Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Of course, hes the sort of creative wide player that we haven't had since Ronaldo, and he's not as good, but still feel we are missing that. The sort of player that if you have him in your team, it can make up for deficiencies elsewhere.
Exactly. And our failings with Di Maria/Depay make it even worse.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
No, but it doesn't really matter what i think he should cost. I'm saying i don't believe the club will be willing to spend more than that
Are you happy with the club stopping to spend money on great players and watching them go somewhere else despite knowing that the club is full of money?

No big signing since James, missed out on Mbappe last season since the club didn’t want to pay him what he asked, Ronaldo left and now it seems likely that no Galactico will come in. Where’s all the money going?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Are you happy with the club stopping to spend money on great players and watching them go somewhere else despite knowing that the club is full of money?
As long as we keep winning Champions Leagues I couldn't care less even if we fielded the tea lady and Florentino himself.

Eleven-Eighteen

It's a little sad to see everyone on this thread going "Hazard kind of sucks. And isn't good enough for Madrid. But we're really happy to see him go because United wasn't good enough to handle him"

Not sad because i disagree.

Sad because it tells you where United is relative to where we should be

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
As long as we keep winning Champions Leagues I couldn't care less even if we fielded the tea lady and Florentino himself.
If Perez keeps doing what he’s been doing then it might just come to that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

No big signing since James, missed out on Mbappe last season since the club didn’t want to pay him what he asked, Ronaldo left and now it seems likely that no Galactico will come in. Where’s all the money going?
They spent 120 in Vinicius +Rodrygo,13 in Lunin,40 in Odriozola and probably 35 in Courtois.
If he signs Hazard + a decent striker would 250 m more.
Besides he wants to rebuild the Bernabéu even without sponsor.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
They spent 120 in Vinicius +Rodrygo,13 in Lunin,40 in Odriozola and probably 35 in Courtois.
If he signs Hazard + a decent striker would 250 m more.
Besides he wants to rebuild the Bernabéu even without sponsor.
I know where the money is going, it was rhetorical. The question is how many propects will be bought while the best players go elsewhere.

Maybe Perez is some kind of genius for spending 120 million on Vinicius and Rodrygo plus I don’t know how many million on the likes of Vallejo, Theo Hernandez, Odriozola and Llorente while not getting Mbappe because he was asking for a couple of million more than what he was willing to pay...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As juanma rodriguez would say, we'd still win the CL and the tea lady would win the balon d'or

macheda14

Typical penny pinching by us during this period. The debt probably had a lot to do with it.
No it was Fergie's hatred of agents - he wouldn't authorise such large agent fees, because he saw them as the scourge of the earth. One of his faults was not adapting to their growing influence on football and just playing the game, paying them what was needed.

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
If I were a madridista I would be pretty happy signing Hazard + a striker (Cavani would be great, I think he would fit Lopetegui's style really well, using him as he used Diego Costa in the national team, he would work like a beast, and maybe some kind of swap could be done with Benzema, being french and so, who knows). It's the moment for Bale, and anyone who has seen Bale carrying the team on his shoulders when at some point Ronaldo was injuried would agree with this, he did it massively well. It's his time to shine (if he stays fit). I wouldn't take him as dead yet. Odriozola is the best spanish right back prospect, and one of the best last season spanish wonderkids, so it's a good signing, but he still needs to improve his defending skills. Courtois is great and for that price even more, but I feel sorry for Keylor, the poor fella, he's such a nice guy always praying and talking about God and never saying a bad word, so everyone takes him for a fool. Then you have the brazilian kids, if any of them remain this season at the club they should have more chances to develop under Lopetegui than under any other coach Madrid has had. It has been said today too that Lopetegui wants to keep Ceballos and Llorente in the pre-season, that's interesting, I rate both, even when many madridistas don't, Ceballos is quality and I think Llorente has potential, he did exceptionally well at Alavés. And Asensio should take a step forward.

Sure I would sign Mbappé, but that's impossible, right now is a national treasure for France, he will stay there becoming the french of the decade. And I wouldn't sign Neymar even for free. Can you imagine him in Madrid and leaving in the middle of the season to celebrate his sister's birthday in Brazil, while Pedrerol and the rest of pro-Florentino's journalists protect him and the anti-Florentino journalist brigade attack him? :houllier::lol: We all know it would be a massive toxic situation.

Le Red

It's laughable how some people think it would be good for Hazard to go for Madrid to weaken Chelsea, given they were the least of our problems in the last season.
If your rivals are shit, you won't make a lot of effort to improve yourself. It's good that other PL teams are strong because eventually the heads are going to realize they have to build a top squad if they don't want to lag behind, which we already are, but some people don't want to see it because "duuuur we finished 2nd".

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's laughable how some people think it would be good for Hazard to go for Madrid to weaken Chelsea, given they were the least of our problems in the last season.
If your rivals are shit, you won't make a lot of effort to improve yourself. It's good that other PL teams are strong because eventually the heads are going to realize they have to build a top squad if they don't want to lag behind, which we already are, but some people don't want to see it because "duuuur we finished 2nd".
Agree with what you say about Chelsea in one way, but you only have to look at how they have always bounced back almost immediately after a manager change. Their ruthleness is laughed at, but it's kept the trophies flowing.

It'd be great to see the back of Hazard. It's so frustrating watching him sitting on the floor having felt a light touch 30 times a game versus us.

Le Red

Agree with what you say about Chelsea in one way, but you only have to look at how they have always bounced back almost immediately after a manager change. Their ruthleness is laughed at, but it's kept the trophies flowing.

It'd be great to see the back of Hazard. It's so frustrating watching him sitting on the floor having felt a light touch 30 times a game versus us.
Well, I'm as big a Premier League fan as I am of Manchester United, and I hate to see the talent leave the league and swarm around Spain and München.
Also, the inflow and retaining of top players draw more top players. In the long term, that's a win-win, since I believe MUFC will eventually get the upper hand again.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
What the hell are you talking about?

Eden Hazard was literally all that stopped is winning the FA Cup last season.

He’s an outstanding player. Beyond anything we could realistically sign, to suggest him leaving is anything but a good thing is absurd.

Le Red

He’s an outstanding player. Beyond anything we could realistically sign, to suggest him leaving is anything but a good thing is absurd.
I'd rather win the FA Cup or whatever silverware by becoming better than Chelsea, not by them becoming worst. We won't beat Manchester City just if Chelsea becomes worse, nor we will avoid being the current joke of the Champions League.

Mohamed Salah

Supports
Merseyside Red FC
Well, I'm as big a Premier League fan as I am of Manchester United, and I hate to see the talent leave the league and swarm around Spain and München.
Also, the inflow and retaining of top players draw more top players. In the long term, that's a win-win, since I believe MUFC will eventually get the upper hand again.
I do not mean to be rude but I seriously do not understand this? Why would you care if your rivals have the best players in the world? I would not mind Chelsea selling Kante, Hazard and Courtois as it will reduce the chance of Chelsea competing with my team. Or Spurs selling Kane, Eriksen and Lloris, Man City selling Aquero, Silva and KDB. You get what I mean? As long as my team wins multiple titles and compete yearly in the UCL. Atletico Madrid had a very bad patch at the start of last season but they still manage to finish second. Chelsea had a bad stretch of form and they did not make it to the UCL this year.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Ive had this sneaking suspicion for a few weeks now that we are after him but I cant figure out how we would swing it.
No chance Utd sign him. He fell out with Mourinho during his last season at Chelsea. Also Madrid is a much bigger pull than Utd at this stage, especially with a vacant position at LW.

Madrid is his destiny. It is bound to happen:drool:

Unless he stays at Chelsea. Then he will have to do with roasting Phil Jones a few times a year. Ah well.

stepic

I do not mean to be rude but I seriously do not understand this? Why would you care if your rivals have the best players in the world? I would not mind Chelsea selling Kante, Hazard and Courtois as it will reduce the chance of Chelsea competing with my team. Or Spurs selling Kane, Eriksen and Lloris, Man City selling Aquero, Silva and KDB. You get what I mean? As long as my team wins multiple titles and compete yearly in the UCL. Atletico Madrid had a very bad patch at the start of last season but they still manage to finish second. Chelsea had a bad stretch of form and they did not make it to the UCL this year.
He expressed why. It’s the equivalent of a squad having healthy competition making the best players perform better, or no competition and the best players just coasting through a season.

That being said, after being the victims of Madrid raids in the past, happy for them to take Hazard.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Would love him here, but he fell out with Jose so don’t think it will happen.

A-man

I agree with this. When top players leave a league, it weakens the league and its attraction and positions PL behind La Liga. He is a fantastic player and really showed his skills in the WC. One of the top 3 players in WC imo.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
I'd rather win the FA Cup or whatever silverware by becoming better than Chelsea, not by them becoming worst. We won't beat Manchester City just if Chelsea becomes worse, nor we will avoid being the current joke of the Champions League.
That’s really not how football works. We can’t get a Hazard, he’s an unattainable player for any club outside of Spain or Paris including us. Obviously I want us to get stronger but we’re not getting Hazard or a player of his ilk so it’s damn better off to see him elsewhere. You’re talking utter nonsense.

Patrick08

That’s really not how football works. We can’t get a Hazard, he’s an unattainable player for any club outside of Spain or Paris including us. Obviously I want us to get stronger but we’re not getting Hazard or a player of his ilk so it’s damn better off to see him elsewhere. You’re talking utter nonsense.
Don't we have Sanchez?

Miscemayl

Is Hazard really that good or is Jones just shit?

We contained him fairly well, just a moment of Jones did it for them.

Absolutely don't want him here because we already have enough Martial articles without adding another LW. If Sanchez isn't good enough, Hazard won't do much better to justify benching Martial

Le Red

What you saying will not happen. Spurs, Man. City, Chelsea, Liverpool either have established or are trying to establish themselves as mainstays in the fight for the domestic and European titles. If you expect that we are going to beat them indirectly by means of rich clubs dismatling their squads, you are dreaming.
Even if your dream came true, we'd only manage to win domestic titles in a boring fashion anyway, in PSG/BM style.

The way I see it, that's exactly how football works. We can't buy the Hazard, but we can buy a Hazard. A lot of talents are about to bloom and mature every season and we certainly have the financial means and the magnitude to sign those.
When Man. City first started their new phase, they were in a much less favourable market position than us, because they had the cash but not the status. They had to settle for Adebayor and SWP, then Robinho, then Tevez, then Aguero and so on... They have always tried to one up their previous transfers and gradually became the fearsome team we know today.
What I see as nonsense is speaking of Hazard as if he could win the league alone and tear us a new one all the time. Like the Survivor song, one must rise up to the challenge of his rival. At least that's how a winner thinks, and it concerns me that after the last few seasons a loser mentality has settled in here. You can see that by the amount of people confortably numb with our 2nd place.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea

People like you only see the short term view while people like “Le Red” truly get the picture. I’m a chelsea fan so obviously want him to stay but wanting him to leave so he doesn’t “beat your team” is so small time. The greatest manager ever SAF said that the mid 00’s Chelsea team forced him to work that much harder on improving the quality of the United team. When a team in a league starts to pull ahead, it forces the other quality teams to raise their own level. Surely that can only be to the betterment of your own team?

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
The more I think about it, the more I’m certain Hazard will not leave this season. That is primarily because Chelsea will not be playing Champions League next season so the club will be intent on keeping him to help us qualify. If we wait until next summer to sell him he will still likely go for at “least” 70-80M because even with less than a year left on his deal Hazard will have many suitors competing for his signature, not just Madrid, which will drive his price up. Basically, Hazard, for this one season at least, is worth more to Chelsea than anything Madrid is willing to pay for him right now. His presence in the team for the 2018-2019 season is of greater value than the additional funds we’d receive from his sale.

Cliche Guevara

People like you only see the short term view while people like “Le Red” truly get the picture. I’m a chelsea fan so obviously want him to stay but wanting him to leave so he doesn’t “beat your team” is so small time. The greatest manager ever SAF said that the mid 00’s Chelsea team forced him to work that much harder on improving the quality of the United team. When a team in a league starts to pull ahead, it forces the other quality teams to raise their own level. Surely that can only be to the betterment of your own team?
This is a crazy view! I seriously wonder about some fans these days.

Maybe after your team has won three or four in a row, but opposition sides having quality you’re struggling to match is nothing to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.