Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to statistics that that article mentioned about Dzeko, his strike rate is similar to Berbatov's at international level (around 60%). :nervous:

Although club statistics are much different.

There is a big difference between club level and national level. Andy Cole is a perfect example to that.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
There is a big difference between club level and national level. Andy Cole is a perfect example to that.
Yeah. Also looking at Berbatov's statistics, there was only about a 5% drop in strike rate from his days at Leverkusen to Spurs 44 to 39%. Then 33% at United probably due to him not fitting into the style of play. This is encouraging if Dzeko comes over, it isn't as huge a step up to the Premiership as one would imagine.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Which country was that paper in that said Benzema was definitely coming to United last summer?

SecondFig

McClaren just gave his first press conference at Wolfsburg, said that it was important to keep Dzeko because he "wins games". Also worth pointing out that there's a 40m euro buy-out clause in his contract that expires next Monday night at midnight - after that Wolfsburg say they'd want more.

prateik

noone is paying 40m euros for him
mentioning it a weak attempt to get someone to bid that high in a hurry

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
New Wolfsburg coach Steve McClaren has vowed to fight "tooth and nail'' to keep Bosnia-Herzegovina striker Edin Dzeko at the club.

The 24-year-old frontman has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga outfit for some time, with AC Milan and Real Madrid reportedly among the interested parties, as well as a number of English sides.

McClaren, who has taken up the Wolves post after guiding FC Twente to the Dutch title last term, accepts Dzeko's future is out of Wolfsburg's hands at the moment but the Englishman is keen to see the player stay put.

"At the present moment we're not in control of it,'' McClaren told Sky Sports News. "He's got a clause in his contract where he can go for a set fee before Monday. After Monday, if nothing happens, we take a little bit more control over the situation and we can dictate it a little bit more.

"He's a world-class striker and we don't want to lose him. We're fighting tooth and nail to keep him. If we want to be successful we have to keep our best player, as every team does.''

McClaren admitted it had been a wrench to leave Holland after two successful seasons in Enschede.

"It was very difficult after a great two years I had there, finishing second in the first year and then unbelievably winning the championship was a great experience," McClaren said. "It's a great club with great people, but I felt the time was right.

"I said to my family that I'd go away for two years and the two years was up. This job gives me the opportunity to get the family back together. Once I met the people behind the scenes, I accepted within one or two days.''
from soccernet

032Devil

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't the buy out clause run concurrent with the player's contract?

prateik

in FM it does
in real life they can have other clauses too

didnt capel have a clause that was only valid for teams in spain (when ramos wanted him at spuds) and i read that kjaer has a clause that means team outside italy can sign him for a certain amount
liverpool had a buy back clause on barragan which was valid for 2 years and not after that

yamo123x

Milito is certainly a more clinical striker than Dzeko.
come off it pal, until milito scored those 2 goals against bayern, you prob never even heard of him, you may argue the case, but no way is Milito better than Dzeko.

We are prob dreading the fact that if we move for him city will come in and outpay us

Mainoldo

come off it pal, until milito scored those 2 goals against bayern, you prob never even heard of him, you may argue the case, but no way is Milito better than Dzeko.

We are prob dreading the fact that if we move for him city will come in and outpay us
Milito has been banging in goals far before Inter days.. I think your being ignorant towards the guy. Real Zara was probably one of his best days

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…

It sounds like it is you who hadn't really noticed Milito before the Champions League Final. Anyone who has been following European football over the last 5 years will have been more than aware of Milito's quality. The only real surprise was that he hadn't been picked up by a bigger club before his move to Inter Milan, although it was talked about for several years.

He was sensational in both spells at Genoa, and he became one of the best strikers in La Liga for a short period at Zaragoza. But you don't have to believe me:

2004–2005 Genoa — 59 games, 33 goals.
2005–2008 Zaragoza — 108 games, 53 goals.
2008–2009 Genoa — 31 games, 24 goals.
2009–2010 Internazionale — 35 games, 22 goals.

While there is an age difference of six years, that doesn't really help your case. We can argue all day long about preferences, but Dzeko has some way to go to match Milito's record. He's started very well, to be fair:

2007– Wolfsburg — 94 games, 56 goals.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
Dzeko would be an instant hit with our style of football. He is deceptively mobile and skillfull on the ball, yet superb in the air. A typical old fashion striker like Alan Shearer. I'm all for moving Berbatov in the opposite direction, since he has quite a good reputation in the Bundesliga.

SecondFig

It sounds like it is you who hadn't really noticed Milito before the Champions League Final. Anyone who has been following European football over the last 5 years will have been more than aware of Milito's quality. The only real surprise was that he hadn't been picked up by a bigger club before his move to Inter Milan, although it was talked about for several years.

He was sensational in both spells at Genoa, and he became one of the best strikers in La Liga for a short period at Zaragoza. But you don't have to believe me:

2004–2005 Genoa — 59 games, 33 goals.
2005–2008 Zaragoza — 108 games, 53 goals.
2008–2009 Genoa — 31 games, 24 goals.
2009–2010 Internazionale — 35 games, 22 goals.

While there is an age difference of six years, that doesn't really help your case. We can argue all day long about preferences, but Dzeko has some way to go to match Milito's record. He's started very well, to be fair:

2007– Wolfsburg — 94 games, 56 goals.
Must confess I missed his second time at Genoa, but I remember him being shit hot at Zaragoza.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Even Van der vaart would do fine.. him and Dzeko and we're nice for the new season.
agreed - as long as Hargreaves stays somewhat fit. We need another defensive option for the midfield (in comparison to what we had last season). Hopefully Hargreaves can be it.

032Devil

BREAKING NEWS: Man City in talks with Wolfburg for £40m Dzeko

According to SSN, they are in talks and if offered £40m then the club will have to accept.

032Devil

Correction: Dzeko's reps in talks with Man City. If they come to an agreement then the club will have to accept the 'get-out' fee of 40m.

Jaap

BREAKING NEWS: Man City in talks with Wolfburg for £40m Dzeko

According to SSN, they are in talks and if offered £40m then the club will have to accept.
Obviously they would have to agree terms with Dzeko; who I can't see leaving for City, to be honest.

Commadus

40m Euros is about £34m.

I don;t know whether you consuder that value for money for a guy who has just turned 24?

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
One one hand, Villa has gone for about that amount. On the other, Dzeko would be perfect for us. I think we should pip in unless we're pining for Higuain.

SecondFig

Are they getting rid of Adebayor then?
There's been rumours around Adebayor since the last week of the season, wouldn't surprise me if they did sell him. Plus I think Santa Cruz, Benjani and Bellamy are all definitely on the way out. And even Tevez has been sounding off about being unhappy with his contract, so signing a new striker isn't all that surprising really, especially one we've been linked with.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
We should buy adebayor off em then

Fergie supposedly enquired for him once.

City will soon be very good

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We should buy adebayor off em then

Fergie supposedly enquired for him once.

City will soon be very good
Fergie rejected him last year, when his agent offered him to us before moving to City.

Mainoldo

feck Adebayor... That will be like having 2 Berbatov's

Good signing for City if he decides to go there, the price isn't too bad however his probably really only worth £28m at the heighest.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I'd take Adebayor for about £10-15m, not much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.