5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santos J

Harsh to not been praising anyone and everyone after winning 9-0 but he really couldn't have asked for a much better opportunity to get 45 minutes in and he really didn't have an influence at all

kundalini

0 shots, 0 key passes, got booked in 40 mins against 10 men and 5 mins against 9 men.

In all competitions, 969 mins 1 goal + 1 assist.

PL pass completion 86.7%.

Last edited:

NinjaFletch

Nice of Solskjear to try and even our the team's tbf. But not sure I like the lack of ruthlessness from our manager.

el3mel

He looks lost on the pitch. He and other players don't synch well at all.

tomaldinho1

I'm not sure what's worse. Him being ignored by Ole or him being ignored by his teammates when he finally plays.
He did almost nothing wrong(only the harsh yellow card), he made runs, always made himself available, always ask for the ball. But the only times he got the ball was when he dropped back to get the ball from the CB's.

And on top of that shortsighted people seem blame him for not doing anything and not the teammates who ignore him. It's getting really sad.

I mean he can't play well if he doesn't get the ball and he's not hiding. He always wants the ball, but never gets it
He made that same run, down the channel either side of their CB's outside shoulder about (no exaggeration) 15 times tonight on both sides and received the ball 0 times. I get we were just going ultra direct and fizzing balls into Tony like a training game but so clear he doesn't suit this style of football. Still think he should play further back where he'd get on the ball more but was pointless tonight.

tjb

He does nothing on the ball? Do you really expect him to run across the whole pitch and score? Because the only times that he got the ball was on his own half. Any further up the pitch and he's being actively ignored.
He runs away from the ball in the guise of movement. He's a midfielder, he's allowed to come deep. Bruno had to drop deep when he came on the pitch despite the fact that he was supposed to be higher. Literally all we are hoping to see from him is getting in the right position for a good flick on....that's not good enough for a no.10 at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People will never stop moaning will they?

lilcurt

I don't get where he is trying to play when he comes on. He is always the highest up the pitch and static in the middle of the box.

He needs to be used next to Fred or Mctominay not as a 10 or false 9.

Feel for the lad as he probably has know confidence but he was the worst player in the pitch for us today, offered nothing.

Bobski

Barely touched the ball. Clearly it is not just Ole he is not convincing in training.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He made that same run, down the channel either side of their CB's outside shoulder about (no exaggeration) 15 times tonight on both sides and received the ball 0 times. I get we were just going ultra direct and fizzing balls into Tony like a training game but so clear he doesn't suit this style of football. Still think he should play further back where he'd get on the ball more but was pointless tonight.
Yeah, it's a clear mismatch. But people seem to blame him for it. Which is really unfair, because there's nothing he can do about it besides suddenly transforming into a completley different player.

Should never been bought and should've been sold this transfer window.

Classical Mechanic

Ghosting a 9-0 rout is an achievement in and of itself.

17 touches (fewest per 90 min outfield)
0 key passes
0 shots
0 tackles
0 interceptions
0 crosses
0 long passes

Just 16 short passes albeit with a 94% pass completion rate.

DomM

Did nothing of real note, not sure what his position is, just doesn't seem to get involved whenever he plays, I think he might be gone in the summer.

JG3001

Not a good showing at all really, although I think he got overlooked on the pass a few times. Still, to be anonymous in a game like that is far from what I’d expect.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I dont really get what he was trying to do tonight. Basically took up centre forward positions (perhaps under instruction?) and the game just passed him by.

I really want him to succeed but starting to feel that perhaps he just doesn't fit this team for whatever reason

Buffalo Bills

Don,t think the guy should be judged harshly until he gets a proper chance. This means a few consecutive starts at least.

At this point I'm not saying he should be a definite starter if the team is on a winning run, but at the same time he shouldn't be getting called out for lack of impact when he only gets bits and bobs of playing time.

Confidence is a massive factor for footballers

KennyBurner

Van de beek once again comes on and can’t make any impact on the game. He is not first team material. Disappointing.

el3mel

Ultimately VDB is now caught in the "Doesn't play much - gets a chance with huge pressure on to do everything possible to impress - can't do it - back to the bench - doesn't play much - gets one chance .. " etc loop.

Not sure honestly how he can get out of it. To synch with your teammates you actually need to play a lot with them first.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's abit of a ghost at the moment. Still nice to see him get his foot stuck in.

OleBoiii

It looked like our players were actively avoiding him...

I've been critical, but he's not gonna be at his best when he gets to few minutes, tbf.

Dinghy

Changed the game when he came in.

In all seriousness, I've seen nothing in his game so far that makes him a better midfield option than McT.

dal

Really starting to look like a grealish backup signing. Imagine we had Grealish.

We really need to sign him, winning against 9 men changes nothing.

DickDastardly

Not a game to be judged at.

He was clearly on just to get minutes and be a nuisance in their final third.

He needs to play when we're getting high pressed and further down the middle.

MattyB1986

He looks like a player where the shirt is shrinking him... Might need time to settle, grow, what Ole might have been meaning when he was saying about next year

onemanarmy

Ultimately VDB is now caught in the "Doesn't play much - gets a chance with huge pressure on to do everything possible to impress - can't do it - back to the bench - doesn't play much - gets one chance .. " etc loop.

Not sure honestly how he can get out of it. To synch with your teammates you actually need to play a lot with them first.
Bruno was in sync with his teammates in his very first game. The system isn't his, and I think he lacks quality. We should have saved the money, play Mata in his role of 5-10 minute substitute and got Grealish this summer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Made the right runs but we kept going to the wings. Wish someone played the ball to his feet . If someone can make a video of runs and movements he made , you would realize that.

He won't make it here . We just don't play that kind of game to suit his strengths.

Shame !

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Difference was he was not under pressure to perform in this match and was like Casper the friendly ghost.

Santos J

Ultimately VDB is now caught in the "Doesn't play much - gets a chance with huge pressure on to do everything possible to impress - can't do it - back the the bench - doesn't play much - gets one chance .. " etc loop.

He couldn't have asked for a lower pressure situation to come on in

Renegade

I tried to watch him very closely. It looked like he was being blatantly ignored by the teammates. It looked like he was clearly instructed to float in a false 9 position as Maguire and Lindelof were at the half way line with Scott just in front. No room for him to be involved in the build up so he was easesntially goal hanging and waiting for a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.