Gaming EA FC 24

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Try sacking a coach, it will freeze the game
Noticed this on day one. Unbelievable that they haven’t fixed this yet. I think the gameplay this year is actually okay on career mode with the most recent sliders. You can score a better diversity of goals this year. However the bugs, menu glitches, exploits are a disgrace and to make matters worse many of them have existed in the game for the past 5 years now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This game is hilariously unfinished. My kids were playing and one of their keepers just disappeared during a penalty and was missing then for the entire match. I mean he’s there but he’s invisible. It looks weird :lol:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Need some help myself as I can't stop loosing. How is gavardiol, bruno, foden and nkunku?
Gvardiol is a beast with shadow, I play him as LB and he's even good there.

Bruno is awesome, his passing is the best in the game with a catalyst. Ridiculous.

Nkunku is great with a hunter, fast, strong, agile, skilful and decent finishing.

Foden is always overpowered, his control, agility, left food and deceptive speed is a joy. Have replaced him with Diaby for now though, for Fut champs.

7/7 so far, hoping for a good weekend.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Is offline play remotely enjoyable? I'm thinking of buying it to play some Career Mode in my free time - how does it play against CPU?
Honestly save your money. If you’re offline mainly it’s just not good enough at the moment.

Wait for a few patches first because career mode is currently a mess of bugs.

I have managed to find one thing I like about the new gameplay and that is the controlled sprint mechanic but beyond that and the precision passing there are so many errors in the coding which just make career mode an absolute disaster right now.

Some decent ideas but just awfully executed.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yeah, wait until EA care about something other than UT and patch the bugs in the career modes.

Iol
This might be what drove me away from the games. It’s not just that the career mode was heavily bugged the last few times I bought the game. It was that they released plenty of updates but none of them ever tackled these bugs. If there are bugs in the career mode, you‘re lucky if they are gone by the next release.
EA really, really don’t give a shit.

Andy_Cole

Is offline play remotely enjoyable? I'm thinking of buying it to play some Career Mode in my free time - how does it play against CPU?
I grew up smashing out Pro Evo 8. Loved offline master league, the gameplay playing with mates. Is there no game that replicates this? I would just like a really good football game which isn’t focused on being a playing card game.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This game has no midfield at all. Defence to attack through a single run or through pass.

BUT if you accept its deficiencies and play it for what it is - an arcady caricature of football - it isn't too bad.

EvilChuck

Finished champs rank 5, 11-9 with the last few games being horrendous sweat fests against teams with loan icons, loan RTTKs etc. Happy with a positive finish though, and the packs were pretty sweet too. Got Eder Militao and Joao Cancelo from the player picks, and RTTK Di Maria from the packs so cant complain really

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Finished champs rank 5, 11-9 with the last few games being horrendous sweat fests against teams with loan icons, loan RTTKs etc. Happy with a positive finish though, and the packs were pretty sweet too. Got Eder Militao and Joao Cancelo from the player picks, and RTTK Di Maria from the packs so cant complain really
I struggled this weekend on Champs. I had a bad head and couldn't concentrate so ended up with 8-12 which is quite shocking tbh. But I packed Varane, and a couple of 25k in forms, which wasn't too bad.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I can't believe EA still haven't sorted the error with pro clubs drop in matches. The error has existed since the beta release and you still can rarely find a drop in match without it saying en error occured.

EvilChuck

I struggled this weekend on Champs. I had a bad head and couldn't concentrate so ended up with 8-12 which is quite shocking tbh. But I packed Varane, and a couple of 25k in forms, which wasn't too bad.
I havent spoken to anyone who didnt struggle this weekend. And where I thought Thiago Silva was quality during rivals games, he got exposed so many times in champs so I was glad to get Militao as a replacement

gorky_utd

Ended up with 6 wins. Worst WL ever for me. But got Son and Griezmann from rewards and then vvd from another untradable pack.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m actually loving the addition of women. I’ve got a full women team and it’s funny watching my United Lucia Garcia EVO run rings around the top end male defenders.

Wal2Fra

SBCs are laughably bad this year.

absolutely nothing worthwhile.
The game has only been out for 2 weeks, I think this is normal. Last year there was already a 91 rated POTM Ronaldo which was too expensive for the majority of players to even bother looking at.

This period at the beginning and the end of UT are the best periods where everyone plays on a generally even playing field (beginning all gold cards and the end where every pack has a tots/toty etc)

I havent spoken to anyone who didnt struggle this weekend. And where I thought Thiago Silva was quality during rivals games, he got exposed so many times in champs so I was glad to get Militao as a replacement
I had the same issue, although as a team collectivley. During rivals I was defending well and scoring plenty then in champs everything went out of the window.

Currently playing a 5-2-3
Gk: Maignan (bought)
Rwb: Rttk Clauss (player pick rewards)
Cb: Marquinhos (packed)
Cb: Rttk Darmian (objective)
Cb: Upamencano (bought)
Lwb: Alphonso Davies (bought)
Cm: Kimmich + Magull (packed)
Rw: Hero Guily (Packed)
Lw: Season Baltimore
St: Osimhen (Packed)

Last edited:

gorky_utd

Changed my formation to 4321 and finally I am winning again. I think it is all about pass to your full backs, drag the opponent towards you and then a long ball to opposite full back. Pretty boring but effective combined with 71 depth and everything on balanced.

dannyrhinos89

Changed my formation to 4321 and finally I am winning again. I think it is all about pass to your full backs, drag the opponent towards you and then a long ball to opposite full back. Pretty boring but effective combined with 71 depth and everything on balanced.

Might try that as my team just seems to have stopped working a of a sudden.

EvilChuck

Just finished the moments thing for the 100k pack and packed Ferland Mendy. Fits nicely in the team, although it does mean I take out Joao Cancelo and switch IF Lamptey to rb.

Using a 433(2), current team is

GK Oblak
RB IF Lamptey
CB Rudiger
CB Eder Militao
LB Ferland Mendy

CDM Tchouameni
CM Llorente
CM De Bruyne

LW 85 Ansu Fati
RW RTTK Kudus
ST Evo Danjuma

Everyone except Oblak and Tchouameni are untradeables. I do have Toni Kroos untradeable as well which I was tempted to use in CDM, but Tchouameni is so OP with all of his playstyles

EvilChuck

Tradeable rewards from rivals d4, packed 82 fernando as my highest rated player....

Should have stuck to untradeables or taken the 20k coins option

dannyrhinos89

83 as my g=highest from rivals rewards

am I right in saying they’ve got rid of the seasonal milestones packs too for rivals?

I can’t see them anywhere.

EvilChuck

Had to play all 20 games today because of work commitments (played some this morning and finished the rest when i got home) finished 14-6, best pulls were Trent, Benzema, Musiala, Renard and the woman Chilean keeper from Lyon. About 100k total coins, and done most of the objectives for the TB Wilson too

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I see one error thats been in the game forever is the one where an Opposition GK wears the same colour shirt as the team you are playing with. This is in careers mode. Its amazing something so basic can be so wrong for so long.

EvilChuck

Just got into D3.... jesus its like people are playing a different game to me. Every game is like going for that final win in champs for the next rank :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had some CEX credit and don't have much time at the minute to sink into a game properly so ended up getting this to pick up when I have half an hour to an hour spare.

It's not bad for that purpose but you can see the lack of quality compared to previous editions in places and their commitment to UT. Surprisingly haven't ran into that many bugs. Just some little ones that were easy to fix.

Godfather

Playing offline mostly but it's now the third year in a row that I'm not able to defend properly. You don't get tthe player you want if you switch, timing tackles is a horror and offline you pretty much lose every 50-50 challenge.
I'm still able to win most of the games on world class but it's simply arcadey. Winning 6-3 or 5-3...
Does anyone have proper tips on how to actually defend in this game?

Skills

Snitch
Playing offline mostly but it's now the third year in a row that I'm not able to defend properly. You don't get tthe player you want if you switch, timing tackles is a horror and offline you pretty much lose every 50-50 challenge.
I'm still able to win most of the games on world class but it's simply arcadey. Winning 6-3 or 5-3...
Does anyone have proper tips on how to actually defend in this game?
Right stick switching

dannyrhinos89

83 sven botman from rivals rewards again. I've only had 1 walkout so far. The pack weight is laughably bad.

Also the game is completely broke as it literally has a game breaking glitch.

EvilChuck

Packed Kimmich untradrable from rivals, that was about it really.

Decided to try something different, away from a pacey striker and spent 60k on Harry Kane's gold card... he is unbelievable! 20 goals in 10 games in D3. Literally carrying me to D2. Get the ball to him either foot in the box and its a goal. His finishing is unreal

gorky_utd

I don't understand the pace in this game. Harry Kane and Bernardo Silva are always faster than other players.

LARulz

It still confuses me as to why EA have not added a match filter option on UT to play players who also use manual controls like they have in Seasons

Godfather

This fecking game... Finished my first season in carreer mode and even got the gold trophy for winning the CL yet somehow my save file is gone and randomly shows me a save file from 5 games ago. What the feck is happening. My trophy is still there though... Anyone else had this problem? Any way to solve this? It shows me the game is fully synchronized. How weird..