5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RC89

0 goals, 0 assists. Trusting Lingard would have been better.

Eplel

I have a strong feeling he will challenge for a starting XI spot, and he may as well get it

big rons sovereign

Kinda reminds me of Alan Smith, the way he carries himself like. We've lacked that sort of grit for a long time.

PitTon

Muller, People say he is like him, I do feel it too. But as I have watched lots of videos about him as I have time (lockdown stage4 here in Melbourne), he actually reminds me about Teddy Sheringham, especially when he is on the ball.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Potential nominee for the Caf Classics if this deal doesn't happen. Also, a permanent banning should happen for the OP.

ghagua

Love this potential signing. A center half next Woody. Let go of some of the deadwood and it will be even better.

KGBhoy

Doesn't track back. Not contributing much in attack either.

Chief123

Pointless signing. We should never have signed him when we can play Pogba and Bruno for 60 consecutive games. Woodward is clueless.

Dante

Average bang
I admit to knowing nothing about VdB beyond what's been posted on the Caf. But from what I've gathered, his profile seems to be closer to Park or Lingard than it is to Matic or Carrick. It's difficult to see how that fits in alongside Bruno and Pogba in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't know what Ole is planning. But if Van de Beek is going to be a first choice player, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a part of a switch to a different system. Maybe a 3-5-2; Shaw and AWB could potentially be decent in a back 3, especially as Wilder-style overlapping centrebacks to beat the press. That'd allow us to set up more progressively in midfield.

Of course, if VdB is coming as a squad option, we can forget about the above. But if he is, I have to say I'm a little disappointed we're not improving the first team. I don't want to grumble too much, though, since I have no clue what this guy is actually capable of bringing to the table. He might be the next Roy Keane for all I know.

Chief123

I admit to knowing nothing about VdB beyond what's been posted on the Caf. But from what I've gathered, his profile seems to be closer to Park or Lingard than it is to Matic or Carrick. It's difficult to see how that fits in alongside Bruno and Pogba in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't know what Ole is planning. But if Van de Beek is going to be a first choice player, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a part of a switch to a different system. Maybe a 3-5-2; Shaw and AWB could potentially be decent in a back 3, especially as Wilder-style overlapping centrebacks to beat the press. That'd allow us to set up more progressively in midfield.

Of course, if VdB is coming as a squad option, we can forget about the above. But if he is, I have to say I'm a little disappointed we're not improving the first team. I don't want to grumble too much, though, since I have no clue what this guy is actually capable of bringing to the table. He might be the next Roy Keane for all I know.
I would say he is a better version of Herrara. Technically he's brilliant on the ball. Very good with receiving the ball under pressure, good close control and brilliant vision to open up defences. Off the ball moving is excellent. He is better in the attacking third than Herrera. In many ways, he can do a lot of the box to box stuff that we wished Pogba would do for us. He's probably our best box to box player now in that he can genuinely get up and down the pitch effectively while dictating a high intensity press. I can see VDB and Bruno being a nightmare for opponents with them two triggering the high press often.

meamth

I'd expect at least 5-6 first time volley goals from him this season.

His goals and assists are mostly volleys. We need that.

meamth

Conclusion
With a lot of raw ability and tremendous assets, Donny van de Beek is ready to become one of the world’s top talents. With his amazing eye for a pass, vision and spatial awareness, it’s no surprise that he is likened to Andres Iniesta. His strong running ability with and especially without the ball makes him unique amongst today’s number eights. Usually, they like the ball to feet and make most of their running with the ball.

With Ajax’s ability to foster talent, he will have the right coaching to help him develop his finishing as well as his decisions inside the box, which will help him fulfill his potential. The big boys are sniffing around and it’s only a matter of time until Donny van de Beek is a name on everyone’s lips.
So basically...

"ATTACK THE SPACE" meme is back on caf, boys!

Chairman Steve

Big pair of balls on him asking for No.34 and thinking he can emulate Jonathan Greening, Rodrigo Possebon and Anders Lindegaard :wenger:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Similar to Muller. Or, the offensive McTominay, sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.