5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JG3001

8 full minutes on the pitch, no hat-trick and no ability to levitate in mid air, get rid.

EdinburghDevil

He done more in his 5 minutes than Pogba done all night.

McFred have been giving over 100 games each and still aren't performing on a consistent basis, this guy deserves at least half a dozen to show what he can do.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He done more in his 5 minutes than Pogba done all night.

McFred have been giving over 100 games each and still aren't performing on a consistent basis, this guy deserves at least half a dozen to show what he can do.
Agreed. He couldn’t do anything more to earn more opportunities and everyone else who plays his opposition couldn’t do more to earn a spell out of the team. The whole situation is getting ridiculous.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I just don't think we're going to regularly play VDB and Bruno as pep style #8s in the half spaces ahead of a lone holder until we sign someone like Rice, so at present he sort of is.
We won't do that because Ole isn't that good to set it tactically but it won't because VDB isn't good enough.
When the player says he can play anywhere in midfield and has done it in his career then I think he can be used at other formations.
Whatever the reasons, Ole just doesn't wanna use him consistently

JoaquinJoaquin

Looked good for his brief cameo, clever player and decent passer. Soon as it was obvious Bruno was being marked out of the game should have made the change.
You have to have a tactically aware coaching team to spot that and make the change. The 3 stooges on the bench have zero clue. Really wonder what Carrick is listening to in his headphones.

romufc

So in Ole's eyes, Pogba can play as a pivot in a 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2 and make loads of mistakes, cost loads of chances and goals, create nothing, but we are to led believe Donny cannot play in that position?

Ole needs to really look at himself, he is the reason he will get sacked, stop being stubborn.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
So in Ole's eyes, Pogba can play as a pivot in a 4-2-3-1 and 5-3-2 and make loads of mistakes, cost loads of chances and goals, create nothing, but we are to led believe Donny cannot play in that position?

Ole needs to really look at himself, he is the reason he will get sacked, stop being stubborn.
Truth is no matter what he does he won’t be sacked. He has free reign to do anything

El Zoido

You have to have a tactically aware coaching team to spot that and make the change. The 3 stooges on the bench have zero clue. Really wonder what Carrick is listening to in his headphones.
This is the big problem, we’re all watching this tearing our hair out for him to make a change when it’s not working.

The-Natural

He is a super player and another reason why we need to bin Ole ASAP as we now risk losing VdB in January thanks to his appalling management.

DutchCruijff

I've got so much respect for DVB. Proper United player.

He's been abused, treated like utter shit yet he came on and fought like a lion. He could have easily downed tools and put in a lethargic performance but he was zooming around all the place.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Deserved way more than 5 minutes, same with Sancho. Criminally under used especially when his predecessors weren't exactly pulling up any trees.

The use of him and Sancho so far is ridiculous. Glad to see they found their way out of prison for a few minutes anyway.

Xaviboy

Ole only put him and sancho on as he getting negative things in media about not using them. Normally puts Lingard on when chasing a game

BlahRules

Deserved way more than 5 minutes, same with Sancho. Criminally under used especially when his predecessors weren't exactly pulling up any trees.

The use of him and Sancho so far is ridiculous. Glad to see they found their way out of prison for a few minutes anyway.
He only put them on for two reasons: to appease some fans if we lost the game and have reasons why they won't get minutes as the team still lost even though they were giving 4 minutes of normal time to make an impact.

It felt like a Mourinho thing to do.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He only put them on for two reasons: to appease some fans if we lost the game and have reasons why they won't get minutes as the team still lost even though they were giving 4 minutes of normal time to make an impact.

agreed. “we had to rest players and change the team around a bit, unlucky not to get a result” etc etc

the coaching staff are so annoying.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

agreed. “we had to rest players and change the team around a bit, unlucky not to get a result” etc etc

It boggles my mind that some fans believe that managers give any sort of feck what the fans think they do with their team. If he let fans influence the team, DVB would be on the team sheet every week.

The mind boggles at the lengths that quote un quote "online fans" do to try and find some sort of hidden meaning or agenda behind every day decisions that a manager or team makes.

Do you really think he's forward thinking to what he's going to say in the press about his own team? He's had DVB on the bench for months, without playing a single minute of football, do you really think he's thinking of an excuse to say to the press about his team?

I've started to criticise Ole more, but criticising him on team selection and saying that he only did it so he can use an excuse in the press, which on the grand scheme of things means feck all, is such a far out out there reasoning it's almost like it didn't happen.

You really think he's sat down with his coaches and went "so lads, we're gonna put Sancho and DVB on in the last few minutes of a UCL game, that we're losing, just so I can make an excuse in the press" ridiculous. Thinking about what he's going to say in the press is the LAST thing on his mind. You'd be the ones slating him for not thinking about the game infront of him rather than what he's going to say in an arbitrary interview that he may or may not have in the press afterwards.

Last edited:

OT1214

He is probably listening to the commentary of the game to understand what’s going on:nervous:

Ixion

He only had a couple of touches but they were effective in the opposition end, got himself into a couple of nice positions. See you again in 3 months Donny.

BlahRules

It's favouritism. They should count their lucky stars Ronaldo is playing.

BlahRules

It boggles my mind that some fans believe that managers give any sort of feck what the fans think they do with their team. If he let fans influence the team, DVB would be on the team sheet every week.

The mind boggles at the lengths that quote un quote "online fans" do to try and find some sort of hidden meaning or agenda behind every day decisions that a manager or team makes.

Do you really think he's forward thinking to what he's going to say in the press about his own team? He's had DVB on the bench for months, without playing a single minute of football, do you really think he's thinking of an excuse to say to the press about his team?

I've started to criticise Ole more, but criticising him on team selection and saying that he only did it so he can use an excuse in the press, which on the grand scheme of things means feck all, is such a far out out there reasoning it's almost like it didn't happen.

You really think he's sat down with his coaches and went "so lads, we're gonna put Sancho and DVB on in the last few minutes of a UCL game, that we're losing, just so I can make an excuse in the press" ridiculous. Thinking about what he's going to say in the press is the LAST thing on his mind. You'd be the ones slating him for not thinking about the game infront of him rather than what he's going to say in an arbitrary interview that he may or may not have in the press afterwards.
Well OGS had to apologise to Rashford. He also will not rest Ronaldo now after the last time he benched him.

We've seen LVG and Mourinho drop Rooney, play Shaw etc. Even Wenger once credited the fans for playing certain players if I remember.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Interesting he came on to replace the #10 and not the #6 or #8... Ole has stated before he can play as part of the 2 but I don't think he believes it anymore, unless we had a prime Matic, I don't see him as part of the 2 either which is the problem I think

Longshanks

Nice little cameo, overloading on the left creating space for Ronaldo to drive across the box which led to the equaliser, the nearly got the winner making the same run.

Should of started ahead of pogba last night, but played a little higher and bruno should of played a little deeper with mctom as the sole central 6 cdm with bruno and v.d.b as 8/10s RCM and LCM respectively. It will gives us the shape to control the midfield press high and create overloads.

OleBoiii

8 minutes with fresh legs and the team desperately chasing a goal is not enough to prove anything. Not unless he was absolutely outstanding or shite. And he was neither.

But like everyone else I hope we get to see more from him. I guess the difference is that I deem his absence as a sign that he's not good enough, whereas if he plays more then it means that he has improved.

The-Natural

gets better the longer he is out
Jesus this line is getting seriously tiresome. His career did exist before he joined United, you know? I actually watched him play for them a lot and I'm basing my opinion on that because you cannot make a fair assessment of him for us because, er, he has barely played.

There's a reason why Madrid arranged a deal to sign him before they fell apart financially.

Sviken

0 goals and 0 assists - didn't take his chance. Back to the bench with him.

Ole

luke511

Has Donny played three consecutive full matches for us? Even two?
He was dropped to the bench indefinitely after his two best games for us, v Basaksehir last season and West Ham. He's only started in the double pivot 3 times and those games are two of them, Young Boys was the third but he got subbed at half time after AWB's red card. It's a bizarre situation, where Solskjaer's showing an immense level of stubbornness towards not giving him a fair chance.

lex talionis

Thanks to both of the posters above. It’s been said many times here already, but it is bizarre that Ole authorized the acquisition of a proven talent but then to never use him in a meaningful way.

With Pogba suffering a poor run of form and refusing to sign a new contract, and Ole going with a back 3, last night was a perfect occasion to start Donny and see what he could offer United in a post-Pogba world. As it was Donny got only what 6 minutes and looked decent, at the very least interested.

Whatever “The United Way” is surely it must be giving players who have proven they have potential and who are willing to fight for their club a chance to prove themselves, no?

SonyaCross493

I think a loan move to Barcelona in January is nailed on. And I hope so as I don't want to sell him. Come back in the summer with potentially a new manager and take Pogba's spot

Stacks

Jesus this line is getting seriously tiresome. His career did exist before he joined United, you know? I actually watched him play for them a lot and I'm basing my opinion on that because you cannot make a fair assessment of him for us because, er, he has barely played.

There's a reason why Madrid arranged a deal to sign him before they fell apart financially.
which seasons was he superb and compared to what other midfielders? to say someone is superb they would have to stand out in their position globally.
I imagine you are going to cite that season they went on that European Cup run asyour evidence?
Have Madrid made any decent signings in the past 3 years or a load of duds?

Highfather_24

VdB : "Boss, so will I be starting to-"
Ole : "Shut the feck up Donny, you're out of your element here"

BattleAxeRed

Yesterday vs Atalanta,Donny did in 2 minutes what McTominay and Fred couldn't do in 3 years. Sums up the horrible manage we are saddled with.

Dve

Pogba was there for his long passes, as we have seen he can be world class at on many other occasions. Pogba + Rashford looked like a good idea. Donny does not have that in his repertoar.

Pogba had a stinker, though, I´ll give you that, but it´s not like that was granted before the game.

Sviken

Pogba had a stinker, though, I´ll give you that, but it´s not like that was granted before the game.
What are you even talking about? He hasn't been good for weeks. And no manager (save for clueless Ole) would put up with his shit for so long. A player that is about to leave has no right playing games, especially when he seldom contributes to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.