Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Dont understand the negative vibes here. It would he a great signing for the bench, much better than Ighalo and wouls be fine to rotate againts the lesser teams.
Massive wages, recent injury issues and almost 34.

Obviously a panic signing too when he’s been available on a free for months and we sign him up on deadline day.

Woziak

I’m a fan of this move.
Yep me too, big strong and quick, didn’t pay a lot last year and he’s 33 not 35 if we ended up with E Cavani , Telles and Dembele In the last 24 hours for a combined fee of £90m most united fans would be happy and added to DVB would represent a decent window however most of us expect the club to waste all of the next few days doing sweet Fa and adding no one and looking complete morons in the Jadon Sancho Transfer ...Mr ED Woodward , the next few days really should actually decide your future as CEO but with these current clowns as owners who drain the club financially, you will continue to be allowed to repeat mistake after mistake !

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Massive wages, recent injury issues and almost 34.

Obviously a panic signing too when he’s been available on a free for months and we sign him up on deadline day.
We dont know what hes wages will be. Obviously for 200 a week hes not worth it, if we cab get him for a reasonable wage its not a bad signing. Especially if its for a 1 year contract

ChorltonReds

He's 33 and injured. Started 7 league games last season and only 20 the season before. His best hope should really be a lucrative move to an MLS side. This would be worse than Sanchez.

And yes I'd rather have Ighalo.

The Urban Goose

Well as he'd be Sanchez 2.0 might as well just deepfake his face and reuse the piano intro.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Him and Bruno are a match made in heaven. Cavani's movement and positioning is outstanding.

sillwuka

Some odd people here not wanting Cavani as a backup.

We've currently got Ighalo running in mud against lower league opposition. Baffling.

The Urban Goose

Disagree, Sanchez relied a lot on his physical attributes. Cavani is excellent off the ball and gets himself into brilliant positions.
Not in playing style, but in terms of wages, form, injuries etc.

Edit: maybe being unfair, but at this stage with Sancho it's like being taken for a test drive in an Aston but then being offered a leggy Fiat Punto. Should still be grateful, but...

red4ever 79

Why is it always “next year” for us?
Because we are a poorly run club with no structure and no planning. You can see it on both sides, we cant even sell a player properly. Andreas and Dalot both on loan, both will come back. Cant even get any logic and planning for incomings. It's pure desperation with 2 days left. Cavani - Dembele, then it will be Josh King, and Brooks. By the way I would rather sign no one than any of those 4

Zoo

This stinks of a Falcao or Sanchez moment!!!
It’s very possible but the fact is we could do with another good striker and Cavani needs a club. On a short term deal it’s worth pursuing.

zenith

Horrible horrible potential signing. Woodward has learnt nothing and someone like this deserves all the verbal abuse he gets for driving the club down with the power of sheer stupidity. He is the definition of insanity.

If we can't get Sancho, that's fine. But ffs don't try to compensate with these kind of players where the whole dressing room chemistry will be at risk.

red4ever 79

It’s very possible but the fact is we could do with another good striker and Cavani needs a club. On a short term deal it’s worth pursuing.
name another big club that brings in a striker on loan for short term planning. Liverpool? City? Barca? Real? Juve? Bayern? Management of our club is nothing short of a disgrace

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Cavani wants a long term deal and massive wages
If you want quality you have to pay for it. I don't mind paying a little more in wages if we get him for nothing. It will most likely be a incentives-based deal anyway.

As for a long-term deal I've only seen 1/2 years mentioned. That is definitely not what I would describe as a long term deal.

Fooza

If he's a free agent why would he be demanding huge wages when there's a chance he will be earning zero wages?

Bestofthebest

The other problem is “who is he going to replace?” Can’t see Martial being dropped, even if he does look back to his “couldn’t care less attitude“. So will Rashford, Greenwood miss match time to accommodate him, even if he is playing bits of games. He certainly will not last a full match.

OleGunnar20

How can our scouting be this bad. At the best of times our targets are glaringly obvious. And when even those easily identified targets don't come off we go scrambling for washed up has beens rather than picking out a gem from our network.

Shambles. I'd give a 15 year old with a functioning laptop and a copy of Football Manager a better chance of unearthing some gems than our messed up hierarchy at this point.

red4ever 79

If you want quality you have to pay for it. I don't mind paying a little more in wages if we get him for nothing. It will most likely be a incentives-based deal anyway.

As for a long-term deal I've only seen 1/2 years mentioned. That is definitely not what I would describe as a long term deal.
it is when you are 33 Feck me are we a retirement home? We have just given Matic a new contract that ties him here until he is 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.