Does Tuchel’s success at Chelsea show we should have sacked Solksjaer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padzilla

Hipster
I don't see Chelsea or us being at City's level anytime soon, with or without Ole at the helm. Then again there would be something seriously wrong with City and Pep, who has spent more money than any other manager at one club in history, if they weren't winning the league, challenging in Europe, year in, year out given the infinite funds they have and the fact they are allowed to do what they want.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
A truly idiotic thread. Tuchel hasn't warranted anything at Chelsea for anyone to attempt to claim "we missed a trick"".
Chelsea have been at a further stage of development than us for years. Plus Chelsea didn't jusr replace an average manager. They replaced one who hasn't a clue what he was doing. If you look at United now and still insist on thinking that of Solsjaer. You are pretty much exactly like Lampard

Alek M

Da manic one
I'm not the biggest fan as Ole as manager but at this point with this squad, to be 2nd in the league and in the semi-final of the Europa, how much better could someone else be doing?
And the injuries to Rashford and Pogba throughout the season

Jibbs

Compared to Chelsea and City, decision making at United seems like Soviet era bureaucracy.
Although Chelsea have a history of sacking managers but this swift thinking and action was only possible due to professionalism in running the club... a far cry from how United has been run by Ed.

theklr

Can we at least wait until the end of the season or if they win anything...? its hard to judge even then, since he got in halfway in all comps

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole isn’t a very good manager & I want him out but even I don’t really understand this thread. They literally just got piped at home by West Brom.

atomic keane

At the moment it still feels like new manager bounce.
Christmas next season and you could already have a when will Tuchel be sacked thread! Give it som time.

keithsingleton

I couldnt care less if Chelse win the CL, FA Cup, The Derby and the Red Cross Christmas Raffle....they stopped Gladioli and the noisy neighbours from doing a possible quadruple; we would never have heard the last of it if they did!
Fcuking well said!! Hear hear.

Red Comet

Chelsea had an extremely successful summer where they brought in Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Ben Chiewell, Hakim Ziyech, Eduardo Mendy and Thiago Silva, all whom would be players for the first team.

In contrast Ed and Matt Judge fecked around with Sancho saga and we end up bringing in 2 youth RW who are at best backups, Telles who is a back up to Shaw and only Cavani who is for the first team. I would say Ole had done brilliantly well to mask the lack of RW this season.

keithsingleton

Why is @esmufc07 getting so much stick for his opening post? Now whilst I agree we do get a lot of irrelevant threads open which in my opinion are very frustrating I just can't see what's wrong with this one. If I was forced to make a negative about the thread then I'd just say transfer it to the Ole thread, end off.

There's no doubt (( IMHO) we do get far to many repeated threads, and stupid threads than need monitoring/deleting when required. I'd more than offer my services to navigate such silly threads and more importantly repeated threads to the original starting thread/post if there's not enough mods available.

However, I don't really see this thread as a bad one. Just my opinion.
Now shoot me if you want. :lol:

Red00012

11 points off us when Lampard was sacked.
9 points off us now .

Progress

Steve 007

Tuchel has made the best start as a chelsea boss in their history.

After 10 games Ole had the best record of any PL manager in history. 8 wins and two draws, beating Hiddinks record. Ole hasn’t won anything at UTD but I’ll say this again and again, he cleared all that dead wood from the squad. He’s built a much better team and the future is optimistic.

Let’s not be stupid here, the challenge for next season is tough, Man City have an unbelievable squad, Chelsea have a very expensive squad that is slowly clicking and both clubs will spend money. Pool will have their defence back, have a point to prove and it could go either way for them. That’s next seasons top 4 right there in my opinion, no matter who’s in charge this isn’t going to be easy but we are improving and Ole has them happy with good man management, the players want to play for him and like him.

Can we do this? I’d like to think so.

Falcow

Tuchel has made the best start as a chelsea boss in their history.

After 10 games Ole had the best record of any PL manager in history. 8 wins and two draws, beating Hiddinks record. Ole hasn’t won anything at UTD but I’ll say this again and again, he cleared all that dead wood from the squad. He’s built a much better team and the future is optimistic.

Let’s not be stupid here, the challenge for next season is tough, Man City have an unbelievable squad, Chelsea have a very expensive squad that is slowly clicking and both clubs will spend money. Pool will have their defence back, have a point to prove and it could go either way for them. That’s next seasons top 4 right there in my opinion, no matter who’s in charge this isn’t going to be easy but we are improving and Ole has them happy with good man management, the players want to play for him and like him.

Can we do this? I’d like to think so.
Agree re Ole's clear out....phenomenal really. Agree also on top 4 for next season looks set in stone.

Only thing I would disagree on is Citys squad, I actually dont think it's all that great.....Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Rodi, Mendy, Torres, Zinchencko, 35 year old Fernandinho. Average enough bunch there in the greater scheme of things.

As for Tuchel, obviously success means winning things so let's see at season's end.....they are not enev currentlynin the top 4! I think it was a good appointment from Chelse given his knowledge of the Bundesliga and considering the amount they have spent in the last 2 years on players from that league so the appointment made sense at least from that point of view.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
In fairness, if Ole had his way we'd have signed Haaland for about £30m, got Fernandes 6 months sooner, signed a right sided winger, and probably would be challenging for the title this season.

And Lampard was never a decent manager. He slagged off his own players nearly every week for 75% of the time he was at Chelsea and they followed the same pattern of his Derby teams. i.e. run around a lot for the first couple of months of the season then gradually get found out/tired.

At least Ole has made some kind of progress at United. It's too slow and might not get to the level people want but as long as we're determined to feck around over every single transfer even when its an obvious need or even more obvious bargain, any manager is going to struggle. That's just how football works now there's multiple teams who will invest heavily. City are top because they signed about 1,000 players. Chelsea are getting better because they went out in the summer and signed a whole team of fecking players based on where they needed more quality. Liverpool bought some guy from Wolves and a defender no one's heard of and are now about 8th. We've somehow managed to get hold of two pretty big difference makers in Fernandes and Cavani on the cheap, and managed to get Pogba performing as a matchwinner semi consistently...I criticise Ole a lot but when you actually analyse it he's doing better than he has a right to be really.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I think you should let OGS finish the season before posing a question like this.

arthurka

Tuchel's only been there for 2 minutes. Let's see how he does next season.
Don't think it will matter much if he wins the Cup and the CL. They dominated City yesterday at their own game, they ran circles around them at staged yesterday and should have scored at least one more goal. Nothing against Ole as I have been a huge supporter of him and the changes he has made. But he needs to start to win titles. That sadly is the name of the game. If Tuchel manages to bring these titles to mother Russia his job is surely fulfilled and next season won't really matter that much.

cyril C

Well, Spurs sacked who and replace with who? What happen then?

Lee565

Under this new manager bounce of Tuchel Chelsea have been effective than playing good football. Lampard was sacked because Roman believed Chelsea weren't going to finish in the top 4 if kept on. I highly doubt Ole would have seen next season with United if finished outside the top 4 and outside the top 4 is what plenty was predicting after a disappointing transfer window.
I don't know, I think the minute tuchel was sacked Lampard's days were numbered at Chelsea unless he was able to achieve something worthwhile this season considering the money chelsea splashed out this past summer because Abramovich is not a patient guy and it would have been seen as a no brainer that tuchel was an upgrade for the club going forward.

theklr

Don't think it will matter much if he wins the Cup and the CL. They dominated City yesterday at their own game, they ran circles around them at staged yesterday and should have scored at least one more goal.
Even if I would agree they «dominated», which I dont, City was clearly tired and without some of their regulars . They had a really bad day. Its not like they beat City at their best comfortably.

arthurka

Even if I would agree they «dominated», which I dont, City was clearly tired and without some of their regulars . They had a really bad day. Its not like they beat City at their best comfortably.
They dominated City as much as anyone dominates City. This was never in danger. I agree City liked very flat indeed. But you play what's in front of you and Chelsea did just that. I guess Tuchel will be judged on titles he can win because his football is really boring.

CG1010

This forum is obsessed about whether to keep or sack Ole. I bet many of you don't give the actual football as much real estate in your brains than this.

Maticmaker

Tuchel beat City the same way Ole did, by exploiting City's preponderance for an over confidence in their defenders in holding a high back line, in having a tight defensive plan and 'breakout players' that can get you the important goals at the other end.
70-80% possession means nothing if the main stats (goals) are achieved in the other 20-30%.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I swear half of this type of thread mis-spell the name.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
tbf, we didn't have our best starting XI out there either. I got Forrest Whitaker eye when I saw our starting line up. They played well and Kepa was tested twice with shots directly at him. Defense and Jorginho and Kante where everywhere they needed to be, although Kante’s passing was pretty bad at times.

I don’t understand the obsession some of your fans have with Ole? He is good. I really question his heart sometimes, especially after that comment Trophies are just for a manager’s ego. He was a player at Man Utd, he knows all teams are judged by trophy count. You can’t blame a lack of transfers as Man Utd have spent 1.3 billion euros in the last 10 years on transfers.

Your fans can sort out Ole in or Ole out. He is definitely a good manager.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is this a parody? I don't get it.

theklr

tbf, we didn't have our best starting XI out there either. I got Forrest Whitaker eye when I saw our starting line up. They played well and Kepa was tested twice with shots directly at him. Defense and Jorginho and Kante where everywhere they needed to be, although Kante’s passing was pretty bad at times.

I don’t understand the obsession some of your fans have with Ole? He is good. I really question his heart sometimes, especially after that comment Trophies are just for a manager’s ego. He was a player at Man Utd, he knows all teams are judged by trophy count. You can’t blame a lack of transfers as Man Utd have spent 1.3 billion euros in the last 10 years on transfers.

Your fans can sort out Ole in or Ole out. He is definitely a good manager.
Thanks for the props, Im abit scared about Chelsea next season with Tuchel.

That quote was taken wildly out of context, he basically said that getting trophies might mask lack of progress and an ego thing for some managers (so a dig at JoseJ , but that of course a team like United should always strive to win trophies.

He was just saying that having steady progress is also very important to judge a team on, and with progress trophies will come eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.