Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Real will always miss Ronaldo's goals but if they sign Lewandowski and Hazard they would still be a very scary team. Particularly because they have so much quality in midfield and defense too.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hazard literally took a season off for Chelsea and the English media didn't tear into him much nor did the majority of Chelsea fans.

If he did that at Real, he would be shipped off mid-way through the season.

There's far more pressure and scrutiny at Real.

Their fans booed Ronaldo at times....
Indeed. I remember Zidane talking about Ronaldo getting boos and he said (I googled this) "“I don't understand the jeers for Ronaldo but at the same time, I look at it and note that it even happened to me.” Bale also got some pretty rough treatment.

Hazard at Chelsea has it as easy as any top player is likely to get it in terms of pressure.

fellaini's barber

Respectfully I think you are out of your mind. The Madrid fans and media are ruthless as their standards are incredibly high. Hazard went missing often for us over the years and the fans never turned on him and he got no pressure at all from the media.

If he signs for Madrid for £120 million and has 3 bad games they'd be whistling and waving the white flags at him during the 4th.
They've whistled and waved at Bale, Ronaldo and everybody else. My point is that he'll be just one of their players, not the one being looked to to bring the goods. Same way Bale and Isco came ftom being Spurs and Malaga's best players to just another cog in the wheel at Madrid. The level of scrutiny of course will be more at Madrid I'm sure and he'll have to justify his price tag, but that personal burden of knowing that if you don't perform your team is fecked and the whole club and fans are looking up to you to lift the team will be less. Hell, they might even bench him once in a while for rotation purposes

YouOnlyLiveTwice

200m for Hazard and Courtois, would be a decent deal for both clubs. Hazard won't replace Ronaldo's goals of course, but he is a magician on the field in a different way.

Madrid should then go for a top quality forward like Salah. Keep Benzema for a year maybe, then go for Kane next year.

Edit: Sell Bale also.

duffer

Scout
They've whistled and waved at Bale, Ronaldo and everybody else. My point is that he'll be just one of their players, not the one being looked to to bring the goods. Same way Bale and Isco came ftom being Spurs and Malaga's best players to just another cog in the wheel at Madrid. The level of scrutiny of course will be more at Madrid I'm sure and he'll have to justify his price tag, but that personal burden of knowing that if you don't perform your team is fecked and the whole club and fans are looking up to you to lift the team will be less. Hell, they might even bench him once in a while for rotation purposes
Hazard has never shown any sign of being bothered by the pressure of being the best player in the side. He's pretty much been the main man for every side he has ever played in (even Belgium, where he gets a ton of criticism for being too greedy).

Will being a smaller fish in the biggest pond of them all suit him? Maybe, maybe not. I can't imagine he'll like the idea of ever being benched.

fellaini's barber

Look at Bale. At Madrid as a starter/one of the stars, you're judged by the most recent result/performance. Even if your team was winning if you're not playing well, you get booed.

You can say with the quality of teammates, your performance can be elevated higher when thing click. Pressure wise, it's one of the most cruelsome talent grinder
Booing is not a problem as they do that to everyone. If he plays as well as he played at Chelsea he'll be just fine. I remember Bale having some very poor games though. This is Madrid we're talking about, I won't be suprised if they rotate him with Isco and Ascensio

ColvaleGoa

200m for Hazard and Courtois, would be a decent deal for both clubs. Hazard won't replace Ronaldo's goals of course, but he is a magician on the field in a different way.

Madrid should then go for a top quality forward like Salah. Keep Benzema for a year maybe, then go for Kane next year.

Edit: Sell Bale also.

Wishadrid would think like you;)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It would be a great signing but I think he should be Bale's substitute

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
It would be a great signing but I think he should be Bale's substitute
I don't know about you but I hope Bale stays.

He looked amazing at the end of last season. If we can keep him fit he will tear it up, especially now that Ronaldo left.

fellaini's barber

Hazard has never shown any sign of being bothered by the pressure of being the best player in the side. He's pretty much been the main man for every side he has ever played in (even Belgium, where he gets a ton of criticism for being too greedy).

Will being a smaller fish in the biggest pond of them all suit him
? Maybe, maybe not. I can't imagine he'll like the idea of ever being benched.
Everybody Madrid signs at this point apart is a smaller fish in the biggest pond unless they sign Messi. He'll just have to deal with it, what's he going to do, leave? People seem to think Bale is having it really bad, the man is just coasting through his Madrid career, playing when he's fit, winning loads of trophies that's why he desperately doesn't want to leave. Hazard doesn't really need to do spectacularly more than he's done at Chelsea, plus he's surrounded by better players in a weaker league, i think he'll be grand

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know about you but I hope Bale stays.

He looked amazing at the end of last season. If we can keep him fit he will tear it up, especially now that Ronaldo left.
I want a position in the attack for Isco or Asensio. Purely because I want there to be some Spanish talent.
If Bale stays is to play, more competition when in the past there were many moments in which he deserved the bench.
One option I've heard is that Bale would be the striker.
If he is fit as the last months of last season would be perfect but personally I do not trust.
The list of injuries is too long. I would prefer to sell and bring someone else.

LoneStar

Don't know why most people are saying that he's Ronaldo's replacement. Madrid will surely buy him and another striker to effectively replace Ronaldo. So no, he doesn't need to score 40+ goals a season to be deemed a success.

This is great for all the fellow English clubs though, hope Real/Barca will go for Salah next year.

Nowhere near good enough to be Madrid's star man, he'll be in for a rude awakening if that's what he expects. Otherwise he'll fit well as one of the team and Chelsea will be seriously weakened without him. Hope he goes!

fd212

Supports
Liverpool
I hope he leaves Chelsea and goes there. He is no where near the impact player he thinks he is. He can have great games and then mediocre/awful games. Plus Chelsea will not sell him for him for cheap so it is a risk. If it can help bring a downfall for these Russian oligarchs then I'm all for it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Is Hazard's contract still up in 2020? If so, that's a huge value that could be lost if he's allowed to run it down (i.e. by making him unhappy with his request for a move to Madrid). Roman isn't exactly throwing money at Chelsea any more.

On that note, how many managers is Roman paying for or paying off in instalments right now? Mourinho, Conte, Sarri, anyone else? Rafa?

devil in me

Nowhere near good enough to be Madrid's star man, he'll be in for a rude awakening if that's what he expects. Otherwise he'll fit well as one of the team and Chelsea will be seriously weakened without him. Hope he goes!
He'd be their best player if he went there IMO. Fantastic player, and I'll actually miss watching him in the EPL. One of the few rival players I can say that about.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fare well in Premier league, it's almost a guarantee fare well in Spanish league: Modric, Bale, Ronaldo, Coutinho, RvN, McManaman, Beckham, Henry.
Also, Hazard would get more worldwide recognition if he join Madrid or Barca. Somehow that's how it works.

Fer

I can see Madrid signing Hazard and a striker to replace Ronaldo. The question is: Who would replace Hazard at Chelsea?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Madrid sign him you basically can't get the ball off them with the likes of Isco, Hazard and Modric all in one team. They'll need a finisher regardless but it would be an excellent signing. He's a fantastic footballer who will improve at Madrid IMO.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The main man doesn't have to be the goalscorer. If they get a good goalscorer in along with Bale staying, Hazard can be the main man pulling the strings.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
My prediction: (Ronaldo to Juve) > Sandro to PSG > Di Maria to Chelsea > Hazard to Real.

GazTheLegend

@duffer there’s a Chelsea fan at my work who tells me Hazards only good when the cameras are on him and that half the games he played in this season he was poor. Is that fair to say?

As you say earlier in the thread - there’s no way imo he’s anywhere near Ronaldo’s level - at least on a consistent basis

duffer

Scout
@duffer there’s a Chelsea fan at my work who tells me Hazards only good when the cameras are on him and that half the games he played in this season he was poor. Is that fair to say?
I don't agree with that. For a start the cameras are always on him and he's had as many (probably more) top performances againt less fashionable sides in random league games than in the really huge games against the big boys.

Hazard didn't have a great season but nobody at Chelsea did. The system did him no favours at all.

I think Messi and Ronaldo's inhuman consistency over the past decade has raised the bar to what is expected of great players. Hazard is a great player but just not that great.

Hazard is 28 in a few months so I understand him wanting to give Real Madrid a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.