Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguson

What gives me encouragement is the bit that 3 offers and terms have been accepted, which should mean that it's not about money anymore. Therefore, with SAF and our history we should be the frontrunners.

Cock is slowly getting hard.
Exactly. He should have signed for City by now.

With Nasri, Aguero, Silva, Tevez etc etc at City, how is he going to develop?

We have space for him-Berbatov and Owen are leaving, Park and Giggs are squad players.

With Ronaldo we were competing and winning Champions League trophies. If Hazard becomes as good as his talent says he can be, then the wages and trophies will be his.

The difference between Hazard and Ozil/Sanchez/Neuer/Benzema is that those players weren't willing to come to England.

The difference between Hazard and Sneijder is that he represents value because of his youth and potential sell-on value in the future.

How much value do City get from paying overmuch for this player? In the past they had to pay extra to get top players to risk their careers at a club with no pedigree of success. And they had to take castoffs or malcontents like Tevez and Robinho.

Now City have a team full of world class players. They are no longer desperate, and they now have to ask how much spending money will actually improve their team. Now they have Silva, Nasri, and Aguero, so Hazard sits on the bench if he chooses them.

I actually am more worried about Chelsea than City. It's like when Sanchez went to Barca. What does one more player like that change about facing Barca or City? Not much. But put him on Chelsea, and they get younger and add a dimension to their team they are lacking. I think Hazard realizes how good an opportunity to play week in and week out Chelsea's offer is, and that has given him pause. Just imagine Torres with Hazard creating the assists alongside him.

Art

Art the artist

We have space for him-Berbatov and Owen are leaving, Park and Giggs are squad players.

With Ronaldo we were competing and winning Champions League trophies. If Hazard becomes as good as his talent says he can be, then the wages and trophies will be his.

The difference between Hazard and Ozil/Sanchez/Neuer/Benzema is that those players weren't willing to come to England.

The difference between Hazard and Sneijder is that he represents value because of his youth and potential sell-on value in the future.

How much value do City get from paying overmuch for this player? In the past they had to pay extra to get top players to risk their careers at a club with no pedigree of success. And they had to take castoffs or malcontents like Tevez and Robinho.

Now City have a team full of world class players. They are no longer desperate, and they now have to ask how much spending money will actually improve their team. Now they have Silva, Nasri, and Aguero, so Hazard sits on the bench if he chooses them.

I actually am more worried about Chelsea than City. It's like when Sanchez went to Barca. What does one more player like that change about facing Barca or City? Not much. But put him on Chelsea, and they get younger and add a dimension to their team they are lacking. I think Hazard realizes how good an opportunity to play week in and week out Chelsea's offer is, and that has given him pause. Just imagine Torres with Hazard creating the assists alongside him.
I like your post until the chelsea part. The good news is Chelsea are focusing their attention towards Lucas Moura and have already bid 32 million for him. And have acquired the services of Marin, Du Bryne and the already existent Mceachren,Lucas Piazon (who has been the FA youth player of the year I think),Lukakku and Gael Kakuta who is on loan.Next year will be a new revitalized young chelsea side and already possess substantial experience in the likes of Lampard, mata, Torres, Sturride to an extent. So the only team that can really make Hazard a true world beater is United. I'm not that excited anymore about this transfer because I think for some reason it is a done deal. Let's just hope I'm not wrong.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
So, getting onto the important stuff...

Are we still allowed to post stuff like the below in the United forum, with the obvious thread title, or is it a banning offence now? His name is just too good to turn down the opportunity!
Try this one (Disclaimer to cover my arse: this is not real, before anyone bans me :nervous:);

It's less obvious.

Brophs

The One and Only
So, getting onto the important stuff...

Are we still allowed to post stuff like the below in the United forum, with the obvious thread title, or is it a banning offence now? His name is just too good to turn down the opportunity!
It depends. If it's actually funny or adds something then it won't be a problem. If it's just one of those daft reaction gifs that add nothing then it will be removed. I think everyone is becoming tired of those rubbish gifs that seems to be infesting the footy forums at the moment. We'd like the forums to be irreverent but not a haven for feckwits.

SecondFig

Zen

The 3 deals being accepted doesn't necessarily mean it's not about money anymore. The 3 offers can be different, but the added money is only one pro, he's got to weigh the cons against the lower money for whoever else.

I'm gonna assume it's Chelsea at like 180k, City at like 165k and Utd at 150k......but his agent prolly smart enough to know that if he were to reach his potential, the major money from advertising and outside earnings comes from Utd. And that we are the ones most likely to give him his freedom, and a better chance should he struggle. I'm just saying the pros for us, probably pros for Chelsea and City too, but I don't care.

Cina

The 3 deals being accepted doesn't necessarily mean it's not about money anymore. The 3 offers can be different, but the added money is only one pro, he's got to weigh the cons against the lower money for whoever else.

I'm gonna assume it's Chelsea at like 180k, City at like 165k and Utd at 150k......but his agent prolly smart enough to know that if he were to reach his potential, the major money from advertising and outside earnings comes from Utd. And that we are the ones most likely to give him his freedom, and a better chance should he struggle. I'm just saying the pros for us, probably pros for Chelsea and City too, but I don't care.
No way we'd offer 150k, and it'd be mental to do so, making him our highest earner after Rooney?

City reportedly won't go over 110k either, and I doubt we'll go over 100k. Chelsea probably are offering the 180k because they've never given a shit about wages.

Rooney24

The gist is that, as they announced earlier, Hazard has decided to join United - rejecting the offer from City, and a late offer from Chelsea. There are only a few minor details left to iron out and he should sign on a five year deal in the next few days.
Cheers.

Im just feeding the muppetry really.

Personally I wont believe he has signed for us until I see him at a press conference beside Ferguson!

Siorac

Cheers.

Im just feeding the muppetry really.

Personally I wont believe he has signed for us until I see him at a press conference beside Ferguson!
In the shirt, on the pitch.

Remember Mikel, even a press conference means nothing.

I'm always right

Brophs

The One and Only
In the shirt, on the pitch.

Remember Mikel, even a press conference means nothing.
Personally I won't believe it until I see him wearing a United shirt. While he's playing for us. In a CL Final. In which he scores a hat trick. The last of which he scores with his arse. On which he has a United tattoo. And a small dolphin.

Revan

Assumptionman
:lol: There'd have to be a lot of us.

I reckon we've offered around the £80-90k mark. I'd say he deserves no more than Welbeck.
He was chosen 2 times as the best player in France, and it is one of 3-4 hottest prospects in the world, sure he deserves more.

Revan

Assumptionman
Personally I won't believe it until I see him wearing a United shirt. While he's playing for us. In a CL Final. In which he scores a hat trick. The last of which he scores with his arse. On which he has a United tattoo. And a small dolphin.
:lol::lol:

prateik

I think he's a bit overrated.

I havent seen him play, but no one other than Messi or Ronaldo deserves the kind of attention this kid is getting.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:lol: There'd have to be a lot of us.

I reckon we've offered around the £80-90k mark. I'd say he deserves no more than Welbeck.
I'd say you're wrong.

I think he's a bit overrated.

I havent seen him play, but no one other than Messi or Ronaldo deserves the kind of attention this kid is getting.
Something doesn't compute here

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford

so we are getting all excited and all getting our cocks out over a playe who couldnt get in city's team????

Ive never seen the lad play. ive seen highlight/clips of him but ive never watched him for 90 minutes once, never mind half a dozen times.

has anybody???

i seem to be out of the loop as i havent seen dortmund either.

where does everybody find the time to watch all these games?? also, which station actually broadcasts them??

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd say you're wrong.

Something doesn't compute here
Id say im not. He's no more talented than Welbeck and is far from guaranteed to be as big a success as Welbeck. Yeah he's done well in France, but so what. People one here are talking about making him our second highest earning player. They're not living in the real world. Hazard is not the finished article and shouldn't be paid as though he is.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
so we are getting all excited and all getting our cocks out over a playe who couldnt get in city's team????

Ive never seen the lad play. ive seen highlight/clips of him but ive never watched him for 90 minutes once, never mind half a dozen times.

has anybody???

i seem to be out of the loop as i havent seen dortmund either.

where does everybody find the time to watch all these games?? also, which station actually broadcasts them??
Can't answer the last part, but at this moment id say Nasri, Silva and Aguero are all better than Hazard.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Id say im not. He's no more talented than Welbeck and is far from guaranteed to be as big a success as Welbeck. Yeah he's done well in France, but so what. People one here are talking about making him our second highest earning player. They're not living in the real world. Hazard is not the finished article and shouldn't be paid as though he is.
Times have changed and whether he's truly more talented than Welbeck or not (I believe he is with a doubt but let's not take that into account) isn't what matters.He's a young foreign player with a big reputation, that alone will surely make him earn more than Welbeck.Whether he'll deserve that bigger wage is another debate but I have no doubt he will be paid more than Welbeck.
If it's to be paid like Welbeck, he wouldn't have left Lille at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
that is a mighty big thing to say, so you think welbeck would of won the ligue 1 BPOTY twice running? i dont think so...

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm no expert on him and I'm not going to claim to be, but from what I've seen of Hazard he certainly looks to be a more talented player, and there's certainly a reason why it looks like there are three clubs in for him who will pay a fee that will easily exceed £20m.

SecondFig

John Sinnott ‏@JohnSinnott said:
Clue here from Eden Hazard? @hazardeden10 petit entrainement avec les diables ce matin... ca fait plaisir
Translation of Hazard's tweet is (roughly) "little entertainment with the devils this morning - it was pleasing"

The Neviller

Considering, if the fees talked about are to be believed, he'd be our record signing, I'd imagine he'd be deserving of a wage to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.