Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Has Lille played yet?

Btw, who says L'Equippe are reliable? Is it a quote or pure speculation?

Siorac

Nonsense and corrected!!
Well, Latin players generally tend to be among the best in Europe... we don't really sign Germans but they hardly matter as for most of them Bayern are the pinnacle, for obvious reasons. With Dutch players it's 50-50, La Liga isn't much bigger (if at all) than the Premier League there.

Portuguese, French and - obviously - Spanish players, however, are always more likely to favour Barcelona or Madrid over us. The weather's better, the whole culture suits them more and these clubs pay better, too.

I'm always right

Well, Latin players generally tend to be among the best in Europe... we don't really sign Germans but they hardly matter as for most of them Bayern are the pinnacle, for obvious reasons. With Dutch players it's 50-50, La Liga isn't much bigger (if at all) than the Premier League there.

Portuguese, French and - obviously - Spanish players, however, are always more likely to favour Barcelona or Madrid over us. The weather's better, the whole culture suits them more and these clubs pay better, too.
Agreed.

I'd say it's 50/50 for players from Belgium. United/Liverpool are much bigger than Madrid/Barca in Scandinavia.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I go out for a few hours and all you miserable sods have gone all negative again.

Dion

8pm tomorrow :lol: not going to be played at the same time as the final is it haha.

twitter thread suggester
Geez, it's guys like you that gives transfer muppets a bad name.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
L'Equipe says he's going to Chelsea

Wouldn't be utterly unthinkable, seeing as he's always said he wants a secure spot in the starting 11

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
That means we have all day tomorrow to come into this thread, spunk ourselves silly, get negative for a bit, turn it back around and jizz ourselves with positivity and then get all down and depressed again, should be a fun day.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Honestly, I can't see Man Utd being his destination. And if anything it's not that bad for us because we're ok on the wings.

For me the priority needs to be at least one central midfielder and two full-backs

SATA said:
He would go there if Chelsea ends up tonight with no CL?
According to L'Equipe it would make no difference

L'Equipe is generally reliable but they've had their share of feck-ups through the years. I remember the headline "except for a thunderbolt, Ronaldinho will be a Man Utd player next week" days before he signed for Barcelona

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Totally disagree regarding full-backs, not a priority at all.
Evra gets injured next season, what do we do?

Phil Jones and Smalling are excellent players so they can play right-back, but if we want them to be world class at that position we need to give them a solid run of games there rather than rotating. Which isn't going to happen and would be a waste considering their ability down the middle

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Subtract Hazard and Kagawa and add Valencia and Young! My god we are spoiled already!!
Lawman, those dudes run on train tracks. They were a part of my Hernandez, W Keane, Young and Valencia 4-4-2 easy home game plan.

I'm always right

Evra gets injured next season, what do we do?

Phil Jones and Smalling are excellent players so they can play right-back, but if we want them to be world class at that position we need to give them a solid run of games there rather than rotating. Which isn't going to happen and would be a waste considering their ability down the middle
I'm still a huge Rafael fan. A couple of lapse moments for a young defender doesn't make him a bad player, Evans had it last year (much worse), Jones and Smalling have both had a lapse or 2 this season. Rafael will be a superb RB. Evans and Rafael can both fill in at LB.

I don't see full-backs as a priority, CM is priority.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I'm still a huge Rafael fan. A couple of lapse moments for a young defender doesn't make him a bad player, Evans had it last year (much worse), Jones and Smalling have both had a lapse or 2 this season. Rafael will be a superb RB. Evans and Rafael can both fill in at LB.

I don't see full-backs as a priority, CM is priority.
Sorry but my expectations of a Manchester United left-back are higher than Rafael or Evans filling in.

We better go for that top LB talent this summer because this issue will be pressing many clubs soon - Barcelona left without Abidal, Real Madrid disappointed with Coentrao, Chelsea over with A. Cole etc

I'm always right

Sorry but my expectations of a Manchester United left-back are higher than Rafael or Evans filling in.

We better go for that top LB talent this summer because this issue will be pressing many clubs soon - Barcelona left without Abidal, Real Madrid disappointed with Coentrao, Chelsea over with A. Cole etc
Evra will be playing.

Why buy a top-drawer LB when we have Evra now, 2 players more than capable of filling in (O'Shea did this for YEARS) and Fabio will have had a full season at a good club?

Depending on Fabio's loan, next summer may be the time to call LB a priority.

Siorac

But why two full-backs? We need a left-back but only after signing two central midfielders. Which we won't though, obviously.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I expect him to announce his desire to play in England, grin, wink then dance off into the distance, leaving the reporters as perplexed as ever. Though they may comment on the fact he picked his arse, indicating he'd like to goto the turd that is Citeh #mufc #mcfc #HSBC #MTV

[/rant]

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Here's the translation from the L'Equipe article. It's just another 'if we mention every possible transfer destination, then we can later claim we were right all along' routine:

The suspense over the future of Eden Hazard will end Sunday evening, the 38th and last day of the Championship. The choice announced by the Belgian of LOSC (21 years) may thwart predictions. He himself had said Monday he would sign "Manchester", and City seemed to hold the lead in front of United. But things have changed in recent days: Chelsea, who made ​​the best player in L1 a central goal, came back strong in the race. Reportedly, the current flows better with the Blues on contract details. His agent is back in London this Saturday to continue the discussion. Like Manchester, Chelsea is willing to pay 40 million euros for the transfer, the midfielder signed a lease for five years and pay him an annual salary of 10 million euros." Chelsea pounce for Hazard - read in L'Equipe on Saturday.

gulli_G

well if he had chose us, we would have told him to be quiet, looks like we're getting played to get City and Chelsea into a bidding war.

Status
Not open for further replies.