Dominik Szoboszlai

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What a player he is. Big, strong, pacey, good looking, skilful, hardworking, hard. Great shot, great passing, great set pieces. Puts in a shift every time and doesn't afraid of anything.

He's come in and taken over the midfield from day one and basically looks like the complete package. Can't wait to see what he'll do when he actually settles in.

TopDog

Supports
Bolton
Which of his 1 goal and 0 assists is your favourite?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is this true? I was told players need several months to gel with the team (whatever this means) and start to contribute.

Gandalf

What a player he is. Big, strong, pacey, good looking, skilful, hardworking, hard. Great shot, great passing, great set pieces. Puts in a shift every time and doesn't afraid of anything.

He's come in and taken over the midfield from day one and basically looks like the complete package. Can't wait to see what he'll do when he actually settles in.
Like a poundland Fred

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Dives to win penalties. Fills that 8 shirt so well. Szpongebob, what a player.

mu4c_20le

I actually think he's being wasted playing so deep, basically being an engine.

Conor

He looked pretty average in the last PL game I watched? I heard he was great against the mighty LASK tonight though, fair dues.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

No way, you're lying on that. He isn't a great passer by central midfielder standards. Everything else is true, but passing is a very key component of a central midfielders so I still think he isn't good enough for a top level European team.

zaafi

Calm down, he has not done anything noteworthy and has actually looked relatively average in PL. If this is the type of signing you're going to make going forward, you're not fighting for titles any time soon.

JB7

He looked pretty average in the last PL game I watched? I heard he was great against the mighty LASK tonight though, fair dues.
They're a tough team to play against. Takes a really world class player to embarrass them, like Odion Ighalo.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

No way, you're lying on that. He isn't a great passer by central midfielder standards. Everything else is true, but passing is a very key component of a central midfielders so I still think he isn't good enough for a top level European team.
Did he play much at CM for Leipzig? The games/ mostly highlights i've watched for them and Hungary, he's always been a central attacking midfielder with two/ three positioned deeper, or a roaming 10 that starts on the flanks. It seems this could be a new role for him.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
He is absolutely one of our best players this season and has helped to transform our midfield making us contenders once again as we should be. It’s nice seeing him settle in so quickly bossing the midfield in every match. Turns out it seems our transfers have been a lot better than other big spenders as can be seen by our league position.:D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is absolutely one of our best players this season and has helped to transform our midfield making us contenders once again as we should be. It’s nice seeing him settle in so quickly bossing the midfield in every match. Turns out it seems our transfers have been a lot better than other big spenders as can be seen by our league position.:D
We’re 5 games in. You’re no contenders for anything yet except winning the Europa which is actually where you should be.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The same can be said with Fellaini.
Big (self explanatory) ✅
Strong (self explanatory) ✅
Pacey (pacey enough to play in PL) ✅
Good looking (cool afro) ✅
Skilful (best chest control in the world, best at annoying CB and causing havoc in the box) ✅
Hardworking (nodobotit) ✅
Hard (always hard) ✅

B20

Supports
Liverpool
No idea if he's any good but it's very hard to take Liverpool fans serious as they get so carried away by virtually every player that plays a few games for them.
This one is special. He's the most swoonable player we've signed in at least five years.

IRONTUSK

Think he does look decent to be fair. I`d rather we had signed him than Mount

B20

Supports
Liverpool
No I am not. His passing is great by any standard. Alonso-esque stuff like this from a few weeks ago is not surprising

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1700947704715571486

But besides his technical skill, he also has great awareness, both in showing for the ball and knowing where to distribute it quickly.

Last edited:

B20

Supports
Liverpool
The same can be said with Fellaini.
Big (self explanatory) ✅
Strong (self explanatory) ✅
Pacey (pacey enough to play in PL) ✅
Good looking (cool afro) ✅
Skilful (best chest control in the world, best at annoying CB and causing havoc in the box) ✅
Hardworking (nodobotit) ✅
Hard (always hard) ✅
We have different ideas about skilful. Also, can't believe you are even contemplating the idea of snogging Fellaini ahead of this dreamboat.

Treble

No I am not. His passing is great by any standard. Alonso-esque stuff like this from a few weeks ago is not surprising

https://x.com/SamueILFC/status/1700947704715571486

But besides his technical skill, he also has great awareness, both in showing for the ball and knowing where to distribute it quickly.
He's older than Bellingham and the same age as Haaland. If he is as good as you think he is, why weren't City interested in him at that price? They wanted to sign a midfielder and knew his qualities as they played Leipzig in the CL. Pep wasn't impressed?

Might turn out to be a cracking player, but the impression is that Liverpool fans tend to over hype players on 5 games to a ridiculous extent. Your midfield looked pathetic vs Chelsea and you were lucky vs Newcastle. Too early to say either way.

philippexyz

I agree for the most part with the thread poster. Seems like a good player, capable of playing for a big club like Liverpool. I instantly started to dislike him just for becoming a scouser, player of our main historical rival, but that's life...

B20

Supports
Liverpool
He's older than Bellingham and the same age as Haaland. If he is as good as you think he is, why weren't City interested in him at that price? They wanted to sign a midfielder and knew his qualities as they played Leipzig in the CL. Pep wasn't impressed?
Why were we allowed to buy Salah, Mane, Suarez, Alonso, Torres etc. uncontested? It doesn't work like that. Maybe they weren't convinced and would be now. Happens all the time.

Treble

Why were we allowed to buy Salah, Mane, Suarez, Alonso, Torres etc. uncontested? It doesn't work like that. Maybe they weren't convinced and would be now. Happens all the time.
I'd take Guardiola’s judgment over yours for now. Time will tell. He's a good player with exceptional pace for a midfielder. Might become a great player or might not, time will tell.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I'd take Guardiola’s judgment over yours for now. Time will tell. He's a good player with exceptional pace for a midfielder. Might become a great player or might not, time will tell.
"city weren't in for him so he can't be that good" is genuinely terrible reasoning.

Treble

"city weren't in for him so he can't be that good" is genuinely terrible reasoning.
Guardiola knowing better than you is the most obvious thing to assume. They played Leipzig and wanted to sign a midfielder. You are talking about Szoboszlai as if he is already one of the best midfielders in the world. Give him one-two seasons in the PL. You might be right or not, too early to tell.

eire-red

This one is special. He's the most swoonable player we've signed in at least five years.
I vaguely remember Liverpool fans creaming themselves over Keita before he signed.

Szoboszlai looks good in fairness, but I'm not sure about special. Way to early to judge that.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Guardiola also wanted Maguire so.......