Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I mean he played 1100 minutes and bagged 7 goals 3 assists. It is a bit concerning that we keep going for players who suffered injuries last season, given the state of our fitness :houllier:

ti vu

I mean he played 1100 minutes and bagged 7 goals 3 assists. It is a bit concerning that we keep going for players who suffered injuries last season, given the state of our fitness :houllier:
Like I said, anyone who followed French football bait would realized Cavani was not the same as he was few years earlier. More injured. More wasteful, and his movement workrate ain't on same level anymore. Ability to adapt to PL is very questionable with all that and his age. Too much a gamble.

Micky Targaryen

This thread just shows how little understanding some fans have of football.

I am encouraged to see that Ole is in the market for a striker . Despite the potential of Greenwood, it is still our weak area. Martial is ok but he can't be relied on to stay fit all season and indeed can't be relied on to score goals sometimes.

We must always look at improving that area.People who think Greenwood is ready to be our main striker need to get real. High talent yes, but he is young, needs managing properly and could do with help so that he doesn't feel pressurized to be our saviour at such a young age.

If you are buying Telles and Sancho, both good crossers of the ball you need someone to be at the end of those crosses and head them in. Cavani and Jovic fit that profile. We need variation of play especially when Martial is struggling.
Your logic and facts have no place in a place like the Caf.

Posters on here only cares about 3 things: Age, injury record, our track record based on nationality. :houllier:

RashysTekkers

This thread just shows how little understanding some fans have of football.

I am encouraged to see that Ole is in the market for a striker . Despite the potential of Greenwood, it is still our weak area. Martial is ok but he can't be relied on to stay fit all season and indeed can't be relied on to score goals sometimes.

We must always look at improving that area.People who think Greenwood is ready to be our main striker need to get real. High talent yes, but he is young, needs managing properly and could do with help so that he doesn't feel pressurized to be our saviour at such a young age.

If you are buying Telles and Sancho, both good crossers of the ball you need someone to be at the end of those crosses and head them in. Cavani and Jovic fit that profile. We need variation of play especially when Martial is struggling.
Bet you loved every single moment when Falcao was here.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who are TalkSports sources? I’ll believe it when I see it.

manunited1919

Even a free transfer is too much spending for Ed and the Glazers. It won’t happen.

Stretender

This is a Sancho smokescreen.

Well played Ed. Next thing we will see tweeted by the club is Sancho and his number 7 United shirt.

Good to see we are using Cavani as a distraction.

ChorltonReds

I cannot see this happening, purely cos the club must realise how absolutely terrible it would look and the blow back they'd get on social media.

United58

Thought we'd learned our lesson after Falcao, Schweinsteiger and Sanchez. Doubt this is real.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s better than Ighalo. As long as it’s a 1 year deal, I really don’t see the issue. What’s the alternative?

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Dont understand the negative vibes here. It would he a great signing for the bench, much better than Ighalo and wouls be fine to rotate againts the lesser teams.

Zoo

His movement is so good. Imagine Pogba picking him out from deep.

NWRed

Dont understand the negative vibes here. It would he a great signing for the bench, much better than Ighalo and wouls be fine to rotate againts the lesser teams.
Massive wages, minimum 2 year contract for a player way past his best. It's like we learned nothing from Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.