5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

He’s at an age where each year will be worse than the last. Each month will be a battle to maintain his level, every injury will take longer to come back from.

Coming to terms with that is probably tough for the player. Confidence ebbs away, frustration creeps in.

I think I agree with posters who are saying he should be used as an impact sub. Gives him a chance when the opposition is tiring.

Given the current shambles at the club and knowing he won’t be here next year, I’d be okay with him leaving now. Was brilliant in spells last year and I like him a lot.

Ixion

Cavani and Ronaldo need to be gone this Summer.

Loved peak Cavani and he has given us some moments but he doesn't offer enough anymore for the wages he is on, hell between Ronaldo, Cavani and Martial we must be spending near a million a week on wages.
I've said before if you're going with Cavani and Ronaldo for a season then it has to be for guaranteed instant success, if it's not happening then there is no point persisting with them. There's no point stunting the developing of Greenwood, Rashford, Elanga, Sancho for a couple of players that are gone in the summer, we'd be better using both Ronaldo and Cavani sparingly over the second half of the season and letting the others get game time.

OrcaFat

I've said before if you're going with Cavani and Ronaldo for a season then it has to be for guaranteed instant success, if it's not happening then there is no point persisting with them. There's no point stunting the developing of Greenwood, Rashford, Elanga, Sancho for a couple of players that are gone in the summer, we'd be better using both Ronaldo and Cavani sparingly over the second half of the season and letting the others get game time.
I agree. Those two are not the future. They’re barely the present.

SonyaCross493

If that was Ronaldo who put in the same performance that Cavani has the last few games there would be a lot more Criticism. I don't know the running stats but I don't think Cavani runs more than Ronaldo the last few games.

there was no pressing. Which everyone says Cavani is miles better at but I've yet to see it when Cavani has started games this season. Maybe in cameo super sub roles but that's because it's a combination of he's fresh for 20 minutes to run around like a madman and the opposition players are tired.

Ronaldo has much better movement. Cavani looks like he's walking through quicksand so sluggish.

Last edited:

Swedish_Plumber

My phone died watching the stream just as they showed the replay of him being borderline offside. Absolutely horrible minute or two waiting.

He’s class and when he goes we must ensure we replace him adequately. Someone who can come on and have an impact more often than not.

Zoo

Moments like that are what he stayed another year for after empty stadium football. Well done to Ole for convincing him.

city-puma

He doesn’t point fingers to blame others but just run to make things happen either offensive or defensive. Well done!

SATA

Love his celebrations together with the team for someone who is apparently do not want to be here. What a real team player

Devil may care

Big assist for our season, showed his experience with his movement and awareness to pick Rashford out.

TsuWave

I kinda love this guy. his enthusiasm for the game is infectious. he celebrates every goal for the team as if each is a world cup final clincher

might end up a cult hero

VivaRonaldo85

Celebrating like that for an assist. That’s the passion and desire this squad needs drip feeding into them all. Given he’s on his way in a few months and has a had a very successful career, that’s brilliant to still see and should be an example to many others in our squad.

Guapa

Class footballer,classy guy.Will be missed when he goes on and off the field.Glad he'll be part of this great club's history.

united for life

He doesn’t point fingers to blame others but just run to make things happen either offensive or defensive. Well done!
he is a beast. At his age and status as a proven player, he still works his arse off every minute of every game. The passion in his celebration today shows what a winner he is

The United

He usually plays well as a sub. So that's where we should use him more.

His mobility helps against tired defense.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I love Cavani. He should have had 5-6 years at United earlier in his career.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He usually plays well as a sub. So that's where we should use him more.

His mobility helps against tired defense.
So do rashford and martial. If were chasing a game it would be ideal to bring on all three of them, although ronaldo moaning at being subbed might cause problems unless we want to sub the midfield.

DarkXaero

Wish we had prime years of Cavani. For all the dumb talk about United "DNA", I feel like Cavani perfectly fits the essence of the character you want at this club.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Who didn't live that? The goal, the celebration. Everything rings true with him and that's hard to get in the modern game.

Swiss_Red89

Sensational stuff by Cavani today. Effort, assist and my dear what emotion he showed. I think this was the day where I joined the Edi Fanclub.

The United

So do rashford and martial. If were chasing a game it would be ideal to bring on all three of them, although ronaldo moaning at being subbed might cause problems unless we want to sub the midfield.
Ronaldo getting subbed or starting is a different issue though.

As for Cavani particularly, his energy are pretty much wasted (ineffective as much as it should) when he starts because we hardly score early these days which makes difficult for players to keep their energy level until the end where we have to keep chasing. My thinking is that he is 35, runs around a lot, then loses composure when vital moments comes in later in the game.

Not his fault though we still need to work on attacking play.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I think I’ve watched his celebration 10 times now. fecking love it

ufb

Cavani is impossible to not like. Elite footballers can learn a thing or two from him about aging gracefully.

The United

Funny thing is though apparently on metro according to sportBlid that RR wanted to sell three players who were 'mood killers' and Cavani was one of them due to not accepting RR's training sections at late evening or some shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.