Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think he simply re-opened the thread because all the speculation of him staying at Wolfsburg wasn't concrete? I mean SAF told the press he wouldn't sell Madrid a Virus.. 6 Months or so later Ronaldo joined Real Madrid.. To a point it still makes a little sense to Lock a thread if a player signs a new contract (although I would rather the Mods/Admins not) Whereas as a simple press release stating the player in question will not be sold could just be a ploy..

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Forget about my tantalizingly cryptic opening line. I opened it because people still wanted to talk about Dzeko.

Pscholes18

I think he is easily worth 35 mil from what Ive seen. At least he actually makes runs in to the box and scores.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Dzeko "desperate" for big club move

Edin Dzeko has urged Wolfsburg to allow him to move to a "big club''

Dzeko, the Bundesliga's top-scorer last season, has been linked with moves to Juventus, AC Milan and Manchester City.

It appeared earlier this summer the 24-year-old would be staying with the Wolves for at least another year after a deadline to meet a €40 million release clause in his contract by June 1 passed. But Dzeko, who wants to talk with coach Steve McClaren and general manager Dieter Hoeness, is still keen on a transfer.

"I hope and think that Wolfsburg will let me go,'' Dzeko said in an interview with kicker. "Last year I wanted to move and was not allowed to go to Milan. The club told me, if a club which is good for me comes in this year then they will let me go.

"It's not about money and I don't feel unhappy in Wolfsburg. But it's now simply about development. Every player has his goals.''

Hoeness, though, insists Wolfsburg's star player is going nowhere.

"That he wants to move is nothing new,'' said Hoeness. "I can understand him. But the fact is that we are planning for the season with Edin.''

Pscholes18

Dzeko, the Bundesliga's top-scorer last season, has been linked with moves to Juventus, AC Milan and Manchester City.

It appeared earlier this summer the 24-year-old would be staying with the Wolves for at least another year after a deadline to meet a €40 million release clause in his contract by June 1 passed. But Dzeko, who wants to talk with coach Steve McClaren and general manager Dieter Hoeness, is still keen on a transfer.

"I hope and think that Wolfsburg will let me go,'' Dzeko said in an interview with kicker. "Last year I wanted to move and was not allowed to go to Milan. The club told me, if a club which is good for me comes in this year then they will let me go.

"It's not about money and I don't feel unhappy in Wolfsburg. But it's now simply about development. Every player has his goals.''

"That he wants to move is nothing new,'' said Hoeness. "I can understand him. But the fact is that we are planning for the season with Edin.''
Fergie, sign him up

Drifter

American
Manchester City target Edin Dzeko has revealed he is mulling over an offer to leave Wolfsburg.

Dzeko is a target for City, but the Germans have tried to scare off suitors by asking for £50m. Juventus are also interested in the 24-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who is keen to make the step up.

"I now want to represent a big club so I can develop further," Dzeko told Kicker magazine. "This has now become my big desire. I hope and I believe VfL (Wolfsburg) will let me leave now."

A clause in Dzeko's contract allowing him to leave for £32.5m expired on June 1.

"I am aware of the clause in my contract, but I have already said that at that point in time it would be too early. It was too early for other clubs.

"Now I have received a good offer I have to talk about it with the manager and the managing director."

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat

Not if you're Berbatov! Wahey! :rolleyes:

jb8521

Sky sports italy is claiming united are negotiating with wolfsburg over dzeko

wr8_utd

:'(

Well City out of the running atlast.

Redrage

Manchester City target Edin Dzeko has revealed he is mulling over an offer to leave Wolfsburg.

Dzeko is a target for City, but the Germans have tried to scare off suitors by asking for £50m. Juventus are also interested in the 24-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international, who is keen to make the step up.

"I now want to represent a big club so I can develop further," Dzeko told Kicker magazine. "This has now become my big desire. I hope and I believe VfL (Wolfsburg) will let me leave now."

A clause in Dzeko's contract allowing him to leave for £32.5m expired on June 1.

"I am aware of the clause in my contract, but I have already said that at that point in time it would be too early. It was too early for other clubs.

"Now I have received a good offer I have to talk about it with the manager and the managing director."
Good offer means city.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Maybe Sky sports Italy have got Manchester United mixed up with Manchester City, its easy done as no one really has heard of City outside England so as soon as it was leaked a Manchester club were in for Dzeko is natural theyd have assumed it was us what with him claiming he wants to move to a big club an all.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
His manager said 5 clubs are in the running to sign him, but he won't reveal who until they are sure Wolfsburg will let him go.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Secondo quanto riportato dalla redazione di Sky Sport 24, il Manchester United si sarebbe fatto avanti per Edin Dzeko.
I Red Devils, in anticipo rispetto alle tante rivali, tra le quali figurano i “cugini” del City, avrebbero infatti fatto un’offerta di circa 40 milioni di euro al Wolfsburg per acquistare l’attaccante bosniaco.
Sempre secondo Sky Sport, la formazione tedesca avrebbe rifiutato, volendo ascoltare solo le offerte che si aggirano intorno ai 60 milioni.
As reported by the editors of Sky Sport 24, Manchester United would come forward to Edin Dzeko.
The Red Devils, earlier than many rivals, which include the "cousins" of the City, said to have made an offer of around 40 million euros to buy the Wolfsburg striker Bosnian.
Again according to Sky Sports, training German refused, wanting to hear only the offers that are around 60 million.

Manchester United, 40 milioni per Dzeko | Calcio News 24

Clearly a reputable source.

Mainoldo

60million euros :lol:
Bye bye Dzeko... :lol::lol:

If they claims of him thinking about an offer is also try. It might be we have made a bid and have now given the club time to think about it. In which case lets hope they are not stupid and consider the fact the lad wants to leave.

prateik

there is no way we bid 35m for him and there is no way they will turn down a 35m bid for dzeko

the article makes no sense

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This is to good to be true. Dzeko would be an incredible signing and the striker department would be sorted for the next 6-7 years.

This is bound to be bullshit though. I guess us muppets can dream.

Ekeke

This is to good to be true. Dzeko would be an incredible signing and the striker department would be sorted for the next 6-7 years.

This is bound to be bullshit though. I guess us muppets can dream.
Same sort of bollocks was posted when we were after Berbatov. Things are never really "sorted" in football. One season is a long time, players can lose a lot of form and confidence or they can gain too. We dont know that Dzeko and Rooney would sort us for 2 seasons let alone 6 or 7. But he'd be an obvious improvement on our current options.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Same sort of bollocks was posted when we were after Berbatov. Things are never really "sorted" in football. One season is a long time, players can lose a lot of form and confidence or they can gain too. We dont know that Dzeko and Rooney would sort us for 2 seasons let alone 6 or 7. But he'd be an obvious improvement on our current options.
I was talking theoretically dude from an age perspective. In Rooney, dzeko, macheda and Hernandez we'd have four very good strikers all under 25 years old. There is of course the possibility that Dzeko could be a failure like berbatov. But one thing is certain Dzeko scores goals.

wr8_utd

:'(
Dzeko would most certainly be better than Berbatov. No doubts about that.

Ekeke

I was talking theoretically dude from an age perspective. In Rooney, dzeko, macheda and Hernandez we'd have four very good strikers all under 25 years old. There is of course the possibility that Dzeko could be a failure like berbatov. But one thing is certain Dzeko scores goals.
I absolutely agree.

I just detest the idea/attitude that "if we sign this guy and that guy, we're sorted for 5 seasons" because every season we sign new players. Every season. Not always first team players, but generally every couple of seasons we do sign new players for the first team or on the fringes of it. We just dont know what the situation is going to be in 1 seasons time let alone longer. A year ago Carrick's future would have been looking bright, now a lot of people feel we need other options instead of him and some others would be fairly happy if we got rid of him. Its never as straight forward as "we have a group of young players and every single year they'll improve, have good form and never have injuries so we'll be sorted".

If we signed Dzeko we'd be "sorted" for one season, then take another look at how we're doing. Even if he was poor he'd be given a second chance, but maybe we'd improve our backups.

redwhiteblack

After Hernandez's showing at the WC against World class opposition I'm not really sure we need to sign another striker, even if we were to release Berbatov.

Rooney, Hernandez, Macheda, Owen, King (I have faith in this boy) would be fine if we sort our midfield out.

Nani and Valencia are terrific wingers, we also have Obertan and Park who can play on the flanks. It's the middle of the park where we were lacking in goals and creativity last season. As many on here know, I'm a rabid advocate of Ozil for United, I'm convinced he is the missing piece of our jigsaw. In fact, not since we signed Wayne have I been so utterly confident that a specific player is exactly right for us.

Buying another striker would limit game time for Hernandez (who's quality through and through), Macheda and King (who are both great strikers just waiting for a run of games). It could prove needless, counter productive even.

Lets show a bit of faith in our exciting, young strikers and direct our transfer funds where they're needed - the creative void in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.