Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think we should try out our young strikers this season and see which ones can make the grade. We have plenty of talent, its whether or not they can make that step up and produce it every week.

Personally i'd stay clear of any big money strikers this summer and concentrate on looking at creative midfielders/goalkeeper.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think the hate towards Berba is a bit extreme here eh?

Sure he does not score goals but he's still a great player to have to play against smaller teams. He looked like he was improving in the stoke game at OT. Started getting in the box much more and made that goal for giggs.

But yeah Dzeko would most certainly be a better goal scorer.

Drifter

American
Juventus are edging closer to landing Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg and they will complete the move within two weeks, according to Tuttosport.

It seems Dzeko is ready to end his time with the German club despite having three years left to run on his deal.

Manchester City have also been linked with the player, but Juventus appear just ahead in the race and want to cross the line quickly.

Wolfsburg want between €30 million and €35m for the powerful hitman, and while that seems a stretch for Juve, they are ready to offer Diego or Mohammed Sissoko plus cash in return for the striker.

It's no secret the Germans like Diego who has failed to ignite his career in Turin since his arrival from Werder Bremen last year.

The next step will see Giuseppe Marotta speak with his German colleague Dieter Hoeness in an attempt to close a deal.

buckooo1978

i don't think Juve can afford him....

i think any bid from them would be totally blown out of the water by city

MUFCgal

After Hernandez's showing at the WC against World class opposition I'm not really sure we need to sign another striker, even if we were to release Berbatov.

Rooney, Hernandez, Macheda, Owen, King (I have faith in this boy) would be fine if we sort our midfield out.

Nani and Valencia are terrific wingers, we also have Obertan and Park who can play on the flanks. It's the middle of the park where we were lacking in goals and creativity last season. As many on here know, I'm a rabid advocate of Ozil for United, I'm convinced he is the missing piece of our jigsaw. In fact, not since we signed Wayne have I been so utterly confident that a specific player is exactly right for us.

Buying another striker would limit game time for Hernandez (who's quality through and through), Macheda and King (who are both great strikers just waiting for a run of games). It could prove needless, counter productive even.

Lets show a bit of faith in our exciting, young strikers and direct our transfer funds where they're needed - the creative void in the middle.
Great post.

Mainoldo

After Hernandez's showing at the WC against World class opposition I'm not really sure we need to sign another striker, even if we were to release Berbatov.

Rooney, Hernandez, Macheda, Owen, King (I have faith in this boy) would be fine if we sort our midfield out.

Nani and Valencia are terrific wingers, we also have Obertan and Park who can play on the flanks. It's the middle of the park where we were lacking in goals and creativity last season. As many on here know, I'm a rabid advocate of Ozil for United, I'm convinced he is the missing piece of our jigsaw. In fact, not since we signed Wayne have I been so utterly confident that a specific player is exactly right for us.

Buying another striker would limit game time for Hernandez (who's quality through and through), Macheda and King (who are both great strikers just waiting for a run of games). It could prove needless, counter productive even.

Lets show a bit of faith in our exciting, young strikers and direct our transfer funds where they're needed - the creative void in the middle.
Thats all good and well but what do you want us the think when Fergie is claiming we were interested in David Villa?! We all know what we need but i just can't see it getting done.

redwhiteblack

Thats all good and well but what do you want us the think when Fergie is claiming we were interested in David Villa?! We all know what we need but i just can't see it getting done.
Well, from my point of view, which obviously is completely subjective, either SAF is spinning along the media with half truths or he means it literally.

David Villa for 25m, in a world where we've just earned 80m for Ron is GREAT value. And when you take into account the fact that if Villa was signed, Berbatov would obviously go, probably for around 15m, the value/wages gets even better! So no, I don't actually believe SAF on this point.

If however he literally means it, I would suggest he's perhaps begun to lose his power of rational thought - but as I stated above, I don't believe him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Juventus are hoping to beat Manchester City to the signing of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko after cooling their interest in Milos Krasic.

Dzeko is looking to leave Wolfsburg over the summer in order to join a bigger club and has attracted interest from several leading European teams.

He was previously wanted by AC Milan, while Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has expressed a wish to bring the Bosnian to the Premier League.

Italian giants Juventus are also keen on the prolific frontman and are now pursuing a deal for Dzeko in preference to a bid for CSKA Moscow winger Krasic.

"Forced to choose between Krasic and Dzeko due to the limits on non-EU players, we'll focus on the striker," Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta told Tuttosport.

"But it's a difficult negotiation because the Germans don't give up easily and their demands are very high.

"We count on the will of player."

Dzeko has again outlined his determination to move on before the start of the new season and hopes Wolfsburg will be amenable to his request.

He told Kicker: "I want to clarify that it is not a matter of money, but of ambition. I feel I have to take a leap in quality and land in a big club.

"It is an important moment of my career and I also explained that to the leaders of Wolfsburg.

"With them I have a wonderful relationship and I am sure they will fulfil my desire."
If we are in for a striker and the apparent interest in Villa and Balotelli says we are Dzeko should be the one we focus all our attention on, if he does move on I hope to god he picks Juventus instead of City, would hate to see him end up there

Krasic looks like he's back on the market as well although I think City are after him as well :rolleyes:

Jaap

Wolfsburg's manager stated today that he would be willing to listen to offers for Edin Dzeko - in a region of around 40m Euros.

Devil may care

I know a lot are impressed with this guy but I don't think he's a good fit here as he'd be on the bench like Berbatov when we play 4-3-3. If we buy another striker he needs to able to play as a wide forward when we switch to 4-3-3 IMO.

Cina

I know a lot are impressed with this guy but I don't think he's a good fit here as he'd be on the bench like Berbatov when we play 4-3-3. If we buy another striker he needs to able to play as a wide forward when we switch to 4-3-3 IMO.
Probably true, which is why someone like Balotelli would be a better fit, without the cuntishness of Balotelli, that is.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Rooney would play on the left.

Cina

Rooney would play on the left.
Rooney is wasted on the left, we all saw that when Ronaldo was thrown up top.

Truth be told though, Dzeko is an outstanding young player and in a 4-4-2 I can only imagine the damage him and Rooney would do. If he was going for 30m and the money was there then I'd see no reason not to get him. I know we've a lot of young strikers, but feck it, the boy is mint.

Drifter

American
All Getting A Bit Messy

Juventus target Edin Dzeko has once again called upon Wolfsburg to let him go and is willing to take on the club's directors in order to be sold.

The Bosnian striker feels his current club are obstructing his way out from the team and has reiterated his wish to leave in the summer.

Last season, Dzeko was promised by director Dieter Hoeness that he would be allowed to move at the end of the campaign.

This is the second time that the player has had to talk to his directors regarding his transfer request.

Juventus are not willing to match Wolfsburg's demands, though, and Bayern Munich are allegedly ready to offer £18m as well as Mario Gomez in exchange for the player.

In the meantime, Wolfsburg directors have accused the player of having already agreed a deal with Juventus.

They believe Dzeko has already put pen to paper on his new contract and are ready to call for FIFA intervention.

dev1l

tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=219993

The german club are now saying that Dzeko is no longer for sale.

(somewhere else i read that they re having problems in financing the kjaer deal..)

It seems that the auction is not working as planned

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Yup, Houness says speculation is over, Dzeko is not for sale no matter whats offered they want to draw a line under the whole thing, apparently Dzekos hinting he may not give his all if hes forced to stay saying "if im forced to remain you’ll have to see how i play" extremely unprofessional comment.

Still am glad hes staying there one player i didn’t want City to get their dirty hands on, hopefully they’ll have to settle for Balotelli now.

Story in full:

Wolfsburg insist key duo Edin Dzeko and Zvjezdan Misimovic will remain at the club next season.

Highly-rated striker Dzeko has been linked with a host of clubs, including Manchester City, Juventus and AC Milan following his goalscoring exploits with Wolfsburg.

Misimovic has been linked with several other Bundesliga clubs in recent weeks, but Wolfsburg managing director Dieter Hoeness is adamant the pair are going nowhere.

"We have decided to end the recurring speculation: both Edin Dzeko and Zvjezdan Misimovic will be staying at Wolfsburg, no matter what offers come in for them," said Hoeness.

Hoeness made the announcement after a meeting with coach Steve McClaren and club chairman Dr Francisco Javier Garcia Sanz.

Speculation
"We did not want this speculation to become endless as we move closer to the start of the season," added Hoeness.

"It made no sense to continue going around in circles. Now everybody can concentrate on the new season.

"Furthermore, both players have clear contracts which don't leave any room for misinterpretation.

"There was not a single offer for either of them anyway so this discussion was only virtual."

Both have recently expressed a desire to leave the club with Dzeko reiterating his dream of playing for Milan one day, despite signing a new contract with the Bundesliga club to end speculation linking him with a move to the Rossoneri 12 months ago.

And Misimovic had started to express his disillusionment with life at the 2009 Bundesliga champions.

However, Hoeness does not expect any negative repercussions from the club's firm stance.

"I am convinced that our decision will have no effect on the performance of Edin and 'Zwetschge'," noted Hoeness

"They are two excellent footballers and decent lads. Both are working very well in training."

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Im not so sure, the bundesliga is a much more profitable league than the rest of europes top divisions and its clubs are in no desperate need to sell players, its very hard to bully German clubs into letting go of their stars at anything remotly reasonable simply because they dont find themselves under the financial pressures clubs of similiar stature in other leagues across europe do, like Bayern did with Ribery Wolfsburg will make it extremly difficult for anyone to sign their stars for fair market value resulting in the players staying nine times out of ten.

dev1l

a couple of days ago, Palermo president said that wolfsburg were not keeping with the payments as agreed in kjaer's transfer. So i m assuming that wolfsburg need the money.

Ok, bundesliga as a whole maybe better off than other leagues, but there still could be individual clubs with financial problems

VoetbalWizard

a couple of days ago, Palermo president said that wolfsburg were not keeping with the payments as agreed in kjaer's transfer. So i m assuming that wolfsburg need the money.

Ok, bundesliga as a whole maybe better off than other leagues, but there still could be individual clubs with financial problems
wolfsburg could always get massive cash if the boys at VW wanted to give it to them. mind you i doubt the VW board and shareholders would be happy for VW group to be shoveling money towards vf wolfsburg.

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
I read somewhere that they are the second most stable club in the league. Dzeko was a moron for signing a new contract last summer. His greed has now cost him.

lysglimt

Scout
I read somewhere that they are the second most stable club in the league. Dzeko was a moron for signing a new contract last summer. His greed has now cost him.
Theoretically they may have promised him that he could go if the received a good offer - considering he signed the contract

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bayern manager Van Gaal is quoted in the press here as saying he is interested in Dzeko.

I could see a Dzeko Gomez swap on the cards....

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bayern manager Van Gaal is quoted in the press here as saying he is interested in Dzeko.

I could see a Dzeko Gomez swap on the cards....
Watch him go to Bayern for pittance whilst the rest of Europe has to pay 35m plus

Jaap

Dzeko set to stay

Dzeko has said that he will remain at Wolfsburg for at least another season.
''I'm happy that all speculation about my future are over. I'm ready for the new season and I'm only concentrating about myself and my club.''
Juventus Turin's director Giuseppe Marotta - who were keen admirers of the Bosnian - said that Dzeko did indeed interest the Italian club, but the door has now been shut and Wolfsburg are not looking to sell.

Drifter

American
Italian giants Juventus have accepted that they will not be able to bring striker Edin Dzeko to the club this summer.

Juve have been after the player throughout the transfer window as they look to improve their attacking options after a poor season in Serie A.

Dzeko currently plays for Bundesliga side Wolfsburg but has been linked with moves to the Serie A and the Premier League.

The Bosnian is highly valued by his current club and it does not seem that Juve are willing to pay over the odds for the goalscorer.

Juve's sporting director Giuseppe Marotta believes it will be difficult to bring the player to the Turin based club.

He said: "The road to Dzeko appears to have been closed.

"The player has expressed a desire to join us, but that is not the will of Wolfsburg.

"If they don't want to sell him, there is not much we can do."

Ace

I've been a big fan of his for a while. Very composed and a natural goalscorer, but he's also very technical. He's as close to a van Nistelrooy I've seen. He'll move onto a bigger club eventually, and I've no doubt he'll be successful.

We're not in need of a striker at the moment, but Dzeko seems to be the most readymade 'natural number 9' I've seen in the past half decade.

Very, very good player.

Cina

For some reason I assumed he'd already gone to Juventus. Bleedin' tabloids.

Cracking player though, but if Berba keeps his form up and bags 20 this season I see absolutely no reason why we'd buy him in the next 2 or 3 years anyway, and he'll be gone from Wolfsburg by then.

dev1l

Someway or another he ll end up at Bayern - that's what the Hoeness brothers want. If bayern do not want him then, wolfsburg may let him go.

however atm the german clubs have less financial concerns compared to their spanish, english and italian counterparts. so they may as well decide to keep him there

Christofaux

be interesting to see him in a league where defenders and keepers dont give up... that guy who keeps feeding him all these great passes, sign that guy.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's left for Galatasaray sadly chris.

Ekeke

If you watch a video of all Rooney's goals last season it'll be similar. And thats the issue, unless his role is changed... Interesting though that Dzeko scored 4 headers last season. Rooney can lay claim to more than double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.