Music Ed Sheeran

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
He's the English bieber, both are shit and listening to English radio stations through out the night would drive anyone mad, especially capital FM it's basically bieber and sheeran all night.

The worst thing i heard him do was trying to sing rap the fresh Prince song.

diarm

Sheeran is like the Ruud Van Nistelrooy of music. Yes he scores the vast majority of his goals from inside the box and the strikes you'd remember by Monday morning are few and far between.

But he hits the back of the net a feckton of times and to every person who says he's talentless or boring, I ask why everyone isn't out there doing what he does?

A 2 yard tap in isn't as romantic to the purist as a screamer from 30 yards or the culmination of a great team move, but they all count and while he's breaking records left, right and centre, there's obviously a place for Sheeran in music.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sheeran is like the Ruud Van Nistelrooy of music. Yes he scores the vast majority of his goals from inside the box and the strikes you'd remember by Monday morning are few and far between.

But he hits the back of the net a feckton of times and to every person who says he's talentless or boring, I ask why everyone isn't out there doing what he does?

A 2 yard tap in isn't as romantic to the purist as a screamer from 30 yards or the culmination of a great team move, but they all count and while he's breaking records left, right and centre, there's obviously a place for Sheeran in music.
All you need is the West Wing music playing in the background with Josh and CJ nodding in the corner, and I think you're onto a winner.

MDFC Manager

Ffs. Beautiful analogy :lol:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?

What's your answer then to those who say Status Quo and AC/DC are boring and talentless? Excuse my presumptuous stance, I don't mean any offence but, I'd guess you are one of those people perhaps? They've hit the back of the net a feckton of times too and broke records. Obviously a place for them in music. What's the difference?

The difference is, to a lot of people, their music is actually good and creditable. Where as, to a lot of people, Sheeran's is not.

A girl tried to tell me that she relates to Ed Sheeran's song, Galway Girl, because she plays the Tin Whistle and the girl in the song plays it too. The girl I know never has even attempted to play Tin Whistle. His lyrics?
We're going out on our first date
You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate
We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
And how your family is doing okay
Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like

Paul Simon he is not.

Some of us grew up and have had our lives influenced by music. It has been the main ingredient in our lives, our feelings, the situations and relationships we found ourselves in...This is what I find dislikeable about Ed Sheeran's music. It's not even relatable. It's not even a snobby thing, it's just utter rubbish. I loved Take That ffs. :D

I find merit in every genre of music and I can appreciate the effort and talent artists have, even if the song/music is not my thing.....But, I can't see it with his music

Last edited:

diarm

What's your answer then to those who say Status Quo and AC/DC are boring and talentless? Excuse my presumptuous stance, I don't mean any offence but, I'd guess you are one of those people perhaps? They've hit the back of the net a feckton of times too and broke records. Obviously a place for them in music. What's the difference?

The difference is, to a lot of people, their music is actually good and creditable. Where as, to a lot of people, Sheeran's is not.

A girl tried to tell me that she relates to Ed Sheeran's song, Galway Girl, because she plays the Tin Whistle and the girl in the song plays it too. The girl I know never has even attempted to play Tin Whistle. His lyrics?
We're going out on our first date
You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate
We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
And how your family is doing okay
Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like

Paul Simon he is not.

Some of us grew up and have had our lives influenced by music. It has been the main ingredient in our lives, our feelings, the situations and relationships we found ourselves in...This is what I find dislikeable about Ed Sheeran's music. It's not even relatable. It's not even a snobby thing, it's just utter rubbish. I loved Take That ffs. :D

I find merit in every genre of music and I can appreciate the effort and talent artists have, even if the song/music is not my thing.....But, I can't see it with his music
What? I wrote a light-hearted analogy about Ed Sheeran and Ruud Van Nistelrooy and somehow it led you to the conclusion that I think Status Quo or AC/DC are talentless and boring?

Ffs, I preferred you when you were writing other people's stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What? I wrote a light-hearted analogy about Ed Sheeran and Ruud Van Nistelrooy and somehow it led you to the conclusion that I think Status Quo or AC/DC are talentless and boring?

:lol: ouch

.Rossi

Two years and you people still get off on making a cheap laugh and put down?

Pathetic

diarm

Two years and you people still get off on making a cheap laugh and put down?

Pathetic
You fairly asked for it in fairness mate. I usually find that if I have to say "no offense" before making a totally baseless assumption, it's probably better left unsaid.

.Rossi

You fairly asked for it in fairness mate. I usually find that if I have to say "no offense" before making a totally baseless assumption, it's probably better left unsaid.
Yeah I asked to be insulted and made fun of over something that happened two years ago. Smart logic

Clearly you don't actually know how much that gets to me or upsets me. The mods don't anyways as they rubbed my nose in it for fecking ages.

Just f*ck off

diarm

Yeah I asked to be insulted and made fun of over something that happened two years ago. Smart logic

Clearly you don't actually know how much that gets to me or upsets me. The mods don't anyways as they rubbed my nose in it for fecking ages.

Just f*ck off
No I don't. Just like you have no idea how much i was insulted by your Status Quo jibe.

I was. I even wrote about it in my diary so i could remember later on and be upset about it again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Horrible analogy.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Just f*ck off
If it really bothers you that much then I'm genuinely sorry.

Moonred

Stormzy is that bugger who looked at the United billboard for that Adidas thingy during the summer isn't it? That's all I know of him.

izec

Never understood the hype. But i listen to hip hop and grime, but can still appreciate great artists and good rock bands. Ed Sheeran is massively overhyped and i cant stand his popularity among the younger crowd/girls.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you have good taste then Sheeran shouldn't bother you at all as the music he provides (and the factors that make it successful) are so far from what you enjoy as to nearly be a different form of entertainment entirely. Complaining about the quality of his music is like complaining about the quality of Home and Away's drama. Why would you expect anything else?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Just heard Galway Girl in the butchers as I was buying some ham (important information) Sounds like something David Brent would write in a pitch to the Irish tourist board in the late 90s.

He doesn't really bother me, but yeah, it's nothing music.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Just heard Galway Girl in the butchers as I was buying some ham (important information) Sounds like something David Brent would write in a pitch to the Irish tourist board in the late 90s.

He doesn't really bother me, but yeah, it's nothing music.
Dere's more to Ireland dan diss

SteveTheRed

There will always be people who now hate his music because it's popular. I bet if they walked past him busking in the underground or something they would say "this guys talented". But now he has 10 millions screaming girls at every show he's shite.

.Rossi

Christ... and some people consider U2 as shit music.
U2 have a chemistry and vibe and emotion. They aren't shit
There will always be people who now hate his music because it's popular. I bet if they walked past him busking in the underground or something they would say "this guys talented". But now he has 10 millions screaming girls at every show he's shite.
Yeah...Because I'd give a quid to some ginger guy, who sings pop, then goes out of nowhere into hip hop and rap, on the street.

I'd think he was off his face tbh