5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Connection

Rashford and Greenwood were equally poor. That touch on the left of the box from Rashfords pass, where he nearly fell over it though was shocking.

Eddy_JukeZ

He looks physically shot to me honestly.

He's finished as a top level striker.

The complete overrating of him in general by the caf is mystifying to me.

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Worked his ass off but isn’t getting any service. We might as well play without a striker tbh.
Our “wingers” are way too selfish.

KeanoMagicHat

Yeah I’m noticing a big difference between him now and last season. I think the last few injuries have done a bit of damage. Still willing to run but not much pace or agility at all anymore.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yeah I’m noticing a big difference between him now and last season. I think the last few injuries have done a bit of damage. Still willing to run but not much pace or agility at all anymore.
Probably some truth in that but I do think the lion's share is down to tactical fit.

People have given it for granted that his workrate would make him great in this setting, but where else did he play anything remotely similar to what he is meant to do here? Not Napoli, not PSG, certainly not the Uruguayan NT.

If we are to persist with 4-2-2-2 he is Cristiano's sub/rotation, not a support striker/link up player operating in tight spaces.

Expecting anything else is just optimism. I actually feel it negates his most remarkable quality which is his movement creating space for him/others.

jem

Just not on it, particularly in the finishing aspect. Desire is there but he could really use a goal or two.

SonyaCross493

I don't blame Cavani today in the same way I don't blame Ronaldo. They call it the graveyard shift for a reason on United fan blogs

this team with Rashford and Greenwood in both playing makes it almost impossible to get a goal-scoring chance as a striker because they are so selfish and greedy. They are the Wide-Forwards they are meant to be creative but first thought every time they get the ball is head down, run and cut inside for a shot..

Sancho is the only wide-forward we have that isn't a greedy selfish basterd.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
In one of your better attacls he almost tripped over the ball. It was pathetic.

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't feel like his legs have gone to the extent that Ronaldo's seem to of, But he does look a yard off it since his recent injuries.

He isn't helped that he is lucky to get one chance a game now. Long gone seem to be the days of our strikers getting 4 or 5.

sugar_kane

Why is his short passing so terrible? He seems to constantly underhit them.

I thought he was great last season but his performances this year have been pretty rubbish. I don't even think he works as hard anymore. If he was called Edward Cavendish I don't think anyone would rate him.

Gottabekiddingme

You can tell he doesn't care anymore because in his earlier days he'd cut Mason's head off for not passing.

lost7

Most overrated player in the squad. He's had 1 good game this season against Tottenham. Other than that, he's been absolutely trash

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He was running on empty at the 60 min mark. Surprised Ralf didn’t replace him then. We needed control at that point, could have brought on Lingard or Donny and just get them to press their midfielders.

Lewnited

Did my head in today. Barely showed anything and has quite clearly lost the ability to pass the ball in a straight line.
Obviously doesn't want to be here, so I don't understand why he's starting over Martial who can at least control a football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Edi's got a great song but him starting for us is a bit of a joke. A fantastic impact sub. Was gassed early and it saw the rest of his game go to pieces: Couldn't press, couldn't pass, couldn't control, couldn't get up when we were countering. Not sure why the club is so bent on keeping him? Maybe its cos he's popular on social media?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As I’ve said many times. Loved for very little. Pretty garbage and other than two months last season he’s done feck all to date.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What happened to him? His form has fallen off, looks lost out at there. Doesn't even work as hard as used to.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve been critical of Ronaldo this season, but man has Cavani had some total nothing games

MrEleson

If this guy's name was Ronaldo, he would have been chastised to hell. Offers absolutely nothing but it goes under the radar.

GMoore23

I think he gave us all he had left last season.
He's completely shot now and has lost his famous work rate.

AaronRedDevil

I think he gave us all he had left last season.
He's completely shot now and has lost his famous work rate.
Work rate? He was running forward all match. The twats wouldn't pass it to him. Any chance he had to go for was from crosses and even they weren't good.

The United

He runs a lot which is useful for RR style. But then he ran out of steam and would keep playing and that made it like we had no threat whatsoever in the box later in the game.

Should have been subbed for whoever at around 65 min.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Safe to say that Ole identified exactly how much Cavani had to give and that asking him to play a full-time role would render him a non-entity.

The thought of having been Ronaldo-less to this stage of the season is absolutely brutal.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He offers more defensively than anything in attack. Also seems to play a lot of simple passes short.

Fahad Jawaid

Is it me or his passing game is pretty awful. Even his touches are so heavy most of his 2nd touches are a tackle. In today's football you can't have a player with poor passing and touches, its like playing with 10 men.

youngrell

Starting to look like he’s run his course.

He’s still working hard but not much coming off for him and hardly any goal threat provided recently.

The United

Is it me or his passing game is pretty awful. Even his touches are so heavy most of his 2nd touches are a tackle. In today's football you can't have a player with poor passing and touches, its like playing with 10 men.
That's what you get when you run a lot at his age and get tired physically and mentally to do simple things properly.

It is why we usually have less threat on opponent's goal with him playing in second half. We don't seem to be out there at times for 2nd halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.