Edin Dzeko at £6million

Ronaldo#7

EXCLUSIVE: Hot shot Edin Dzeko snubs Arsenal and Manchester City to push for dream move to AC Milan

Arsenal's hopes of landing top target Edin Dzeko have been dashed after the 23-year-old striker made it clear he would either be joining AC Milan or remaining with Bundesliga champions Wolfsburg.
Manager Arsene Wenger sees the powerful frontrunner as the cutting edge his side have been lacking, while Manchester City have also been alerted to a record of 26 goals from 32 Bundesliga appearances last season and added him to their list of attacking targets, alongside Carlos Tevez and Samuel Eto'o.
But a move to the Barclays Premier League appears to be out of the question after Wolfsburg braced themselves for a straight fight with AC Milan for his services.

Sportsmail can reveal that Dzeko's agent Irfan Redzepagic held talks with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani in the Bosnia marksman's home city of Sarajevo over the weekend.
Mindful that Dzeko would take little persuading to sign for Milan, after supporting them as a youngster and recently admitting a wish to play in Serie A, Galliani will attempt to push through a £15million deal to take him to the San Siro.
It is certain to meet with stern resistance at the Volkswagen Arena, though, after chairman Hans-Dieter Potsch reiterated Wolfsburg's determination to hang on to their prize asset and again stressed that, with the backing of the German car giants who own them, they have no need to sell.
Dzeko, who has also been linked to Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Portsmouth in recent weeks, seemed to be pinning his hopes on a move to Milan, saying: 'They have always been my favourite club, right back to my days as a small boy, growing up in Sarajevo.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hester-City-push-dream-AC-Milan.html?ITO=1490

Alex

Well done by Milan if true, reckon he will take well to Italian football

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I could see Rossi and Dzeko making a pretty good partnership actually.

beardsleybob

I'm dying for Milan to sign both Rossi and Dzeko

And I'm delighted that Cissokhos move hit the bumpers

He's not worth that much money, ever

Anduin

Cracking player, Wolfsburg firmly stated they want to keep him though. Milan have monitored his situation closely and wanted to get him for around 30 Million Euros, but Wolfsburg refuse to sell. Since Milan are his favourite club I reckon it's likely he will move on next season.
Not available now.

Merman

There is more chance that we will not sign him. We may not be interested in him at all. So, don't get your hopes up and don't act like its the end of the world if/when we don't sign him.

karan316

Cracking player, Wolfsburg firmly stated they want to keep him though. Milan have monitored his situation closely and wanted to get him for around 30 Million Euros, but Wolfsburg refuse to sell. Since Milan are his favourite club I reckon it's likely he will move on next season.
Not available now.
Yes but Wolfsburg arent too well off financially considering they are owned by Volkswagen. I think they just wanted more money out of Milan, which Galliani didnt want to spend. We'll certainly have to overpay if we do go for him but with time I reckon he'd be worth it.

Anduin

Yes but Wolfsburg arent too well off financially considering they are owned by Volkswagen. I think they just wanted more money out of Milan, which Galliani didnt want to spend. We'll certainly have to overpay if we do go for him but with time I reckon he'd be worth it.
Ahm?! I feel you're contradicting yourself there mate. The reason they are financially well off is because they are owned by Volkswagen. VW even stated they will not stop their spending on Wolfsburg and neither will they spend any less than they did over the last two years. They want to become a major force in German club football.
Hardly any German club (only Bayern) would refuse to sell if an offer for a player between 20-30 Million Euros comes in. The German transfer market does work under different circumstances compared to the Premier League and La Liga.

arjwiz

I made a statement about Dzeko when in the newbs about 8 months ago and was ridiculed.

I've seen a lot of him this past season, and he has been outstanding. He can really do the work for us up front.

Gabe

Looks like a solid all round forward with good pace.

Scored 34 goals in 60 games for Wolfsburg, with a steadily improving ratio.

Doogie

He didn't sign a new contract, he has two years on his current one left.
He did though, his salary going from €1m a year to €3m. But I wouldn't see that as a big problem if SAF were interested in him.

Anduin

He did though, his salary going from €1m a year to €3m. But I wouldn't see that as a big problem if SAF were interested in him.
I just did some research and the official Wolfsburg homepage says he is under contract until 2011 (and signed this contract in 2007). If he did indeed sign a new one, my apologies.

karan316

Ahm?! I feel you're contradicting yourself there mate. The reason they are financially well off is because they are owned by Volkswagen. VW even stated they will not stop their spending on Wolfsburg and neither will they spend any less than they did over the last two years. They want to become a major force in German club football.
Hardly any German club (only Bayern) would refuse to sell if an offer for a player between 20-30 Million Euros comes in. The German transfer market does work under different circumstances compared to the Premier League and La Liga.
I thought Volkswagen (like most major car manufacturers) are up shits creek financially following the global slowdown.

Anduin

I thought Volkswagen (like most major car manufacturers) are up shits creek financially following the global slowdown.
Well I think that's what everyone is thinking obviously, but surprisingly they made their position on football very clear and want to keep investing, despite the financial crisis.
VW-Boss Martin Winterkorn said they want to keep all their players and are looking for new ones to play in Europe regularly over the next couple of years. There will be enough money available if Armin Veh (the new manager) asks for it (there won't be much need for it though, all their star players stayed at the club).

Doogie

I just did some research and the official Wolfsburg homepage says he is under contract until 2011 (and signed this contract in 2007). If he did indeed sign a new one, my apologies.
Yeah, you're right it says 2011 on the official webpage. However it was widely reported that when the club rejected offer from Milan he agreed to sign a contract extension. I wonder if he has not signed it yet.

Virtuoso

Phelan admits Dzeko interest

Manchester United assistant Mike Phelan rates Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko as "ideal for the English league" and has hinted the Red Devils could consider a move for the player.

Dzeko, 23, has attracted interest from teams in Spain, Italy and England, with United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal all linked with him in recent weeks.

"I'm sure there are a number of teams looking at him. Are we one on them? We are looking at talent all of the time and we are in there with the rest of them," he said. "In some ways he is an ideal player for the English league."

The Bosnia forward scored against Sir Alex Ferguson's side when the sides met in the Champions League earlier this season and Phelan has admitted the club have been looking at him since.

He added: "He showed his threat in the game at Old Trafford and he appeals because he is a tall and skilful boy.

"He has stature, his feet are good and he is producing some good performances. I am sure everybody has looked at him."
In the papers today.

arjwiz

Been wanting him at OT for almost 2 years now. Brilliant footballer.

buckooo1978

Like I said before, extra finances for a substantial bid for him might be the reason why we dropped the Ljajic deal.
given the money we made on the ronaldo deal (all at once as well) we shouldnt have had to pull the plug on deals to finance others...

Drifter

American
Someone will have to be sacrificed up front in the summer.Berbatov?

Ekeke

If we do buy Dezko . . . cancelling Ljajic is then a sensible move, we already have a lot of CMs
He plays on the left wing for his club. Considering Giggs' age and the fact Nani hasnt stamped authority in that position, we dont have an overabundance of talent in that position. Not enough to consider cancelling the already agreed signing of one of the most promising young players in europe, a 'sensible' move.