Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He looks really rusty to me.

In 45 minutes worth of football so far he's completed 4 passes... So basically if we're not going to get him the service (and we look quite away away from doing so) he's not going to really do much.

el3mel

When will we start using him probably, instead of just throwing him in the box for the last 10 minutes as an additional body and that's it ?

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
When will we start using him probably, instead of just throwing him in the box for the last 10 minutes as an additional body and that's it ?
How would you use him out of interest?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
People seem to want him to start but he doesnt look great in my opinion.

Martial's on the ball ability is better for a team that severely lacks attacking ability.

Cavani needs the team built a certain way for him & I'm not sure we will see that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Two poorly weighed passes pissed me off today, but he's barely getting a kick so no surprise he's struggling for match fitness.

el3mel

How would you use him out of interest?
He definitely doesn't suit the "Chicharito" role at all for me. We should use him similar to Martial, a main striker who holds up the ball, link with others then move in to the box for the dangerous play.

PoTMS

Why is Ole so frigid with his substitutions? He has a hard on for putting subs on either on 60 or 75 minutes. Cavani should have been on before in place of Pogba who was awful.

DarkXaero

There's really not much to talk about here, he hasn't been given much of a chance, and when he's on, he has barely seen the ball. We've also created like no chances for him so far.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe when hes fit?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Two poorly weighed passes pissed me off today, but he's barely getting a kick so no surprise he's struggling for match fitness.
One was terrible, the other you have to factor in Bellerin's pace as ge interxepted it at full stretch. Not that Pogba would get at the end of it the way he jogged over.

Needs gel and sync with others. Shaw had a free kick/cross at the end in which everyone stayed in a pack while he broke off through the middle, utterly free... except Shaw didn't read it at all :annoyed:

Yet to be convinced anything good will come of this one.
Same. He's 33, hasn't played in 6 months, and has never really played regularly at the highest level before. I don't know what we expect from him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
One was terrible, the other you have to factor in Bellerin's pace as ge interxepted it at full stretch. Not that Pogba would get at the end of it the way he jogged over.

Needs gel and sync with others. Shaw had a free kick/cross at the end in which everyone stayed in a pack while he broke off through the middle, utterly free... except Shaw didn't read it at all :annoyed:
Maybe I was too angry with everything to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd have to watch it again but forgive me if I give that a miss :lol:
Agree on the second bit; the corners and most of the open play crosses were rubbish today so neither Cavani nor anyone else could do anything with them.

He needs time to build up some fitness, build up some minutes - and we'll see from there.

He's been brutal so far, in very limited game time. Heavy touch, poor passing. As mentioned above, looks very laboured even when coming on fresh against tired legs.

I'm not expecting much, but it's clear that he's nowhere near 'fit' yet. Hopefully it will come at some point... maybe not. It was always a role of the dice with his recent injuries and obvious physical decline.

Zoo

Start him against the Istanbul team. He needs to get going.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same. He's 33, hasn't played in 6 months, and has never really played regularly at the highest level before. I don't know what we expect from him.
What. :lol:

JPB

The Uruguayan Andy Carrol. What a player!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He looks really rusty to me.

In 45 minutes worth of football so far he's completed 4 passes... So basically if we're not going to get him the service (and we look quite away away from doing so) he's not going to really do much.
You can expect more from Cavani as a finisher and intensity wise, but his passing has been terrible for years now. Statistics shows he scored most of his goals touching the ball only once for PSG for at least 3 years.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He's a glorified Ighalo. Those begging for their latest shiny toy to start every game will come to terms with reality soon enough.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They picked up on this in commentary too.

To be fair i'm not sure how much a "real warm-up" is needed, but still, hardly the best look.
Me neither. I do know that I have had a few bollockings from my coach at my Sunday League if I was doing half-assed warm ups when I was coming on. So I think it's frowned upon at every level. Attitude is everything.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Me neither. I do know that I have had a few bollockings from my coach at my Sunday League if I was doing half-assed warm ups when I was coming on. So I think it's frowned upon at every level. Attitude is everything.
I think getting warm, especially when older and more injury-prone is part of the basics of the sport. Actually makes a difference.

jem

The thing is that from everything I've read Edinson Cavani has a very good attitude with a good work ethic. With that in mind, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can he at least get 90 minutes before we stick the knives in.

He was feeding off scraps yesterday, he's had 3 chances from I can remember having in a United shirt

• Narrowly missing with his first touch as a United player against
  • Almost converting a cut-back which was blocked by someone who spent years playing with him.
  • An offside chance which he scored
I'm not worried at the moment about him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He totally ruins our attack at the moment.

Our strikers are basically required to work the ball amongst themselves/with the midfielders to create... and frankly he's not getting involved in the play, nor do I imagine he'll be very good at doing so for a while still.

Yeah once in a blue moon we'll score from a cross (we've used that power up now, think it has a recharge time of about 10 games) but ultimately there isn't really "service" into the box for him to do anything "poachery" with.

Now our attack wasn't great before he came on sure, but I just can't see how it'll happen for him until a) he's properly match sharp and b) we've changed how we play a bit.

Godfather

Could have got him match fit and on the wavelength of our other players if we had got him a bit earlier. But of course our incompetent board had to wait until the final days of the transfer window.

el3mel

He seems as far away from match fitness as me myself who never touched a ball. With this rate he'll probably be ready by March or so.

NinjaFletch

If I'm honest, I'm not sure he's currently deserving of the minutes he's getting over Ighalo.

ti vu

What I don't understand is why this club see that it's worth taking a risk on 2 loans of old forwards with fitness issues, but getting turn off by Haaland release clause request.

I meant just think of Harland signing as a loan that makes you little profit. It's fundamental a stop gap but with better probability in making it permanent if the player loves to stay.

You don't have much options to choose from in the first place. Why let it go to this? Then still play your best forwards out of position, to have these stop gap loan players in the team after all the hard work to find your best forwards their best positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.