Edinson Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Couldn't find a thread on this guy, was excellent last season in Serie A with 26 goals finishing just behind top scorer Di Natale.

Sure Napoli are in the CL now but i think this guy could cut it with one of the top teams. I genuinely believe he is better than Forlan.

Franq

Reports in Italy saying we're ready to put a bid in.
any links? dont know why SAF would be interested considering he's a big fan of Hernandez and the fact that Rooney is a sure thing for the first XI.... (and still having Berba and Owen in the squad as well...) but I think he's one of the most promising young strikers in europe right now ... Don't why exactly but somehow feel he would fit in our team nicely if such a transfer were to ever happen...

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Reports in Italy saying we're ready to put a bid in.
I imagine Gill and Fergie sitting down looking at the telephone.

Gill: Are we ready?
Fergie: A little longer...
Gill: ... ... ready now?
Fergie: A little longer...

What the feck does it mean to be 'ready' to put a bid in?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Hope he stays where he are so that some decent teams will come out of Italy that aren't from Milano.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I don't think he can score goals in any other team than Napoli. I have also issued this to an italian friend who is an Napoli fan and he seem to believe the same thing.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
feck, hope they don't get him. Probably the best striker they could sign right now. Knowing their luck they will probably pay €47m to buy him and he will then score 3 goals in 30 games this season.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
They really do need a striker. Cavani would be ideal really. A good target for those 3 creative players behind him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If it means Torres being forced out, I am ok with it.

KanieKaned

Hed be a great backup/potential number 1 striker. Would not like seeing Chelsea get him a I think they have bought really well this summer with the likes of Oscar, Marin, Hazard.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
If it means Torres being forced out, I am ok with it.
You think Torres has a chance of turning things around at Chelsea? It really doesn't seem like anything's going to change, they'll end up losing about £30m on transfer fees alone along with the £20m wasted on wages. Hard to think of a better replacement than Cavani.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Suarez is widely regarded as a national hero by all people in Uruguay. At least according to RAWK.
I didn't know that. I thought that would Forlan's status.

But more than that, idol is generally used regarding someone you grew up being a fan of rather than someone who's more your equal and contemporary really.

You think Torres has a chance of turning things around at Chelsea? It really doesn't seem like anything's going to change, they'll end up losing about £30m on transfer fees alone along with the £20m wasted on wages. Hard to think of a better replacement than Cavani.
I think he means it from the "I hate Torres and want him to suffer" point of view and not the "I fear how good Torres can be at Chelsea" one.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think the odds are against it, but I wouldn't rule it out completely. Basically, I will be more at ease once he fecks on out of the PL certifying his transfer to Chelsea as an utter failure.

Don't care what he does afterwards.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They won't get Cavani, he'd be too expensive for them and I don't think he'll leave Napoli right now. He just signed a new contract with them like six months ago.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wenger would never pay what Napoli would demand to part with their greatest idol since Maradona. Not a chance. If I were Wenger, I wouldn't pay it either, he could do with 2-3 20M players scattered across the side instead.

KM

How do you rate him, Falcao and RVP Anto?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Would be a very un-Arsenal signing. He's cost a bomb surely. Top class player though - would be outstanding in the PL I'd say. Signing him though would put Walcott's future in doubt (wanting to be a striker and all).

In that case - I call bullshit.

Brophs

The One and Only
He'll be far, far too expensive for Arsenal. They'd end up having to double the highest fee they're paid, more or less.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Pretty shameless by Wenger. Reminds of Spurs some years ago - they'd be linked with every big name under the sun, only to sign none of them; like this, it was mere game-playing to stop the fans moaning about the lack of spending.

lunchforthesky

Cavani's quite underrated in England because no one watches Serie A. Phenomenal striker, his goal record for Napoli speaks for itself.

No way will Arsenal splash that kind of money on one player, it would require a gigantic turn around in club policy.

KM

Pretty shameless by Wenger. Reminds of Spurs some years ago - they'd be linked with every big name under the sun, only to sign none of them; like this, it was mere game-playing to stop the fans moaning about the lack of spending.
Absolutely correct.

There's no chance that a smart guy like Wenger doesn't know that he can't possibly pay 40m pounds it'll take to price Cavani away.

Status
Not open for further replies.