Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
L'Equipe says Eden Hazard will announce where he's playing next season after Lille's final league game tomorrow night. #MUFC #MCFC
This thread will come to an end tomorrow!

Woodzy

Isn't a bit odd that it's coming down to the player himself being the person to announce his own transfer?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Tomorrow we shall know the truth, money grabbing cnut? Or future United star?

Siorac

I think there is something to be said of this to be honest, if he had agreed to sign with us I think the first thing SAF would do is ask him to cut out the twitter spaculation.
He's been quiet on Twitter for a few days.

But I don't get why people are so desperate for us to sign him. We'd just use him as a winger in a 4-4-2 because that's what we do. Which isn't worth spanking 30 million on.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just reading through twitter and I'm seeing supporters of different clubs saying exactly what I'm thinking, that Hazard seems a bit of a twat and they wouldn't mind if someone else got him.

I think us, City, Chelsea or whoever is just going to be a stepping stone to one of the Spanish two in a few years.

acrebo

But I don't get why people are so desperate for us to sign him. We'd just use him as a winger in a 4-4-2 because that's what we do. Which isn't worth spanking 30 million on.
Didn't work too badly for Ronaldo.

KanieKaned

Although I don't doubt that we would invite them to OT at some point for a tour, the idea that in today's hyper connected world of smartphones with cameras and video capabilities, not a single person snapped a shot of either of them going to OT, suggests that its quite unlikely (although not impossible).
I'm pretty sure that in this day and age of media and smartphones the club has its own ways of keeping things out of the press. It wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to do. Staff at the club won't jeopardise their jobs so all you have to do is make sure nobody notices him being driven into the club in a big fancy car or anything.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff

Ah, well, I don't follow him but that's a positive I suppose.

He's a special player, he'd improve any side in the world and we'd probably employ in a Ronaldo type role, converting back to 4-3-3 which would be a good thing imo.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

He's a special player, he'd approve any side in the world and we'd probably employ in a Ronaldo type role, converting back to 4-3-3 which would be a good thing imo.
It would be a beautiful thing.

Nani, Hazard, Kagawa, Rooney and Welbeck are all suited to those fluid roles.

Siorac

He's a special player, he'd improve any side in the world and we'd probably employ in a Ronaldo type role, converting back to 4-3-3 which would be a good thing imo.
Yeah, I can't see us signing the necessary midfielders to make that work after spending in excess of 30M to get Hazard. Which is precisely my problem with this.

We might get Kagawa, that would be a good start as he'd give us some creative presence in the middle but we'd still need at least one proper CM. Which SAF is extremely reluctant to buy.

iSparky

Just reading through twitter and I'm seeing supporters of different clubs saying exactly what I'm thinking, that Hazard seems a bit of a twat and they wouldn't mind if someone else got him.

I think us, City, Chelsea or whoever is just going to be a stepping stone to one of the Spanish two in a few years.
Yep, had a browse on twitter there and many people saying he is a prick teasing cnut of the highest order and to be honest they are not that wrong

Leg-End

So does nobody else get the strong impression that Hazard is the type of person that will start engineering a move to Madrid or Barca in a couple of years?
Yes but thats the way football is these days, if we did sign him and 4-5 years down the line he fancies a move to them then a) it means he has been great b) we gonna get paid big again.

Hal9000

L'Equipe have been running with the Chelsea angle a whilst, every since the false "I'll be wearing blue" quotes.

If he's going to announce tomorrow, I think it's probably obvious why we've lost to City. Especially they invited him to the derby then spoke with him afterwards. Probably why Fergie and Phelen went to see Kagawa. We've lost out on Hazard and Kagawa is #2 choice.

pocco

loco
Yes but thats the way football is these days, if we did sign him and 4-5 years down the line he fancies a move to them then a) it means he has been great b) we gonna get paid big again.
No I don't think all footballers are like that. There are still many that would be happy to play here and not worry about making the next 'career move' to Spain. I get that impression with Kagawa.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not excited about the idea of us signing Hazard as it seems a bit cheap to get excited when he doesn't seem to want to play here in particular and because you just know he's going to be talking about his next step in a couple of years time.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I really want us to sign him now, I think its as much to do with stopping city getting him as much as it is about us signing him. Would love us to complete a move for him, kagawa and maybe left back competition for evra. That would leave us in a pretty strong position next season imo

iSparky

So does nobody else get the strong impression that Hazard is the type of person that will start engineering a move to Madrid or Barca in a couple of years?

EDIT: Just seen iSparky does.
I reckon he will come to england for a few seasons and then start professing his life long dream to play for either madrid or barca

I'm always right

EDIT: Just seen iSparky does.
For a lot of players, Manchester United are still the pinnacle. Ronaldo going to Madrid really has warped a lot of your minds into thinking every player wants to play for one of the big 2 in Spain.

pocco

loco
For a lot of players, Manchester United are still the pinnacle. Ronaldo going to Madrid really has warped a lot of your minds into thinking every player wants to play for one of the big 2 in Spain.
I've seen Hazard talking about Madrid in the past though and saying how he'd like to emulate Zidane and things like that. This is why I get this impression.

Siorac

For most continental players, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been, are and in all probability will be bigger than Manchester United. It's something we have to accept and we haven't done too badly regardless.

And at the moment they are better teams than us and are perceived to be much, much, much better so that plays a part, too.

kps88

If he really wanted to go to Spain it shouldn't be too hard to get a move right now. He doesn't need a stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.