Ed Woodward's position - on top of the world?

Should Woodward be removed from his Role as CE of Manchester United?

• Yes - he should go

Votes: 200 58.1%
  • no - he deserves another chance.

Votes: 144 41.9%

• Total voters

anver

Shart stop
When SAF was the boss, he got who he wanted because he knew the value of his targets. The Glazers wouldn't dare question him.

Today, who decides how much we should bid for a particular target? The Glazers? Are they treading on hitherto No Go territory? Woody's first bids were ridiculously low. Such low bids can annoy a selling club. Is this a new formula for buying? We may never know what happened behind the scenes.

One thing is sure, Moyes has been led up the shit street.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But, he did not look foolish. This summer has been a kind of clown act.
I'm just saying it's not true that he always got his targets. I agree that we haven't looked this clueless before but that's down to woodward.

anver

Shart stop
Woody is an unknown quantity. A successful buyer is one who is well known, and has some experience in the game. A negotiator of commercial interests can do feckall when it comes to negotiating transfers. Wonder whether Woody knows the shape of a football.

"Despite the hundreds of millions of euros and the reputations at stake, the thousands of words expended and the amount of heat generated, the exclusive end of the European transfer market is still something of a cottage industry. Personal relationships are all, bluffs and double bluffs abound and there is little honour among thieves. Driving the market are a handful of so-called "super-agents" who sometimes give the impression that they are moving players around Europe in a real-life game of Risk, plotting their careers one or two lucrative moves hence." courtesy The Guardian.

NinjaFletch

It's a pretty hilarious example of toilet journalism. Doesn't explain why people are angry at him, despite the rubbish implication that its because he signed Fellaini after they cherry picked 3 quotes.

smallred

jesus that article is shocking. that lad who wrote it, doesnt deserve to be working for a paper, no matter how raggish it is.

anver

Shart stop
Well, I did not call him a clown, but in post# 323 I called this summer as a kind of clown act. :cool:

I was being kind to him.

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
:lol:

81000 views = 81000 pissed off united fans.

C.M.P

Who's this One Angry Fan bloke?

bosnian_red

This post basically sums up everything I'm thinking. Basically every deal that happened this summer has been a mess and been handled embarrassingly. There is simply no way anybody can defend Woodward, and he needs to be sacked right away before he can make our club look like any more of a joke. I imagine that Moyes will be absolutely fuming after today.

C.M.P

Your famous, you should demand payment per post

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
We were not disappointed with what we signed, as much as disappointed in what we didn't sign. There are a few Fellaini haters but that happens with every player. We have Rooney haters, we have had Ronaldo haters, Rio, Keane et al. Depending on what contract wrangles were being played out.

Anybody who doesn't think Fellaini is better than what we currently have in the middle (Carrick aside) is simply deluded.

This is decidedly unfair on Fellaini and shows what a "rag" the DS is.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Typical of the society we live in the guy is only just in his job for feck sake!

bigredmachine

Running smooth
We need to adopt a two in a box management model, where Woodward could handle the commercial side, and someone really competent deals with the actual football.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We need to adopt a two in a box management model, where Woodward could handle the commercial side, and someone really competent deals with the actual football.

This would make the most sense -- and possible since he is a Vice-Chairman in name only. Two vice-chairs is possible without Woody losing face.

StuCol

Chimp
Typical of the society we live in the guy is only just in his job for feck sake!
Regardless of that, surely the guy will have to answer for why he paid £4 million more than he had to for our only signing? It beggars belief.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Regardless of that, surely the guy will have to answer for why he paid £4 million more than he had to for our only signing? It beggars belief.
The only reason I can see is that he (or Moyes, rather - or the both of 'em) wanted Baines as well: They waited until the last to land a double deal. It was unwise, clearly. Everton weren't going to lose Baines for a pittance - and United simply weren't willing to pay what he turned out to cost. I think Woodward may have underestimated (literally) what price Everton woud put on the pair of them - and that he misread the situation on top of that: Everton weren't desperate to let their men go - and why would they be? The odd bit is that this - Everton's stance - must surely have been known to Moyes, who is no stranger to that club.

And you're right: He will have to answer for it. Much of the transfer goings-on this window is shrouded in mystery (the Fabragas saga, not least) and we don't know nearly enough to point the finger at Woody. But the Fellaini purchase is clear cut: We ended up overpaying for him, there's no doubt about it. It has to be recorded as a feck-up on Woody's part, it's very hard to see it any other way.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
The only reason I can see is that he (or Moyes, rather - or the both of 'em) wanted Baines as well: They waited until the last to land a double deal. It was unwise, clearly. Everton weren't going to lose Baines for a pittance - and United simply weren't willing to pay what he turned out to cost. I think Woodward may have underestimated (literally) what price Everton woud put on the pair of them - and that he misread the situation on top of that: Everton weren't desperate to let their men go - and why would they be? The odd bit is that this - Everton's stance - must surely have been known to Moyes, who is no stranger to that club.

And you're right: He will have to answer for it. Much of the transfer goings-on this window is shrouded in mystery (the Fabragas saga, not least) and we don't know nearly enough to point the finger at Woody. But the Fellaini purchase is clear cut: We ended up overpaying for him, there's no doubt about it. It has to be recorded as a feck-up on Woody's part, it's very hard to see it any other way.
It could, of course, be that Moyes had a gentleman's agreement with Everton about not utilizing the clause. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it's a theory.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It could, of course, be that Moyes had a gentleman's agreement with Everton about not utilizing the clause. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but it's a theory.
Yes, I suppose it's possible. What I find oddest, though, is that we kept going for a double deal involving Baines - one that had no chance of happening given the amounts we put on the table. One would think Moyes of all people would know that Everton weren't about to lose two of their best players in some kind of two-for-one bargain deal that they - Everton - had no reason whatsoever to even consider. There's something strange about the whole approach.