Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Realistically, there isn't anyone who could properly replace Ronaldo, so I'm not sure why people keep bringing it up as a stick to beat Hazard with. Real are better off taking the more conventional approach and looking for a prolific striker to replace Benzema as well as getting Hazard. Not sure who, though. Dybala? Not a conventional CF, but Bale would provide the presence he may lack. Icardi's the only other name coming to mind as an available option.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If he leaves, that will seriously be the end of Chelsea for a while.

ti vu

Zouma? That'd be annoying. Or you must mean Giroud.

There's no other French players I would allow to leave.
They had a French CB, a French CF in place so you know what I meant...

Mister_Stubbs

He is irreplaceable without champions league football, please leave you horribly awesome footballer bastard.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Real will get him plus a top goalscorer. That’s the only chance they’ll have to replace Ronnie, and they’ll go for it. Tbh, they’ve probably had hazard locked down for a while, otherwise they’d never have let Ronaldo go

meninred

I read somwhere they are going to replace ronaldo with hazard and either kane or lendowski.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It annoys me when people bring up the "Will be replace Ronaldo's goals? He can barely score 20 goals in a season, let alone 50".

No one can replace Ronaldo's output, other than Messi and that's vice-versa.

You can't replace those players and I'm certain that won't be Madrid's aim.

They'll need to ration the goals more evenly next season, unless Bale will now take up the mantle now he's no longer in Ronaldo's shadow. He won't score Ronnie numbers, but he's perfectly capable of doubling his own output of he stays fit.

New striker who's more prolific than Benzema, with Hazard and Bale on either wings and Madrid may not really need to score as many goals as they've been doing with Ronaldo.

The season totals with Ronaldo are a luxury, not a norm.

fellaini's barber

Nobody is looking to sign him for a 'Ronaldo replacement'. That player does not exist. Not him, Neymar and Mbappe put together can he a Ronaldo replacement. Real are just signing another of the worlds best players. If they get Neymar or Mbappe too they'll be fine

Kapardin

Next tweet:
Sounds like he has some doubts regarding Sarri's ability to win trophies.

He will succeed at Real Madrid for sure, will probably double his goal tally in the La Liga. But he will never be the focal point of the Real team like Ronaldo was, I think if Real sign Hazard, they will also make another signing as he won't be enough.

fellaini's barber

Won't change much, he needs to step up individually
Honestly think players find things easier at Real, reduced responsibility, less individual pressure etc. When Chelsea where shit all fingers pointed to him, not the same case at Real

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Honestly think players find things easier at Real, reduced responsibility, less individual pressure etc. When Chelsea where shit all fingers pointed to him, not the same case at Real
Less pressure individually at Real Madrid than Chelsea? Absolutely no chance, especially going there as Ronaldo's replacement.

ti vu

Look at Bale. At Madrid as a starter/one of the stars, you're judged by the most recent result/performance. Even if your team was winning if you're not playing well, you get booed.

You can say with the quality of teammates, your performance can be elevated higher when thing click. Pressure wise, it's one of the most cruelsome talent grinder

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That is total nonsense. Less pressure and reduced responsibility playing for Real Madrid than Chelsea????? Really????!?

Seven Seas Sardines

Problem for him is that Isco is a very similar player and Lopetegui probably prefers his Spanish kids Isco, Asensio and Vazquez to compete with Bale and Benzema. Maybe we'd see them like this in a diamond:

Hazard - Bale
Isco
Kroos - Modric
Casemiro​

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Terrific news for Belgium NT's hopes in the next tournament if he signs for Madrid. Unless he'll have had a different transfer motivation by 2020,not solved beforehand.

Mister_Stubbs

Who do you think we could replace him with if we had Champions League football?
It would be just as difficult granted and I don’t think unless you sign the Messi, Ronaldo’s, Mbappe’s of this world you aren’t replacing him BUT without champions league you aren’t even getting the likes of Dembele and co as unlikely as they still are.

marktan

I think Madrid is one of the places were this transfer makes the least sense to, given that they already have Isco who has a very similar playing style (and end product). Can't play both so one of the two's going to end up dissapointed.

That said anything under £150m is a disgrace imo, if it's close to £100m then United should try and get in on the bidding too.

He'll be good for Madrid, hard for someone of his quality not to be, but imo Neymar or Mbappe would've been the better signings.

fellaini's barber

Less pressure individually at Real Madrid than Chelsea? Absolutely no chance, especially going there as Ronaldo's replacement.
Except they're not signing him as Ronaldo's replacement, they've wanted to sign him even when they had Ronaldo. Hazard was Chelsea's best player by a mile for the past 2 or 3 seasons, pretty much carried them sometimes and when they were poor everyone targeted him. He won't have that pressure at Madrid

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Brilliant player. Good enough for Real Madrid.

Only thing he may struggle with is the mentality he'll need in Madrid for constant goals and assists. Constant numbers and efficiency.

His talent is brilliant though, he's a wonderful player. A joy to watch. Chelsea have to let him leave so he can join a big club playing top level European football.
I think people have just invented that mentality because that's what Ronaldo has done. It's a really odd caricature of Madrid fans, managers etc. When they signed Zidane they didn't expect him to score like Raúl, or when they signed Kopa they didn't expect him to score like Puskás...they expected them to bring something entirely different to the table.

No-one will be expecting Hazard to score 50 goals a season, in the same way no-one expected Ronaldo to be the team's main creative threat. He's a wonderful player and he'd add something entirely unique to that team.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Bale? surely he'll go if Hazard goes to Madrid.
Hazard and Bale can easily play in the same team, Hazard is usually operating from the left, and Bale from the right anyway. Also different players with different qualities.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Madrid is one of the places were this transfer makes the least sense to, given that they already have Isco who has a very similar playing style (and end product). Can't play both so one of the two's going to end up dissapointed.

That said anything under £150m is a disgrace imo, if it's close to £100m then United should try and get in on the bidding too.

He'll be good for Madrid, hard for someone of his quality not to be, but imo Neymar or Mbappe would've been the better signings.
Who says we're going to stop at Hazard? I would be really surprised if we don't get a top class striker in.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Except they're not signing him as Ronaldo's replacement, they've wanted to sign him even when they had Ronaldo. Hazard was Chelsea's best player by a mile for the past 2 or 3 seasons, pretty much carried them sometimes and when they were poor everyone targeted him. He won't have that pressure at Madrid
Respectfully I think you are out of your mind. The Madrid fans and media are ruthless as their standards are incredibly high. Hazard went missing often for us over the years and the fans never turned on him and he got no pressure at all from the media.

If he signs for Madrid for £120 million and has 3 bad games they'd be whistling and waving the white flags at him during the 4th.

fellaini's barber

That is total nonsense. Less pressure and reduced responsibility playing for Real Madrid than Chelsea????? Really????!?
When Madrid are not playing well will everyone be blaming or pointing at him? Will the whole Madrid team be looking up to Hazard when the going gets tough like at Chelsea or Belgium? Will he be their best player by a mile at Madrid? If players like Bale and Isco can go there and become squad players who the hell is Hazard.

marktan

Who says we're going to stop at Hazard? I would be really surprised if we don't get a top class striker in.
I meant as a direct wide player, I'd rather have one of Neymar and Mbappe over Hazard. Both can dribble well, both score more goals.

On the issue of a top class striker, you could get someone like Kane in, but imo not many strikers are an improvement over Benzema's all round play. A front line of Hazard - Kane/Icardi - Bale / whoever's fit may be great, but could also not be.

Eddy_JukeZ

Hazard literally took a season off for Chelsea and the English media didn't tear into him much nor did the majority of Chelsea fans.

If he did that at Real, he would be shipped off mid-way through the season.

There's far more pressure and scrutiny at Real.

Their fans booed Ronaldo at times....

Status
Not open for further replies.