5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

youngrell

Doesn't seem to be working very well in this system, particularly the role he's being asked to play. Doesn't suit him or us at all.

Bruno should be the second striker, with Cavani and Ronaldo sharing time up top to keep them both firing on all cylinders. All 3 can be on the field when we are chasing a game.

Swiss_Red89

Doesn't seem to be working very well in this system, particularly the role he's being asked to play. Doesn't suit him or us at all.

Bruno should be the second striker, with Cavani and Ronaldo sharing time up top to keep them both firing on all cylinders. All 3 can be on the field when we are chasing a game.
Agree. The Ronaldo/Cavani Combo was overrated imo since the Spurs away game. They don't really fit together up top. Especially when Cavani is asked to play some kind of nr. 10, second striker role. They should share game time.

Devil may care

His strengths are pressing the CB's and scoring goals, he's not that creative or technically tight, so him trying to play as a pseudo #10 is a waste of time.

acnumber9

A (former) world class striker, with an ego that comes with it won't/shouldn't ever be happy with what happened in the summer, regardless of what wages he's on. In the context of the fecked up football world I can understand if his heart's not fully in it at the moment.
Changing a shirt number? To the number he wears for his national team? If he’s that much of a baby he can feck off with Martial and they can both cry about their numbers.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Hes not a ten. So we cannot play the same formation next game. Play one of him or ronaldo. Then bruno as the ten if we go down that route.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Thought he was terrible last night, so many promising attacks ruined by him, most notably the one he should of played Greenwood in, also simple pass that would of put Ronaldo in which he fluffed.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Changing a shirt number? To the number he wears for his national team? If he’s that much of a baby he can feck off with Martial and they can both cry about their numbers.
Will we ever stop mouthing off at our players responding to hunches from some random guy on the internet?

acnumber9

Will we ever stop mouthing off at our players responding to hunches from some random guy on the internet?
Key word being if. It’s a hypothetical. If you prefer we can just discuss his appalling recent performances and the constant chatter about him wanting to leave since he arrived?

antohan

Key word being if. It’s a hypothetical. If you prefer we can just discuss his appalling recent performances and the constant chatter about him wanting to leave since he arrived?
What about the constant chatter? Are you going off on one again, based on ifs and buts?

Re: form, he is coming back from injury and asked to play a fecking weird role. I don't know what we are playing at overall, let alone what he is supposed to contribute as a support striker when he is the most natural centreforward in our squad.

Satsuma United

He is an injury-prone and obviously he is a bit old, he will give you one goal per month if you are lucky.

Awful signing in my opinion.

acnumber9

What about the constant chatter? Are you going off on one again, based on ifs and buts?

Re: form, he is coming back from injury and asked to play a fecking weird role. I don't know what we are playing at overall, let alone what he is supposed to contribute as a support striker when he is the most natural centreforward in our squad.
Based on the information we have. Which has seen him linked with moves away almost from the minute he arrived. I get it, he’s your countryman. That doesn’t make the sun shine out of his arse.

When is he ever not coming back from injury? He’d probably be a bit more match sharp if he didn’t keep telling our managers he doesn’t fancy playing.

antohan

Based on the information we have. Which has seen him linked with moves away almost from the minute he arrived. I get it, he’s your countryman. That doesn’t make the sun shine out of his arse.
Much like he was constantly linked with moves to us/Chelsea for 5-6 years yet there was never anything in it.

A guy on a one season contract, renewed for another season, of course there will be stories and links left, right and centre. D'oh!

When is he ever not coming back from injury? He’d probably be a bit more match sharp if he didn’t keep telling our managers he doesn’t fancy playing.
1. He'a been a sicknote since that injury he picked against Portugal in Russia. We knew that.

2. With muscle injuries you are either ready or you are not. There's no "bravely playing through the pain barrier", just breaking down and getting subbed 15-20 mins into a game. I spent 18 months doing it as a rugby player without clocking 80mins on aggregate. Utterly pointless.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Much like he was constantly linked with moves to us/Chelsea for 5-6 years yet there was never anything in it.

A guy on a one season contract, renewed for another season, of course there will be stories and links left, right and centre. D'oh!

1. He'a been a sicknote since that injury he picked against Portugal in Russia. We knew that.

2. With muscle injuries you are either ready or you are not. There's no "bravely playing through the pain barrier", just breaking down and getting subbed 15-20 mins into a game. I spent 18 months doing it as a rugby player without clocking 80mins on aggregate. Utterly pointless.
The manager has come out and confirmed he wants to leave but won’t be allowed :houllier:

antohan

The manager has come out and confirmed he wants to leave but won’t be allowed :houllier:
More a case of reassurances than wanting to bugger off.

Nobody in their right mind says that in public unless they know full well the player is OK with it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
More a case of reassurances than wanting to bugger off.

Nobody in their right mind says that in public unless they know full well the player is OK with it.
Yeah sure….

Player tells manager ‘I don’t want to leave’

manager responds……

“We spoke about Edi, and he knows that I will definitely not let him go,"
“I would rather have another Edi on top of that but for me it is clear Edi has to stay”

He’s a strange guy Ralf. Why does he keep saying he won’t let a player go who only wants to stay:rolleyes:

antohan

Yeah sure….

Player tells manager ‘I don’t want to leave’

manager responds……

“We spoke about Edi, and he knows that I will definitely not let him go,"
“I would rather have another Edi on top of that but for me it is clear Edi has to stay”

He’s a strange guy Ralf. Why does he keep saying he won’t let a player go who only wants to stay:rolleyes:
Do you understand the difference between wanting to leave and seeking assurances as to plans/role/playing time?

I'll tell you where the difference is. Rangnick "wanted Carrick to stay", he left. McKenna, same, he left. He doesn't want Martial so agrees he needs to play elsewhere (so long as $, etc).

You don't keep people you want to use against their will, it just doesn't work. It's clear Edi is absolutely fine with it.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Do you understand the difference between wanting to leave and seeking assurances as to plans/role/playing time?

I'll tell you where the difference is. Rangnick "wanted Carrick to stay", he left. McKenna, same, he left. He doesn't want Martial so agrees he needs to play elsewhere (so long as $, etc).

You don't keep people you want to use against their will, it just doesn't work. It's clear Edi is absolutely fine with it.
“and he knows that I will definitely not let him go,"

That’s an interesting choice of words right there….but sure Edi hasnt mentioned leaving at all. (I don’t care that he’s agreed to stay, he’s earning a fortune for sod all)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Surely the answer to that question is…..”I’ve spoken to Edi and he knows he’s in my plans and an important player for the rest of the season”

You’re way deep in denial here. It’s clear that Cavani spoke with Ralf about the possibility of leaving and was told there’s no chance.

antohan

Surely the answer to that question is…..”I’ve spoken to Edi and he knows he’s in my plans and an important player for the rest of the season”

You’re way deep in denial here. It’s clear that Cavani spoke with Ralf about the possibility of leaving and was told there’s no chance.
Sure, and Edi gets on with it. Nobody will be offering him the same $, it's entirely about actually playing (yes, if/when fit, yadda yadda).

The definitely is aimed at press and suitors so they stop fecking about. Right choice of words if you ask me.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Sure, and Edi gets on with it. Nobody will be offering him the same $, it's entirely about actually playing (yes, if/when fit, yadda yadda).

The definitely is aimed at press and suitors so they stop fecking about. Right choice of words if you ask me.
You keep telling yourself that chief. The rest of us understand that when the manager says repeatedly…..‘I’ve told him we won’t let him leave’ …..it’s not because he hasn’t asked about leaving.

antohan

You keep telling yourself that chief. The rest of us understand that when the manager says repeatedly…..‘I’ve told him we won’t let him leave’ …..it’s not because he hasn’t asked about leaving.
Are you soft or what? Of course he asked about it. He had options, puts forward his options, and is told he is wanted/needed, which will be fine by him as he just wants to play.

He is playing out his last 10-12 months as a professional player. He isn't part of a project, he isn't working towards jack and probably even feels we would be better off giving the minutes to the likes of Mason.

That's what is consistent with his behaviour for the last 15 years or so, not all this bullshit narrative about him wanting to leave from day 1 and pretty much not giving a flying feck about the club.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Are you soft or what? Of course he asked about it. He had options, puts forward his options, and is told he is wanted/needed, which will be fine by him as he just wants to play.

He is playing out his last 10-12 months as a professional player. He isn't part of a project, he isn't working towards jack and probably even feels we would be better off giving the minutes to the likes of Mason.

That's what is consistent with his behaviour for the last 15 years or so, not all this bullshit narrative about him wanting to leave from day 1 and pretty much not giving a flying feck about the club.
Sorry….you made out that it was all speculation and there was never anything in it earlier in the thread.

Glad we now agree. Cavani asked about leaving and was told he HAS to stay and the we WONT ALLOW him to leave.

How nice of him to fulfil the contract he agreed to with many stipulations like missing the whole preseason and not being ready to start the season and having to be talked out of putting country before club.

antohan

There's a difference between wanting to leave/actively seeking an exit and having options, with other teams interested in your services.

Matt851

His performance against Wolves was about the worst I think I have seen in a long time. Like Obertan Vs. Crawley Town in 2011 bad.
Ridiculous hyperbole, he was bad sure but no worse than several others. It was a bizarre decision to use him in that role though. Would like to see him start up top on his own against villa in a 433

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
So he’s gone to Ralf personally and said he definitely wants to stay. So much for him looking for a way out since he’s joined.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So he’s gone to Ralf personally and said he definitely wants to stay. So much for him looking for a way out since he’s joined.
Yes it’s normal for players to have to be told that they definitely won’t be sold….go away for two weeks and come back and say….ok I’m staying and you can count on me for the rest of the season…..When they had no intentions of leaving. Happens all the time.

Man Utd 1:0 Aston Villa

lost7

Honestly, since he's come back from his injury, he's been so mediocre. I keep hearing about how much of a key player he is, but he's not showed that one bit in my opinion

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cavani ran about a bit, that's the most you can say for his performance. Touch was off, passing was off, was never really a threat. Same as in all the recent matches.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s a poor footballer. He’s only any use if you’re creating plenty of chances but his all round game is very poor.

SonyaCross493

If Ronaldo played like Cavani did tonight he would get massive criticism. But whatever agendas again :rolleyes:

The United

I will always like Cavani for his work rate. But what is the point of him playing in this formation like that though. Run too much and not composed enough when he has to do something due to being tired from running too much? It does not help the two youngers guys next to him had 1/3 of his efforts in total.

He should be a sub as best for most games to use him the best of his ability.

SonyaCross493

it won't be long before Cavani gets injured again sadly I'm shock he's played the last few games in a row.

Marwood

He struggled on the ball but really no centre forward can have a good game with this team. He was so deep at times, doing way too much defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.