we need to replace him instantly or there are much more important positions that we need replacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.