Donny Van De Beek | he stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Up there with the Djemba-Djembas as far as bad midfield transfers. Awful footballer. No redeeming qualities within a top flight league in my opinion. I think all this stuff that he'll be good in Spain or Italy is nonsense too. So what is it about Spanish football that suggests they want a player that doesn't take any responsibility in matches to help his teammates? I think the fact we struggle to loan him out says it all. Not many teams can identify what he does.

He belongs in Dutch football. At the moment I would say he's a worse footballer than somebody like Davy Klaasen. He went back there and did well and I think VDB can do the same.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Up there with the Djemba-Djembas as far as bad midfield transfers. Awful footballer. No redeeming qualities within a top flight league in my opinion. I think all this stuff that he'll be good in Spain or Italy is nonsense too. So what is it about Spanish football that suggests they want a player that doesn't take any responsibility in matches to help his teammates? I think the fact we struggle to loan him out says it all. Not many teams can identify what he does.

He belongs in Dutch football. At the moment I would say he's a worse footballer than somebody like Davy Klaasen. He went back there and did well and I think VDB can do the same.
I agree. Not a good tackler, not a good dribbler, too unimaginative as a passer. I'd go a step further and ask: Is he even a midfielder? The only thing he does (kind of) well is run into pockets of space others create with their movement. Like, when Tadic was playing as a false #9 at Ajax and you could see VdB constantly getting in the box. More like a peripheral attacking player, masked as a #10 because the SS role is mostly obsolete in continental football.

croadyman

Yeah how in god's name do you we find a taker

Jordi Cruyff 99

but that is part of playing for this club, you don't get an endless run of games to show something you have to show something pretty much right away.
I can't believe someone that has presumably watched what has unfolded on the pitch over the past ten years would come out with something that is so contrary to the truth such as this. Players have been getting away with being substandard for a Man Utd team to no end. That includes new arrivals who continue to be poor, as well as players who have shown something in moments but are also so clearly substandard.

Gandalf

I can't believe someone that has presumably watched what has unfolded on the pitch over the past ten years would come out with something that is so contrary to the truth such as this. Players have been getting away with being substandard for a Man Utd team to no end. That includes new arrivals who continue to be poor, as well as players who have shown something in moments but are also so clearly substandard.
Substandard would be an improvement for Donny. He has had plenty of chances.

Devil81

I agree with all that, he was an average player in a side playing a system that got the best out of that team. They played out of their skin for each other.

He's just bang average at best.

Red Royal

He is so poor he can't even fill in at left back or make himself of any use to the squad.
Wish he had gone instead of Fred.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’m struggling to believe that players like JWP who had been relegated can get a move but players who have played in the CL like VDB can’t…

Bobski

Donny has been a failed signing, but is a likeable player. Maguire has ruined his rapport with the fans by coming out with 'nothing to prove' nonsense and other delusional, self-vindicating tripe. Given that he was captain when saying this guff has fecked most fans off. Donny hasn't said much and would gladly move given the chance imo. Maguire is staying at United solely for the money and in doing so is hindering our ability to reinvest in the squad. They're very different cases.
How is Donny a likeable player, he has given almost nothing to Utd, anonymity is his calling card. Maguire might be easy to dislike now and never as good as he was hyped to be but he actually produced some decent performances for Utd and made some level of contribution. Donny only had to suggest that he could offer more than McT and Fred, 2 of the lowest rated players by fans of the modern era, and they trounced him.

McT in reports I can find earns £60K per week, Donny £120K, he has been utterly pitiful.

Bwuk

I’m struggling to believe that players like JWP who had been relegated can get a move but players who have played in the CL like VDB can’t…
JWP is better.

Donny hasn’t done anything for years.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
JWP has clearly been better over the past 2 years

Robertd0803

Source (Tier 2):
Thats great because no United fan is thrilled about him either.

JWP can at least take a wicked free kick at a bare minimum.

Donny has done literally nothing of note since leaving Ajax. No one is going to take him based on his form 3 or 4 seasons ago sadly for us.

RVN1991

A lot of shit players have played in the CL and a lot of good ones have been relegated before. Nothing new.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The stark contrast between their PL performances and wages will give you the answer.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
How is Donny a likeable player, he has given almost nothing to Utd, anonymity is his calling card. Maguire might be easy to dislike now and never as good as he was hyped to be but he actually produced some decent performances for Utd and made some level of contribution. Donny only had to suggest that he could offer more than McT and Fred, 2 of the lowest rated players by fans of the modern era, and they trounced him.

McT in reports I can find earns £60K per week, Donny £120K, he has been utterly pitiful.
This. Nothing about Donny suggests he's likeable. How can anyone like Donny? He doesn't show any fight, is bang average, and is invisible.

marktan

The reason no one wants him is because he's rubbish. Everton and their non existent scouting (or basically pick up unwanted players at other big teams) were the only ones who'd touch him.

If I I could respawn at life at respawn at Ajax's academy because if this guy made it this far then I probably could too.

dinostar77

Hope he goes on loan, needs to rediscover himself. A small club is probably ideal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be a good club to be on good terms with, as they're an absolute talent factory in recent years.

talking robot

Dunno about the particulars of the deal, but FC Lorient would be a good fit for him football wise. They have a playing philosophy that emphasizes game vision and technical quality, two traits where Donny is fairly strong. They also look likely to fight for a place in Europe. Can be a good place for him to re-start his career and re-establish himself. That can boost him for a permanent move next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.