Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He could've done a Courtois (not turned up to training) and we'd have accepted far less than 250 million.

I don't think Madrid or Barca were that interested in all honesty.
Agree Madrid have Isco who is pretty similar and Spanish. Fairly sure they'll go for Neymar too when he gets bored in Paris.

Wondering if Hazard will get a release clause either verbal or written in his new contract. He clearly wants to go to Madrid, eventually.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why would Eden want to go to Real Madrid next summer? I'm sure he'll enjoy time here with Sarri. Next summer he is 28 and a half years old, I just don't see Real going for him. And by end of the season we'll be much better team then Real so...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Trizy

Straight swap for Sanchez. Alexis is world class, I promise :nervous:

charlenefan

What is it with Madrid shying away from new world record deals? They can't impossibly have money problems considering they barely spent any money the last couple of years.
Madrid would need to double the amount they paid for Ronaldo/Bale to land a big name signing now, that's the type of money only PSG have spent so you can see why everyone (not just Madrid) are reluctant

Even spending the type of money Liverpool (75m on VVD) and Barca (150m for Coutinho) have spent wouldn't be enough to land Hazard

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Any chance we can go for him next season if we get Zidane as manager since Zidane is a big fan of his and he also respects Zidane . I know wishful thinking but if he is not interested in staying at Chelsea and if Real have other priorities then maybe we can take try for him .
Yeah no chance whatsoever, Roman would basically have to leave the club if we sold Hazard to you

Mcking

Fantastic player. Probably has the highest ceiling of every player in the EPL. Would drive half of our team to London if there's even any remote chance of getting him.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I wish players spoke about United the way they do about “dream club” Real. They used to, but we were too cheap to fully capitalise on that attraction back then.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Clubs should really start putting gag clauses in players contracts, half these divas these days have no tact.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
I Don’t mind him coming out and speaking on this again because he’s always respectful towards the club and has never kicked up a fuss.

I’m positive what will happen is he will sign a new contract with an agreement that if Real come in with a proper bid worthy of his talents we will allow him to speak to them.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/08/eden-hazard-chelsea-contract-real-madrid-dream
“I don’t want that,” Hazard said. “I want what’s good for me but I want what’s good for the club because the club has given me everything. I don’t want to say: ‘Yes, I am signing a new contract,’ and then in the end I don’t end up signing. So I will see. Sometimes in my head, I wake up in the morning and think I want to go. Sometimes I think I want to stay. It is a hard decision. It is my future. I am 27 and I will turn 28 in January.”
“That’s why I spoke after the World Cup and I said that I think it is time to change because I played a great World Cup,” he said. “I am really in the game, I am playing good football at the moment. Real Madrid is the best club in the world. I don’t want to lie today. It is my dream since I was a kid. I was dreaming about this club. We will see. I don’t want to talk about this every day. I don’t have time but we will talk about my future soon. I think so.”
Bit different read then what the AS article implies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do Chelsea fans think that we have some option in the winter market?
I guess that in summer Madrid did a good offer that was rejected, probably because Hazard was more important than the money,so I'd say that in winter will be the same.
Could a transfer request change the situation?

charlenefan

I can only imagine he's already spoken with Madrid otherwise that's a whole lot of assumptions from Hazard that Madrid even want him

Personally I think he'll sign a new contract though I hope he does go because it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea replace him

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s probably the best player in the world who I can’t remember watching. I know he’s their danger man and a very good player, but I can’t remember anything about anything he’s ever done.

Vernon Philander

He’s probably the best player in the world who I can’t remember watching. I know he’s their danger man and a very good player, but I can’t remember anything about anything he’s ever done.
Watch what he did at Anfield week ago Carabao cup. That'll tell you all you need to know.

2 man midfield

Watch what he did at Anfield week ago Carabao cup. That'll tell you all you need to know.
I guess we’ll see him again in 6 months time.

EDIT: I just remembered who we’ve got after the international break. Forget I opened my mouth.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I guess we’ll see him again in 6 months time.

EDIT: I just remembered who we’ve got after the international break. Forget I opened my mouth.
Or the next game at home vs the scouse. Tbf hes kicked up to that elite level since cup final day last season and not looked back. Top scorer so far this season.

2 man midfield

Or the next game at home vs the scouse. Tbf hes kicked up to that elite level since cup final day last season and not looked back. Top scorer so far this season.
Actually haven’t watched you guys so
far this season, or anyone else for that matter. But 7 goals in 8 so far is very impressive. He looks on course for his best season yet. That’s quite the step up as you say.

Zlatattack

Rate him for being open about it. If he wants to go and RM want him, they should do a deal in the summer. Hazard has been a delight to watch in the EPL.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
He’s been great these last six months; absolutely world class.

Madrid do look they need a spark in the final third but I can’t see him leaving in Jan.

Will undoughtly weaken one of our rivals, I think he will decide in his heart what he wants I’m sure both club will pay him in the 250-350k range.

PoTMS

Feck me, if our best player in De Gea said this, it'd be a dagger through the heart. Why the hell is he still here? Thank feck for the fax machine.

Skills

Snitch
Would be great if Chelsea lose him for dirt cheap. They've been so jammy with some of the transfer fees they've got, it would be sweet to balance that out.

Smores

Just no need for it really is there. Must have a pre-agreement and the PR starting

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Sounds like he will leave for Madrid next summer.

They’ll get a good fee but this will be a huge blow to Chelsea. Players of his level are extremely difficult to replace and their offense is particularly reliant on his creativity and goal scoring ability from the wing.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Can't say no to him on a free transfer, final offer: 50M.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea deal with this. When Henry expressed a desire to leave for Barcelona he was allowed to leave for comparative peanuts because he had been a great servant to the club till then. I think thats the position Chelsea will also take, as long as they get around 80m for him. The ball is in Real Madrid's court really, Hazard has made no secret of his desire to move.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's got a strange obsession with Real Madrid. I mean, did he grow up as a hardcore Madrid support or something? It's one thing to admire a club and another to bleat on about it this much.

Despite having won a lot at Chelsea I think the one regret (so far) I'd have if I was him was not being part of a top class attacking team. We've never seen him part of a Madrid, Barca, PSG or Bayern type team that is very dominant in their play. Or even a Liverpool or City where attackers are stocked with options. At Chelsea he's always been the attack, sometimes with a partner in crime like Costa, but it is largely him, surrounded by players like Willian and Pedro who are never going to be top class.

el3mel

He can't stop flirting with Madrid from time to time. It's like begging them to make a move for him. Ridiculous.

Devil81

This nonsense about growing up a Madrid supporter, I'm sorry but he may have admired them but we all know that's bullshit to try and justify leaving.

It would be very easy for any of us to say we've dreamt about playing for Madrid or Barca because in all honesty, who wouldn't.

Fantastic player when he want's to be but I don't like how he downs tools if he doesn't like how things are going for him.

Kapardin

Sounds like he will leave for Madrid next summer.

They’ll get a good fee but this will be a huge blow to Chelsea. Players of his level are extremely difficult to replace and their offense is particularly reliant on his creativity and goal scoring ability from the wing.
January is a possibility if Chelsea aren't competing for the title. Madrid really missed a trick in not signing Icardi or Hazard considering how Barca are also dropping points in the league. I reckon if they are in the thick of it, they could come for Hazard sooner than we think.

Ahsan_6386

Hazard has been literally begging Real to make a bid since last year . I believe they tried for him this year but were quoted exhorbitant prices hence they waited out this summer.

Now watch Real swoop in and buy Hazard and Erikssen for cheap next summer . They are adequate replacements for Ronaldo and Modric . Next summer both will be in the last year of their contracts and Real will buy them for low prices .

RoyH1

I don't think Chelsea will sell him cheap. Only way I see that happening is if they get a guaranteed cheap price for Kovacic when his loan deal ends.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Will undoughtly weaken one of our rivals, I think he will decide in his heart what he wants I’m sure both club will pay him in the 250-350k range.
If we really want him(and if he ends scoring 30+ goals) we will offer him about 3 times that.

Every goal he scores this season will nudge him a little farther from Chelsea. Don't think their fans will complain if it ends in another PL title :D

(it won't though, because City)

Status
Not open for further replies.