Edinson Cavani

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Buy a superstar midfielder you plum! :lol:

Makes sense though, Woodward will be keen to prove himself to the fan base.
This.

Going for Cavani makes zero sense. Good player and all but he's not what we need right now.

Paul Scholes has never been replaced, Keano has never been properly replaced. If we've got £60 million to spend on a single player we should be aiming for a top midfielder.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
I really couldnt care less but I did say a while back that we were going in for him.

Anyway in regards to the signing, he was TERRIBLE against Chelsea but the whole PSG team looked as if they didnt know what hit them in the second leg, the level of play in France is awful so some of his poor performance can be attributed to that.

Under a good manager he would probably thrive and certainly has the potential to be a world beater but no where near the required level of say RVP or Rooney in form. 60m way too much, 35-40 at a push.

Anduin

We should throw £60m on a superstar midfielder as Kid Moyes suggested... we could even get Vidal for that kind of money. Ridiculous to go after another striker with RvP, Rooney and Welbeck very likely to stay after the managerial change.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen this. Hahaha.

Go Woodward! Football Manager wannabe at its finest.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Cavani can play wide right?

If we are going to switch to a 433 we may need new personal in that area. Sanchez would be my first choice.

kps88

It's not even good PR for Woody as everyone just thinks he's crazy for going after a striker. Only person benefiting from this is Cavani's agent. Perhaps he's trying to force Chelsea to play their hand.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Woodward probably thinks he is being dead proactive and ambitious. "I'm signing big players me!"

Then a new manager comes along and tells him "why the feck did you sign another striker? I've got 4 of them already and I wanted to play with just one up front and Mata in the hole."

Maybe Ferguson is whispering in his ear to ensure that 4-4-2 shall live on at united?

thepolice123

This.

Going for Cavani makes zero sense. Good player and all but he's not what we need right now.

Paul Scholes has never been replaced, Keano has never been properly replaced. If we've got £60 million to spend on a single player we should be aiming for a top midfielder.
We replaced Keane with Carrick.

Scholes' is the one that needs a real like for like replacement.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Woodward probably thinks he is being dead proactive and ambitious. "I'm signing big players me!"

Then a new manager comes along and tells him "why the feck did you sign another striker? I've got 4 of them already and I wanted to play with just one up front and Mata in the hole."

Maybe Ferguson is whispering in his ear to ensure that 4-4-2 shall live on at united?
:lol: That's madness.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Caf really believes in everything these days. If the likes of Ogden or Mitten publish that we are bringing Nicky Butt out of retirement as our midfield solution people would believe it.

A1X

I would say it does make sense if Hernandez is leaving, given we'll be down to Rooney, an increasingly injured RvP and Danny "will he go or won't he" Welbeck

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Caf really believes in everything these days. If the likes of Ogden or Mitten publish that we are bringing Nicky Butt out of retirement as our midfield solution people would believe it.
That's because the Caf hears rumours that Ed Woodward has his chosen ones and briefs them things.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That's because the Caf hears rumours that Ed Woodward has his chosen ones and briefs them things.
It doesn't matter even if he does, he could be easily feeding them with lies intentionally.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think way too many people are underestimating Edison Cavani. I agree for the price we should be looking at getting in midfielders and defenders first, but if he is available and if the price drops then I certainly wouldn't mind him here. He is a classy player.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Would be devastated if there was any truth to these rumors...

Timdbro

The problem with being managerless. Right now we have Woodward as Director of Football working hard on putting deals together.

God help us.
Let's hope this is all PR from Woody, trying to make us sound like we are still big players. Surely no one can be stupid enough to spend massive money in any area that's not midfield, even if RVP is leaving or something.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Weren't you devastated when we tried to sign a midfielder last summer though?
It was a scintillating piece of news to him that we brought Fellaini. Was devastated that we tried to sign Thiago, Fabregas, Herrera and every other good midfielder instead, I think.

Dominos

I posted a couple of days ago signing players without a manager isn't that big a deal.

I take it back. This would be retarded.

We know our weakest areas and where we'll be left short because of players leaving. Why the feck would we spunk money up the wall on another striker without consulting our manager for next season?

Hopefully PSG tell us to feck off.

Fabregas, Shaw and a centre back though :drool: I'd happily get that sorted now, and tell the new manager "this is what you've been left to work with, deal with it."

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I posted a couple of days ago signing players without a manager isn't that big a deal.

I take it back. This would be retarded.

We know our weakest areas and where we'll be left short because of players leaving. Why the feck would we spunk money up the wall on another striker without consulting our manager for next season?

Hopefully PSG tell us to feck off.

Fabregas, Shaw and a centre back though :drool: I'd happily get that sorted now, tell the new manager "this is what you've been left to work with, deal with it."
Don't worry, apparently our new manager will be able to veto these deals before they're finalised.

Dominos

Don't worry, apparently our new manager will be able to veto these deals before they're finalised.
I should hope so. Where's that from? Didn't see it in the Taylor article..

Also saw the fee could be as high as £60m. This wont happen, I'm gonna stop panicking.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I should hope so. Where's that from? Didn't see it in the Taylor article..

Also saw the fee could be as high as £60m. This wont happen, I'm gonna stop panicking.
Ogden: "Attempts to bolster United’s squad will continue during the process of recruiting a new manager, with candidates advised of the club’s targets and offered the chance to veto any moves should they secure the job."

Yeah, 60m for a player we don't need would be Madrid level insanity.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
It was a scintillating piece of news to him that we brought Fellaini. Was devastated that we tried to sign Thiago, Fabregas, Herrera and every other good midfielder instead, I think.
No I desired Thiago and Fabregas. Herrera not so much.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can we not do this? He's been mediocre for PSG since he came back from his injury, and all this talk about 'pace', he looks to have lost a yard or so because of it.

United22

No, no and no and this is absolutely nothing to do with his quality or dip in form right now. He is a quality player but I am sick of seeing strikers here. We have 4 players who can play the striker role, we really don't need another striker even if we sell one of RvP or Chicarito. The more we keep focusing on forwards and neglecting the rest of the team, the worst it gets. Its time to start building up from the defence and midfield now

Maroon Lucifer

Can we not do this? He's been mediocre for PSG since he came back from his injury, and all this talk about 'pace', he looks to have lost a yard or so because of it.
apparently he's going through a nasty divorce. off pitch drama often affects players on the pitch.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Devil may care

I'm surprised Kevin has time for stuff like this when Barry is ripe for a free transfer this summer.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Do not want, focus on the midfield and stop buying players without consent of the new manager.

Plugsy

if he does come he'll get about 60 minutes of football and if he doesn't score he'll be the most hated man in the squad, the manager will be accused of being weak for not subbing him off, polls will be open to ask 'Should we sell Cavani?' to which 75% will say yes, we should sell him and play Devonte Redmond instead, who is probably worth (quite randomly) 20+ goals a season and doesn't cost £200,000 a week.

If after that he's still named in the next team sheet - pitchforks.

Skills

Snitch
Have to say, the transfer muppet in me is always a bit disappointed that we're so stacked up front. Nothing's more exciting for a transfer mupper than being linked to a top striker.

goin4glory

People need to chill out, it's season ticket renewal time soon so good ol ED is leaking us being in for every star name to reputable papers hoping it helps sales.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Have to say, the transfer muppet in me is always a bit disappointed that we're so stacked up front. Nothing's more exciting for a transfer mupper than being linked to a top striker.
This is me all over. Being linked to RvP was one of the most exciting sagas in a decade for me; especially after his world-class season at Le Arse.

Cavani does excite me, a lot, but there would have to be a lot of change to our current squad in order to make it work for everyone.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He's a top player if he can go back to his Napoli form but right now he looks slow, clumsy, out of shape and boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.