Eden Hazard 16/17 Performances

evil_geko

For all his talent, he is still a diving little wanker. Even more so than last time I've seen him play. Probably some of the Diego Costa tutoring there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't see Real or Barca going for him
Bayern wouldn't spend the money it would take either though I'm sure they'd love him
Wonder if he'd be tempted by PSG?

Francoruud

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard's a diver? I've heard it all now. The lad goes out of his way to stay up almost every time, especially when it would benefit us more if he went down. If you think Hazard's a diver, you don't watch him enough.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hazard's a diver? I've heard it all now. The lad goes out of his way to stay up almost every time, especially when it would benefit us more if he went down. If you think Hazard's a diver, you don't watch him enough.
:lol: There's a reason he has about a bazillion more 'fouls against' him - he definitely drops to the floor when he can.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Magnificent player really,it's amazing how good his balance is. Look at Ronaldo brushed off the ball easily while he is impossible to dispossess.

Kazi

I agree, I think he stays on his feet quite a bit considering how much he gets kicked

Mister_Stubbs

Went missing in the second half against ten men, got kicked around a bit and went in to hiding. As good a player he is, he will never be on the elite player level.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Went missing in the second half against ten men, got kicked around a bit and went in to hiding. As good a player he is, he will never be on the elite player level.
Not like him to coast by instead of taking games by the jugular!

Eddy_JukeZ

Think Real Madrid will be in for Hazard. Zidane loves him.

And they've not had a big signing in a while. Could see him leaving on a high. Kind of implied it already.

evil_geko

I've now read everything... :lol:

I know you are subjective, being Chelsea fan and all, but bloody hell...

The lad is born to play in Primera, with his silky legs.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

He doesn't dive, he invites fouls, and he's probably the best in the world at at. Watch back some replays, and you'll see it. He invites the defender in, steps away quicker than the defender can react and then the defender is left with a choice of either standing and watching him float past or desperately jabbing for the ball and risking giving the foul. People usually have a go, and give the foul. It's not a dishonest way to play football, no-one is forcing the player to foul him, and if the foul doesn't come in then he doesn't go down.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I dunno. Even when he's brilliant, i can't help but feel there's something missing...

Basically, he's pre -2012 Ribery

Francoruud

Supports
Chelsea
He doesn't dive, he invites fouls, and he's probably the best in the world at at. Watch back some replays, and you'll see it. He invites the defender in, steps away quicker than the defender can react and then the defender is left with a choice of either standing and watching him float past or desperately jabbing for the ball and risking giving the foul. People usually have a go, and give the foul. It's not a dishonest way to play football, no-one is forcing the player to foul him, and if the foul doesn't come in then he doesn't go down.
Also, he does this thing where while he's running, he deliberately runs in front of the path of the defender where the defender only has a split second to pull back, otherwise, he'll run into Hazard and bring him down. It's clever football.

I hope @Kentonio has answered you properly. And if his reply still doesn't satisfy you then I'm afraid I'm not the biased one here.

Womp

idiot
He's a level below the elite, still a great player mind, maybe the best in the league. Shows how far behind in quality our league is as imo he can't hold a candle to Neymar etc.

salford_

He's a level below the elite, still a great player mind, maybe the best in the league. Shows how far behind in quality our league is as imo he can't hold a candle to Neymar etc.
see i prefer him to neymar, quite comfortably. opinion of course

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Brilliant first half, was the main man for Chelsea's fluidity, link up play and directness despite being subjected to hacking tactics. Was quieter after the goal, but still did lots of good things for Chelsea's fluidity and contributed to build up from deeper areas.

evil_geko

Also, he does this thing where while he's running, he deliberately runs in front of the path of the defender where the defender only has a split second to pull back, otherwise, he'll run into Hazard and bring him down. It's clever football.

I hope @Kentonio has answered you properly. And if his reply still doesn't satisfy you then I'm afraid I'm not the biased one here.
"He doesn't dive, he invites fouls..." after reading that, rest of his reply lost all the credibility really, so no, it wouldn't satisfy even Hazard himself I'm afraid. Grasping at straws.

Again, great footballer, but a much more talented diver, he is on another level compared to other seasons too.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How does one come to the conclusion that Neymar is inferior to Hazard? Genuinely curious. Neymar outshines Hazard in pretty much everything. From international career to the CL, from big game performances to goal output, Neymar is simply better.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
"He doesn't dive, he invites fouls..." after reading that, rest of his reply lost all the credibility really, so no, it wouldn't satisfy even Hazard himself I'm afraid. Grasping at straws.

Again, great footballer, but a much more talented diver, he is on another level compared to other seasons too.
Maybe you should stop slating Hazard and rather turn your attention to the idiotic players who kick him. Why make contact constantly? Of course he's going to go down. Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez...nearly every world class player does the same thing. They feel contact, they go down.

As he showed numerous times today, particularly against Valencia, he tries to ride challenges and stay on his feet whenever possible. When an opponent is stupid enough to run through him from behind he's going to go down.

RooneyLegend

He gets kicked from here to Timbuktu and people moan about him hitting the deck. You couldn't make this up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How does one come to the conclusion that Neymar is inferior to Hazard? Genuinely curious. Neymar outshines Hazard in pretty much everything. From international career to the CL, from big game performances to goal output, Neymar is simply better.
Agreed. Just on a different level altogether

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine accusing Hazard of being a diver. Being a master of ball retention does not make you a diver. :lol:

Diving is what Costa does on the pitch. You rarely if ever see Hazard go down with no contact. If he was a diver he would've made an absolute meal of that blatant stamp by Rojo.

Womp

idiot
I genuinely can't think of a single thing Hazard is superior to Neymar at, maybe ball control? That being said, Neymar has the most successful dribbles in Europe consistently. Neymar is more talented than Hazard whilst also having that extra bit of mentality, Hazard seems too laidback at times.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He's a Top 5, maybe Top 10 player at worst. What do you mean he's a level below the elite? Messi level obviously but beyond that he's on the same ground as the remaining best.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a Top 5, maybe Top 10 player at worst. What do you mean he's a level below the elite? Messi level obviously but beyond that he's on the same ground as the remaining best.
He's really not. He's a level below neymar for sure, he's also at least half a level below suarez, lewandowski, higuain, in-form bale, robben, griezmann, muller and cristiano

AgentP

He was the difference between the two teams today. This is the kind of quality that's worth 90m. Not a dig at Pogba.

3KDré

Hazard is no diver. The guy gets the life kicked out of him every game and still gets up every time. FFS he tried to get specially made shinpads to protect him from all the kicking.

ForlansHair

His dribbling ability is about as good as Messi. There can be no higher compliment. Magnificent player, thoroughly unlikeable (and terrifying) if you are an opposition fan. No defender can truly control such players. I don't think he's a diver though. Maybe he does it once or twice but no more than the average player. Gets kicked all day and doesn't complain as much as others. Perhaps not quite as good as Neymar but I still think Hazard will win a Balon D'or at some point.
He doesn't score enough goals to win one. Surprised he's only 11 goals and 4 assists, only slightly better numbers than Zaha, worse than Mane

Seanus

He's very good. Better than Kante and more-deserving of the POTY award.
He has a great chance of getting the Football Writer's award but if he gets the player's player award I will be surprised-talent is undisputable but being a con man/borderline cheat will not go well with fellow pros.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard would look just as great at Barca as Neymar does. Looks unplayable here, can't imagine how he'd look playing off Messi, Suarez, and co.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Just saw that he had 99% pass success today (71/72). Considering how he was marked and where on the pitch he mostly plays, that's quite outrageous.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn't score enough goals to win one. Surprised he's only 11 goals and 4 assists, only slightly better numbers than Zaha, worse than Mane
Not a matter of scoring goals imho. He's just not consistently effective enough, and he lacks a standout performance in europe. Might just be that he's being held back by this chelsea team though. Would be interesting to see him on an offensive juggernaut like bayern munich

ForlansHair

Not a matter of scoring goals imho. He's just not consistently effective enough, and he lacks a standout performance in europe. Might just be that he's being held back by this chelsea team though. Would be interesting to see him on an offensive juggernaut like bayern munich
Surely effectiveness is goals and assists for a forward, as that's their man job? I agree, I don't think he's effective enough either. Had one great run, rest of the match he was nicely under control.

Womp

idiot
Hazard would look just as great at Barca as Neymar does. Looks unplayable here, can't imagine how he'd look playing off Messi, Suarez, and co.
He simply wouldn't. Neymar has consistently been Barca's best big game player, what he did at PSG a few games ago is something I would never expect Hazard to be able to do, to single-handedly get his team over the line in a clutch game with no time against a very good team in Europe. A game where funnily enough Messi and Suarez were very underwhelming.

Compare their performances with their national teams for proof of this too. Neymar is superior to Hazard at everything except maybe ball control.

As I said, very good player, on form maybe the best in the league, but a level below the elite.

Eddy_JukeZ

Neymar is definitely a level above him.

Has outperformed Hazard massively in the CL and Internationally. I don't think Hazard has anything over Neymar in ability either.

And I think Hazard's the best player in the Prem too.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
He simply wouldn't. Neymar has consistently been Barca's best big game player, what he did at PSG a few games ago is something I would never expect Hazard to be able to do, to single-handedly get his team over the line in a clutch game with no time against a very good team in Europe. A game where funnily enough Messi and Suarez were very underwhelming.

Compare their performances with their national teams for proof of this too. Neymar is superior to Hazard at everything except maybe ball control.

As I said, very good player, on form maybe the best in the league, but a level below the elite.
I guess I'll agree with this. Neymar is certainly more clutch.

In terms of pure footballing ability I still think they're at the same level. Neymar is just a cold blooded assasin when it comes to goal scoring. Hazard is more of a facilitator and it just isn't in his personality to be super aggressive and lethal.

Always say on the Chelsea forum I post on that Hazard should model his approach after Robben. He just needs that mentality where he always goes for the kill rather than passing it off. Large goal tallies are the only thing he's missing.

Also, how can he be the best player in the top overall league in the world and not be elite? He's world class. Any player who's better than Zlatan, Sanchez, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, etc has to be elite surely.