Gaming E3 2015

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
They don't really need to to be honest they're that far ahead. I think they'll have a few surprises but nothing major.
I agree. Same as last year. Loads of 3rd party shit (even more than Xbox now easy) and some VR stuff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Any chance Sony will copy them and announce backwards compatibility? It would just annoy me, to be honest, since I've sold all my PS3 games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Any chance Sony will copy them and announce backwards compatibility? It would just annoy me, to be honest, since I've sold all my PS3 games.
Nah, they've got PS Now as their "solution", though the rental prices are a rip off. Hopefully this might make them consider lowering the prices but I won't hold my breath.

Bebe

They don't really need to to be honest they're that far ahead. I think they'll have a few surprises but nothing major.
Are they still that far ahead? They've basically sat still since launch. Xbox have added a video player and backwards compatibility, two huge features for me personally that Sony lack. Neither has had much in the way of must buy exclusives...i dunno. I'm annoyed with Sony and wondering if I made the wrong decision to go ps4 at this point.

Rooney1987

Are they still that far ahead? They've basically sat still since launch. Xbox have added a video player and backwards compatibility, two huge features for me personally that Sony lack. Neither has had much in the way of must buy exclusives...i dunno. I'm annoyed with Sony and wondering if I made the wrong decision to go ps4 at this point.
I found this on Techradar.com posted a few days ago "PlayStation 4 has surpassed 22.3 million systems sold worldwide, while Microsoft's numbers for the end of last year indicate 10 million Xbox One consoles have shipped to stores."

I personally don't use the video feature on my Xbox One and the backwards compatibility is cool but didn't work too well for the PS3 against the 360 but I'm sure it'll help.

Nickosaur

Are Sony really that far ahead? Not in terms of popularity - I know they're still light years ahead of Xbone, but in terms of what each console actually offers now, it can't be that much of a difference at all?

Leg-End

BC is a big feature for many, one that will allow many to make the jump to next-gen. For me its a bit "wow, I can play the old games I have sitting under the bed", but thats just it, they are under the bed because I'm done with them, but still its a huge feature for many.

In terms of games......this is still a bit lite on new so far, but theres plenty of time left.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Backwards compatibility does little for me as I still play older games on my PC. So I kinda already have that in a way.

I have actually been playing Fallout 3 recently on the PC, I wouldn't play it on console though TBH...

x42bn6

Are Sony really that far ahead? Not in terms of popularity - I know they're still light years ahead of Xbone, but in terms of what each console actually offers now, it can't be that much of a difference at all?
Sony do have a big lead, but then again, you can never rest on your laurels in this business. Sony didn't expect Microsoft to fight back so well with the Xbox 360. Neither probably expected the Wii to do so well.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I've got both and I think Xbox is ahead for features and games and would have that before today comfortably. There are some things PS4 do better tho. Their OS is less robust but does all the basics a lot better.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Is the backwards compatibility for all 360 games? Gonna be seriously pissed with myself for selling L4D 1&2 last month if that's the case

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I like them, but this gameplay demo is killing me, looks like the most boring bit of gameplay in the game.
That was gameplay? That's even more boring then.

Scripted sequences and QTE's just don't do it for me.
Absolutely the same for me.

If they could be done without the faux cinematics where I know my life isn't in danger then they would be much better.
Yeah the whole cinematic thing is what bores me most.