Music Ed Sheeran

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
There will always be people who now hate his music because it's popular. I bet if they walked past him busking in the underground or something they would say "this guys talented". But now he has 10 millions screaming girls at every show he's shite.
You'd lose that bet.

I have nothing against him, I can see his talent, I just think it's bland. I couldn't give a feck if he's popular or not though, that doesn't drive my opinion.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
.Rossi said:
We're going out on our first date
You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate
We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
And how your family is doing okay
Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like
Jesus, that's the lyrical equivalent of terrible observational 'comedy':
"You know how yer Mam used to say don't eat sweets before yer tea, yeah? Yeah?"
*audience nods, laughs*

FFS...

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Jesus, that's the lyrical equivalent of terrible observational 'comedy':
"You know how yer Mam used to say don't eat sweets before yer tea, yeah? Yeah?"
*audience nods, laughs*

FFS...
Simon Munnery summed it perfectly.

"Has anyone noticed something about anything ... Ever ?"

Peanut Butter

You'd lose that bet.

I have nothing against him, I can see his talent, I just think it's bland. I couldn't give a feck if he's popular or not though, that doesn't drive my opinion.
That's because his music IS bland.

Proper boring stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Has anyone heard his new song about going to a bar, meeting a girl, and getting dragged back to her place for a shag? Say what you want about him but at least his lyrics have variety to them.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I know how much you guys love Ed so thought I'd tip you off about this...

Ed Sheeran's biopic is coming, 'like Eminem's 8 Mile' but based in Ipswich

"I want to have an 8 Mile moment but 8 Mile meets Notting Hill," he told Q.

"Not gritty like Detroit but, like, Ipswich. I've got loads of songs about Ipswich that haven't come out so I could make a soundtrack."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...based-in-ipswich-ed-sheerans-biopic-is-coming

:lol: sounds genuinely like one of the worst ideas ever and no doubt it will get made.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
I read something on Facebook once called "the 10 most interesting facts about Ed Sheeran"...it was written by someone annoyed at people calling him boring. One of the facts was that his father was an art historian...literally the most boring fact I've ever read about anyone. Another was that he once stole a bottle of peri peri sauce from Nandos. If I did that I wouldn't tell anyone, because it's so pointless and uninteresting. You can get it in any shop for like a pound. He clearly isn't a very interesting person, which is probably partly why he can't write songs about interesting things.
:lol:

This is such a good thread

Robertd0803

Was looking at getting tickets for a present but its between €81 and €91 for a ticket to him in Cork. I think the only time Ive ever spent more money on a ticket to anything was to meet WWE Hall of Famer Edge in Miami at WrestleMania a few years ago. For the same price I got to meet him, get an autograph and a picture with him as well as entry to the rest of the show. For Ed Sheeran the same price will get me standing in a pitch with god only knows how many people about 70/80 yards from the stage at least. :confused::confused:

Tickets go on sale Saturday at 9am and there have been people queuing at the local Ticketmaster since Wednesday afternoon. Is this guy really that popular??

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Was looking at getting tickets for a present but its between €81 and €91 for a ticket to him in Cork. I think the only time Ive ever spent more money on a ticket to anything was to meet WWE Hall of Famer Edge in Miami at WrestleMania a few years ago. For the same price I got to meet him, get an autograph and a picture with him as well as entry to the rest of the show. For Ed Sheeran the same price will get me standing in a pitch with god only knows how many people about 70/80 yards from the stage at least. :confused::confused:

Tickets go on sale Saturday at 9am and there have been people queuing at the local Ticketmaster since Wednesday afternoon. Is this guy really that popular??
This doesn't fill me with confidence, i was hoping to buy a couple of tickets for Cardiff or London for my ex (don't ask) as an xmas present, but i was hoping to pay like £40 a ticket.

Robertd0803

This doesn't fill me with confidence, i was hoping to buy a couple of tickets for Cardiff or London for my ex (don't ask) as an xmas present, but i was hoping to pay like £40 a ticket.
If you were planning on buying from ticketmaster they have this rule in place for the Ed Sheeran concerts that the person that buys the ticket has to be the one to collect them with the same credit card used and photo id so pretty much prevents gifts unless you are going as well. (Ticketmaster put a statement up yesterday stating its at the request of Ed Sheeran and his party to prevent resales of the tickets).

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's because his music IS bland.

Proper boring stuff.
I know this was posted a few months ago, but I agree.

He has the same problem Adele has in that while he is incredibly talented he, just like Adele, chooses to apply that talent in the most boring and uninspiring way possible.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
If you were planning on buying from ticketmaster they have this rule in place for the Ed Sheeran concerts that the person that buys the ticket has to be the one to collect them with the same credit card used and photo id so pretty much prevents gifts unless you are going as well. (Ticketmaster put a statement up yesterday stating its at the request of Ed Sheeran and his party to prevent resales of the tickets).
I knew about this but i just assumed i could give my ex my cc to take with her and somehow get the tickets in her name?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He has the same problem Adele has in that while he is incredibly talented he, just like Adele, chooses to apply that talent in the most boring and uninspiring way possible.
You should add......"....and does so knowing that this is what the world wants which is why he is so incredibly successful."

He's young and might be at only the first stage of a long career that could see him use that talent in a more inspiring way (as far as you are concerned) in 5 or 10 years time.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ticketmaster said:
'All you need to know:

Ed and his team have a strict stance against anyone using secondary ticketing websites for profit. On this tour, any tickets that are resold will not be valid – this means no profit to touts and no one getting ripped off. On all the stadium dates you will be required to bring your tickets, booking confirmation and credit card, plus a valid form of ID or you will not be granted entry to the show.

For all people hoping to purchase tickets for any of the shows please note:

Tickets can be purchased with cash at the outlet or credit/debit card. If purchasing at an outlet you will be required to present ID. Please ensure the name on your ticket corresponds with your ID. You must retain your receipt in order to gain entry.

Tickets limited to 4 per purchase.
Under 18’s must be accompained by an adult 18+. This applies for both standing and seating. Parents/guardians intending to bring young children are advised to purchase seating tickets.

Prices: Dubin, Cork, Galway:
Standing (GA): €81.00 + service charge.
Seated: €91.00 + service charge.

Prices may change up until event goes on sale. Tickets go on sale Saturday 8 July at 9.00am. Available here at Ticketmaster Outlet Cork City, Merchants Quay Shopping Centre.'
"This ensures no one getting ripped off."

Hahahahahaha! You're a glorified busker who charges ninety quid a ticket, mate! Wind your neck in.

Robertd0803

I knew about this but i just assumed i could give my ex my cc to take with her and somehow get the tickets in her name?
No, because she will need the ID to match the credit card.

Only way around it I see is to buy tickets in cash at a ticketmaster outlet, but Im not even sure they do that anymore. Or if it will be even possible considering the demand.

Robertd0803

"This ensures no one getting ripped off."

Hahahahahaha! You're a glorified busker who charges ninety quid a ticket, mate! Wind your neck in.
Exactly, €91 euro and they say no one is getting ripped off. Laughable.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
What is all this rapping shit all about? Caught some of his Glastonbury performance and thought he was joking at first.

Acole9

Outstanding
What is all this rapping shit all about? Caught some of his Glastonbury performance and thought he was joking at first.
I know, it's embarrassing isn't it? He's been doing that nonsense since his first album.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I heard Galway Girl for the first time on the car radio the other day. I don't normally listen to stations that play any sort of chart music but was avoiding The Archers on Radio 4.

feck me what an inept pile of paddyfeckingwhackery that nonsense is. It sounded like a Reeves & Mortimer sketch.

No wonder the country is going down the toilet if the public are buying this in droves. In fact who buys this? What's the demographic here and what can be done to erase them?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
:lol: I genuinly dont understand how many of you can intensly loathe Ed Sheeran! I love his music personally, but the hate he is getting in this thread is amazing! Are you lot filled with like a more than average amount of hate in your body, and just have to funnel it towards anyone or anything in your every day? :D

On a general note, I dont really understand how people are able to generate such hatered for artists or entertainers in general?

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
:lol: I genuinly dont understand how many of you can intensly loathe Ed Sheeran! I love his music personally, but the hate he is getting in this thread is amazing! Are you lot filled with like a more than average amount of hate in your body, and just have to funnel it towards anyone or anything in your every day? :D

On a general note, I dont really understand how people are able to generate such hatered for artists or entertainers in general?
I don't hate him at all but on the same token i wouldn't rush to buy his album or anything.

It took me an hour and 25 minutes but i did manage to buy 2 tickets to see him at Wembley next year, i set the account up in my ex's name so i am hoping that she won't have any trouble getting in, everything is in her name except my credit card which i will just give to her to take.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You should add......"....and does so knowing that this is what the world wants which is why he is so incredibly successful."

He's young and might be at only the first stage of a long career that could see him use that talent in a more inspiring way (as far as you are concerned) in 5 or 10 years time.
He might release some good music at some point yes, it's a possibilty.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I don't think he's anywhere near as talented as Adele. Even if you hate her music you would be hard pressed to argue that Adele isn't a talented singer. Whereas Sheeran isn't a particularly talented singer (or rapper ). That leaves songwriting which, well.......

There's nothing undeniably talented about Sheeran at all.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I don't hate him at all but on the same token i wouldn't rush to buy his album or anything.

It took me an hour and 25 minutes but i did manage to buy 2 tickets to see him at Wembley next year, i set the account up in my ex's name so i am hoping that she won't have any trouble getting in, everything is in her name except my credit card which i will just give to her to take.
She'll be fine mate. They always describe the security as being tougher than it ever actually is to deter tours. If her name's on the ticket she'll have zero problem.

But are you not going to tell us why you're buying two gig tickets for your ex??!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's not really about talent is it? I have no trouble believing that he's talented. His music simply hurts my ears. Taste being subjective and all that.

Whiteside1985

You need to watch an hour of James Corden being "funny". Then you will understand how an "entertainer" can generate strong feelings of hate.

Classical Mechanic

Big year for the pop hobbit. Billboard biggest selling song of the year, billboard number one artist of the year, billboard Christmas number 1. Biggest selling artist in the uk + Christmas number 1 & 2 in the charts.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
All his songs are so forgettable to me. It's just not my cup of tea I guess.

Acole9

Outstanding
Some of the songs on the latest album are irritatingly catchy but I really don't get all the hype. Some of the lyrics to his songs are utter cringe like Galway Girl.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Some of the songs on the latest album are irritatingly catchy but I really don't get all the hype. Some of the lyrics to his songs are utter cringe like Galway Girl.
Why even call it Galway girl when that babe is anyway used.
I hate him all his songs sound the same and they are all bland.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He does a lot of crap tbh but songs like Perfect and Thinking Out Loud are really well crafted songs.
They're clearly his best songs and I think he'd say the same if asked. I don't believe he's fooling himself thinking he's some musical genius and his songs are masterpieces. He seems like a pretty chill, well-grounded bloke that's doing the best he can, which, as it happens, is a bunch of simple and catchy pop songs. Luckily for him that's what a lot of people happen to enjoy. I don't think any of that is a reason to criticize him. I've never seen him claim he's more than he is and take himself too seriously.

Classical Mechanic

They're clearly his best songs and I think he'd say the same if asked. I don't believe he's fooling himself thinking he's some musical genius and his songs are masterpieces. He seems like a pretty chill, well-grounded bloke that's doing the best he can, which, as it happens, is a bunch of simple and catchy pop songs. Luckily for him that's what a lot of people happen to enjoy. I don't think any of that is a reason to criticize him. I've never seen him claim he's more than he is and take himself too seriously.
I'm not much of a fan but I like to see him do well as being a short chubby ginger bloke he is an underdog in the shallow pop world.