Does anyone else really despise Real Madrid?

Loon

:lol:
Biggest tap merchants since Fred Astaire. Don't hate them, but they get on my wick.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Horrible unreasonable demanding fans, horrible unreasonable demanding ownership, pandering to a squad with some of the most inflated egos ever to have lived...

It's not that they just want every world class player in the transfer window, every world class player was born to play for them and therefore any cheap and dirty means of getting them to the club are acceptable.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
The only player at madrid I like is Bale and for me he was their best player by a country mile well him and modric.

I feel for simone another final lost and how can he motivate himself and the players to give it another go, knowing in both finals you where the better team.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Over the years I've come to despise both Real Madrid and Barcelona. Not for their playing style or their standing as better clubs than United, but because of players like Busquets, Pepe, Ramos and Suarez.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
People who still hate Busquets because of "diving" don't really watch Barcelona play. It's based on reputation alone at this point.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I can understand people hating Madrid even more after Pepe's behaviour yesterday. Altough tbf to him, he hadn't done a similar thing in a very long time. I don't know if it's the stress of big games that sends him over the edge but there's definately something wrong with him.

I kind of missed Costa yesterday. Felt like the act wasn't complete without him.
He did it in pretty much every game since the quarter finals(I haven't watch first knockout round). He also does it regulary in every classico. And every time against Atletico.

Morpheus 7

I really hate Real Madrid, fantastic record trophy wise though. They don't bring through youth ever. I hate there fans and there stupid white handkerchiefs of disapproval. The constant sacking of managers dispite success. The Royal element attached to the club. The constant assembling of galacticos for ridiculous amounts of money. Perez! It always feels false and more a group of mercenaries rather than watching a team. The ego's and play acting with so many players is appalling, makes me hate modern football. So basically everything, felt sorry for atletico last night. I felt they should have beat them. Such a passionate team and great fans, the opposite of Real. They just lacked that killer edge in the final third in the end. Bottom line, I hate Madrid. I hate what they represent and I cannot relate to there values in anyway.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I guess I am from a completely different generation here. Growing up, it was drilled into me by my father and Uncle that they were the most prestigous club in football. There is a certain Allure about that jersey for me. You can see the way they treat the European Cup. It is earned arrogance, like they know that they should be winning it and it is theirs. They are by far the biggest club in Europe, in history and trophies. No other club comes close and that can breed a certain amount of envy. They have earned the right to be arrogant.

MAME DIOUF 32

They don't bring through youth ever
Casillas? tbf I struggled to think of anyone else. They even shipped out Carvajal before buying him back. I looked it up and Nacho, Jese and Vasquez are all home grown but not exactly first team regulars.

Manchie

I hate them but also I hate Barca. Sometimes when they play againist each other I wish if there is a way where both of them lose :D

Theonas

Scout
I don't really hate them but there is something very annoying when you consider that their last 5 CL triumphs came in years when they did not win the league. When Barcelona, Bayern, us or even Inter won the CL, it came in years when they cleaned out and there was no argument that they are the best team in the Europe. Real seem like a more talented version of Benitez's Liverpool. Maybe it is simply maybe English attitude talking but it is very hard to call yourself the best in Europe if you don't win your own league title. Once is probably okey but 5 times!?

Theonas

Scout
I hate them like people hate us,mainly down to jealousy.
Jealousy of what? If it is about the CL, you should be jealous of about half a dozen clubs then. In other areas, I don't see how we have anything to be jealous about really. In fact I and most United fans I suspect would not trade our last 20 years for theirs would you?

Moonred

Madrid are good craic tbf. You can always laugh at the circus but they entertain. Most of their fans I know are a bit better so much less hate than others. Still cnuts though.

Un4givableB

Jealousy of what? If it is about the CL, you should be jealous of about half a dozen clubs then. In other areas, I don't see how we have anything to be jealous about really. In fact I and most United fans I suspect would not trade our last 20 years for theirs would you?
What l'm jealous of ?

1.That they are almost every players first or second choice,even despite of money.
2.That they are maybe the only club that can claim to be bigger then us,l like that we can say we are the biggest club in the world.

3.No,wouldn't trade our last 20 years for theirs but trade wouldn't my mums cooking for Delia Smith's,because she's my mum.

Theonas

Scout
What l'm jealous of ?

1.That they are almost every players first or second choice,even despite of money.
2.That they are maybe the only club that can claim to be bigger then us,l like that we can say we are the biggest club in the world.

3.No,wouldn't trade our last 20 years for theirs but trade wouldn't my mums cooking for Delia Smith's,because she's my mum.
1. We were never world leaders when it came to attracting the best players. This is mainly because the best players come from warmer climates in South America or Mediterranean Europe and naturally prefer to play for clubs in Spain, Italy or even France now. In the '90s, Italian teams were attracting everybody and so is the case now with the big Spanish two. Real went even a step further because they made it a strategy that is just as important as actual success on the pitch. Being jealous of that is sort of strange in that sense. We never competed with Milan and Juve back in the day for the best players and we don't now with Barcelona and Real.

2. True! But once you start talking about the biggest clubs, it inevitably boils down to defining criteria and measurement sticks. The two areas they clearly trump us at is European success as well as the mystic they hold for South America and Mediterranean players.

3. That is not what I meant. I mean that over the past 20 years, when you count everything; trophies won, consistency in terms of competition, overall success. Only Barcelona hold more impressive stats with two trebles, a double and 6 titles in 8 years. The rest of Europe including Real did not enjoy the same level of success and consistency we have which is why I was saying there is nothing to be jealous of when it comes recent history.

VanGaalEra

No. Barca are worse.

Though I was hoping Atleti would do it, beating Roma/Wolfsburg/City to get to the final and scoring an offside goal to help them win it makes them quite an undeserved winner.

Happy for Ronaldo though, to score the winning penalty. As Rio said, when you've worked as hard as he's done and continues to day in and day out, you deserve moments like that!

manutd619

I love Madrid - ever since I went to the Bernabeau to watch us play away. Love their ethos and style of play. Glad they beat Athletico. In fact the only thing I dislike about them is Pepe.

VanGaalEra

In which way?

Both have serial divers. For every Busquets, Alba and Neymar there's Ronaldo, Ramos and Pepe.

It comes down to the fact that you favour Ronaldo therefore view Barcelona as "worse" when there's really no sound logic behind such a claim.
Tax evading Mascherano at the back, a diving tax evading LW, a brilliant tax evader at RW and a racist cannibal up front.

I haven't even started on Alba, Alves, Busquets and throwing his boot at the linesman Turan.

It's not the same as the Barca team with Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Ronaldinho etc who won the past CL's. This team is riddled with cnuts, more cnuts then Madrid for sure.

red_devil83

Not really. They have their share of total wankstain people - Ramos, Pepe etc but I hate Barca far more with their "holier than thou" attitude and fecking Pedro, Buckets and Ratface the biggest diving, cheating cuntbag feckfaces there ever were.

At least Real tend to play entertaining football, especially that 2014 demolition of Pep's Bayern.

Sigma

Love the passion.

Also, they have players like Roberto Carlos commentating and England has Danny Murphy :lol:

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I fecking hate them.
It is very strange to me to hate or despise a club. There are many individuals* I despise though, at many clubs (including but in no way not limited to Real Madrid) and at many associations.

I hate them like people hate us,mainly down to jealousy.
I'm not sure jealousy is the main motive. Has the hate for Real from United fans been as bad as these day before Real snatched Ronaldo?

* players, managers, coaches, presidents, DoFs, CEOs, referees, ...

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I can't stand them. IMO they represent everything that's wrong with football. The only consolation i guess is Ronnie winning it.

Hojoon

It is very strange to me to hate or despise a club. There are many individuals* I despise though, at many clubs (including but in no way not limited to Real Madrid) and at many associations.

I'm not sure jealousy is the main motive. Has the hate for Real from United fans been as bad as these day before Real snatched Ronaldo?

* players, managers, coaches, presidents, DoFs, CEOs, referees, ...
I'm guessing that's what he meant. He hates the prominent individuals that make up the club.

Oneunited26

Do I hate Madrid? not really, leave that up to the Latin players who always end up going there nothing we can do, but Madrid's pull no question is the main factor why they are on 11 European cups, and we are on 3, when you're not on top of the food chain its harder to win the big trophy's in europe, it never helped we have been run by managers that have set us back a few years. Barca are probably the club that is the closest to our identity, with playing brilliant football, bringing through youth that is the model I wish we were doing has a whole consistently, hopefully going forward it could happen again, has rashford is the bright light.

Its gutting Barca have out stripped us has a whole the past decade or so bringing through youth players, winning trophy's, playing an exciting brand of football which we have lost for a long long time. Real are the classic case of the new york yankees, hated by many, always on top of the food chain for the best players, their trophy haul is mind blowing which ever way we look at it, no question their history is special, the climate, the city, their history is an attraction for all the best players. We have felt the full knockout punch of the pull Real Madrid offer when we lost ronaldo just has he hit his best years, has soon as he won a CL with us he could not wait to leave, for madrid he has already won 2 and may even stay on, wouldn't that have been great if we got that in the summer of 08. I don't begrudge Real, its more frustrating for us when even when we were European champions our pull still was not great

The only club I truly despise is liverpool, when ever its fans still brag about 5 CL's yet their team is complete garbage, that is what gets under my skin. It just annoys the hell out of me we can't start pumping those numbers on our CL haul, when 99 and 08 we could have, but always the people working for united never pushed on it could take us a long time to become a CL threat, hopefully jose can make us competing within 3 years

NotQuiteManc

I'm guessing that's what he meant. He hates the prominent individuals that make up the club.
My thought as well. They have rich history, had great players, managed by some of the great managers in modern time but the ones that are controlling the club are the idiots that should be hated really.

Oneunited26

I thought that honour was reserved for Chelsea? :p
Liverpool 05? chelsea 2012? those 2 are fighing hard for that tag, porto 04 was another that had a pretty easy run after beating united. It makes you think we could have easily picked up a few CL titles since 99, 04, 05, 2010, 2012 and 2013 huge miss chances if we built the team from position of strength

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't care for them enough to hate them, but I don't particularly respect them a lot either. I find very little "romance" in anything Real do. There's no 7 youth academy starters or class of 92 to their recent teams, like Barca or us had. They aren't the best in their own league consistently either despite always engaging in dick waving contests in the transfer market. Most of their recent success - 1 league and 2 CLs - feels more like the bare minimum over 8 years given the money spent, and lacks a certain charm to it.