g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

If we really want him(and if he ends scoring 30+ goals) we will offer him about 3 times that.

Every goal he scores this season will nudge him a little farther from Chelsea. Don't think their fans will complain if it ends in another PL title :D

(it won't though, because City)
:lol: Yeah, i'm not sure anyone actually working at the club would agree with that...

I still don't think he has the mentality needed to play at a club like Barcelona or Real Madrid, reckon he'd struggle with the pressure from the fans, the expectations after Ronaldo. He's at a club where there's little pressure on him, it suits him. By all means, could prove me wrong and show that the added pressure is something he thrives on, but the comments his father made about the lack of a "killer mentality" and him never performing two seasons in a row makes me think otherwise. Reckon he'll sign a pretty decent contract extension, making him one of the best paid players in the league.

You'll sign Pogba

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Yeah, i'm not sure anyone actually working at the club would agree with that...
That's what CR7 wanted(and ultimately we did offer him that, just too late), that's what we'd have to give to Neymar(and we really, really want Neymar). If Hazard's coming off a balon d'or worthy season and asks for that much, i don't see us turning him down.

meninred

You dont have to replace rolando. All you have to do is to makeup for his goals with 2 or 3 players.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
If only he was 3-4 years older and slightly on the wane. We would offer him the contract of a lifetime!

el3mel

What's this guy lol. Are they used to work that open about players leaving them at Chelsea ? :lol:

CA1

It's like us with De Gea, you have to just let him go.

Chelsea aren't going anywhere fast and Hazard has outgrown them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

What's this guy lol. Are they used to work that open about players leaving them at Chelsea ? :lol:
It's not that He wants to leave Chelsea, but if Real Madrid come in for him, He wants.

LoveFootball

Fergusson would have extracted the monster of player hidden in him. Ronaldo and Messi should considered themselves lucky to have met great managers early in their career. Very talented player who lack motivation to go up next level. He's undoubtedly the best player in the league when in form.

I think he'll get a new big contract and end his career at Chelsea.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will come down to how much Real Madrid want him and if they're prepared to pay, and who else is available. Looks very likely for the moment they'll get a new manager in the summer too. Other likely Real Madrid options are Neymar or Mbappe, Eriksen, they probably have some lesser known South American / Spanish players on there radar too. Can see a big summer for them and this will be a transitional season.

dbs235

Fergusson would have extracted the monster of player hidden in him. Ronaldo and Messi should considered themselves lucky to have met great managers early in their career. Very talented player who lack motivation to go up next level. He's undoubtedly the best player in the league when in form.

I think he'll get a new big contract and end his career at Chelsea.
Waste of a career, he's good enough to be in a team that makes the semi-finals of UCL every season.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Given he has a year I think Madrid will come in, they need an injection, hes not old or anything but if he had a long contract I don’t think there’s any way Madrid pay the money for him.

LoveFootball

Waste of a career, he's good enough to be in a team that makes the semi-finals of UCL every season.
Are you sure Madrid are going to replicate the exploit of the last 5 years? Don't forget they struggled in the CL between 2002-2010 failing to reach the 1/4 final for 6 consecutive years. Nobody can predict who'll dominate football the next years.

Anyway Chelsea are still a great club and if they don't mess thing by sacking Sarri, I can see them being among the club ho'll dominate football next years.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I really think that he will go this time, it looks like his affection towards Madrid is genuine and surely if that was just a money scheme, he would’ve signed a record-breaking deal already.

Hopefully we’ll be able to catch up with Chelsea at that point.

LoveFootball

He'll stay and sign a great contract with Chelsea. This is just another maneuver straight from the Ronaldo's book on how to get a big new contract by using a big club name. Usually when Madrid and Barcelona want a player, your hear their players and members' propaganda about that player, they'll talk nonsense on how X player is destined to play for them or the thing about the "DNA"; no one talks about Hazard from Madrid side, only Hazard talks about Madrid.

0le

He'll stay and sign a great contract with Chelsea. This is just another maneuver straight from the Ronaldo's book on how to get a big new contract by using a big club name. Usually when Madrid and Barcelona want a player, your hear their players and members' propaganda about that player, they'll talk nonsense on how X player is destined to play for them or the thing about the "DNA"; no one talks about Hazard from Madrid side, only Hazard talks about Madrid.
I agree with everything you wrote and I don't know why, but the bit in bold also made me chuckle.

el3mel

How much is this guy going to drool over Madrid every now and then to beg them coming for him ? It's ridiculous.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
This story comes up every season but he always end up staying at Chelsea. I was so sure he would leave for Real Madrid after the World Cup.

tomaldinho1

I've always thought he'd be perfect for Barca. I'd soil myself if I was facing a Hazard/Suarez/Messi front three as a defender.

AllezLesDiables

I've always thought he'd be perfect for Barca. I'd soil myself if I was facing a Hazard/Suarez/Messi front three as a defender.
This has been my thought as well. As good as Iniesta was, you put Hazard with Messi and it would be no contest.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
For some reason, I am very inclined to believe that Hazard's recent praise for Mourinho was an act to make amends with his potential 'future' boss.

Maybe he knows something we don't? Hoping that I am correct :D

Skills

Snitch
Aye, would have been as perfect a Neymar replacement as they’d have been able to find. Doubt chelsea would have sold, at that point though.
Not sure. What made Neymar so devastating in that attack was his movement off the ball for Messi's diagnol through balls. Hazard wants the ball to feet too much.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not sure. What made Neymar so devastating in that attack was his movement off the ball for Messi's diagnol through balls. Hazard wants the ball to feet too much.
Very good point. But Hazard could have complimented Messi’s creativity well - also getting Messi on the end to things, I think. But yeah, the Messi ball to Neymar/Alba is synonymous with Barca.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He'll stay at Chelsea, if he doesn't then Roman is not interrested in Chelsea anymore (the same way the Monaco's owner let them down).

I think Madrid were interrested but got quoted an insane fee and back tracked because they can't afford it, football is changing and Madrid don't have the advantages they had before because new players don't give a feck about the prestige of clubs (Neymar left Barca for PSG ffs) they are only interrested in money.
To avoid side tracking the Pogba thread.

I don't think because if his contract situation if he doesn't sign then Chelsea will probably be forced to sell him.. It was the same with Cortouis. He forced their hand.

And Neymar joined PSG because they obliterated the world transfer record. Even Barca were visibly shocked that someone had actually paid that fee.

LoveFootball

To avoid side tracking the Pogba thread.

I don't think because if his contract situation if he doesn't sign then Chelsea will probably be forced to sell him.. It was the same with Cortouis. He forced their hand.

And Neymar joined PSG because they obliterated the world transfer record. Even Barca were visibly shocked that someone had actually paid that fee.
In the last 3 seasons Madrid :

1) wanted Pogba, went to United,
2) wanted Mbappe, went to PSG,
3) they are not able to get Hazard from Chelsea and now are doing a Juventus by waiting his contract to expire and get him in a cheap.
4) weren't able to keep Ronaldo,
5) Barca lost a player they paid insane money and cheated to get to PSG. This would not be possible 10 years ago.

Hazard, like Martial is playing with their respective clubs to get a huge contract.
Courtois is just a cnut who didn't want to leave Spain for 1st.

Madrid are now buying very young players for relative big money because they can't compete financially with the like of PSG, City, United.

Cloud7

Hope he doesn’t go to Madrid. The league needs players like Hazard. They make the other games worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.