Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

Agreed if we are selling Pogba then Camavinga is to replace him. We do need an experienced CDM although if we get Camavinga and keep Pogba Ole could try him as a CDM.
It's the third or fourth time I had to post in this very thread that he and Pogba are not the same type of player.

His strength are tackling, positioning, reading the game, defensive duties, winning and retaining possession and being strong, fast, athletic. He's good on the ball, can drible quite well and can pass well, have a good spreading but imo not anything near amazing. He's the engine type, good on and off the ball.

Pogba is about flair and have offensive attributes like dribbling, vision, killer pass, shooting, tricks, movements into the opponent's final third. Off the ball he's terrible as he doesn't care about or like defensive duties. Nor he's any good with that. He even admitted he doesn't know how to tackle. I don't know what type is Pogba, to me he's not really a midfielder. A typical midfielder must provide both offensive and defensive values.

They're very different please stop assuming he's a midfielder Pogba is a midfielder both are French so he's a Pogba replacement.

theklr

Yes and he's already better than Fred with a much higher ceiling. I've watched him loads he's coming in to start
You cant possibly make that comparison without him having alot of PL games for United now can you.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

:nervous:

Edit: did they just laugh and put the phone down? :lol:

Strats

Would think something around €40-45m could settle it. Rennes need money right?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You cant possibly make that comparison without him having alot of PL games for United now can you.
Is watching someone play for United the only viable way to assess player's quality?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Seems we might try and get this through while Varane is on holiday

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Can Camavinga play as a single holding midfielfer with Pogba and Bruno in front of him? I dont see that as he likes to drive upwards a lot with the ball, leaving space behind him. A typical box to box. A Declan Rise is much more suited with Pogba and Bruno imo. Camavinga would play alongside Fred or Mctominay.

sp_107

Amad / Carmavinga / Varane are interested because they have some links/admiration for Paul Pogba, , so wondering how they feel if Pogba leaves after they signed for UTD.

Amad said he came to UTD because of Pogba as he sees him as a role model

Infra-red

Can Camavinga play as a single holding midfielfer with Pogba and Bruno in front of him? I dont see that as he likes to drive upward a lot with the ball, leaving space behind him. A typical box to box. A Declan Rise is much more suited with Pogba and Bruno imo. Camavinga would play alongside Fred or Mctominay.
No. As you have said, Camavinga is a box-to-box player, not a holding midfielder.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Right now Camavinga is box to box, but he's young enough that in theory he could easily be moulded into so many roles on the pitch.
You do take away one of his main assets though by turning him into a DM

crossy1686

career ending
Really excited at the prospect of this lad. Had written him off as a star elsewhere due to Madrid and PSG heavily courting him in the last couple of years. Some really positive recruitment going on this year.

Infra-red

You do take away one of his main assets though by turning him into a DM
Yes, it would be a waste and I'm not sure he'd be very good at it. He's a good tackler and very talented at carrying the ball forwards from midfield - he could become an elite box-to-box player (similar to Fred, but with a much higher celling).

Rolaholic

This is more of what I expected with the price being floated around...

Top clubs would be mad not to have a look at him

Strelok

This is more of what I expected with the price being floated around...

Top clubs would be mad not to have a look at him
Yeah even us common folks know this lad is the real deal let alone those football people. I'd expect this develop to a true saga as both Rennes and Camavinga would wait till the best offer possible. There's no hassle for both.

rotherham_red

Barney is the editor of Red News, and he isn't one to BS and generally doesn't partake in it at all...

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah even us common folks know this lad is the real deal let alone those football people. I'd expect this develop to a true saga as both Rennes and Camavinga would wait till the best offer possible. There's no hassle for both.
It's within Rennes best interest to do this ASAP. He can sign a pre contract for nothing in January and they'd just get a flat development fee decided by UEFA.

Crashoutcassius

Amad / Carmavinga / Varane are interested because they have some links/admiration for Paul Pogba, , so wondering how they feel if Pogba leaves after they signed for UTD.

Amad said he came to UTD because of Pogba as he sees him as a role model
I'd say varane is interested to make lots of cash before he is old

CG1010

Can he pass the ball or is basically similar to Mctominay in his passing abilities but a (much) better tackler? I haven't seen him but I think we need a passer from the deep who can also defend more than a pure DM.

Strelok

It's within Rennes best interest to do this ASAP. He can sign a pre contract for nothing in January and they'd just get a flat development fee decided by UEFA.
It's almost two months left till the transfer window closed. You hassle and worry only if your commodity is shit. If yours is hot there's no hassle mate.

bsCallout

Can he pass the ball or is basically similar to Mctominay in his passing abilities but a (much) better tackler? I haven't seen him but I think we need a passer from the deep who can also defend more than a pure DM.
Got Garner.

Bojan Djordjic

Yes definitely. As the charts show, he is in that range of a Casemiro/Saul/Fabinho/Sergio/Kante.

Speaking of Kante, Deschamps has already gone on and compared him to Kante saying how they are both athletic/versatile and able to make everything look so easy.

...at the moment, Camavinga stands as an aggressive, defensive #6. He doesn’t have the production output in the final 3rd of a more attacking CM in terms of G/A so there should be almost zero worry that he wonders off or looks for that because it’s just not his game. Progressive passes and being a freakish athlete with an insane work rate to help defend and win back balls is the name of his game. He would already do better what everything McFed are asked of doing. Even at his age - being so raw with tons of untapped potential and maturing still to unearth.
Where are you getting information that he's good at progressive passing? None of the data I've seen says that (below average in fact). Excellent at progressive carrying for sure but not seen much to say he's as good at passing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Sancho, Varane and Camavinga, whilst tying Pogba down to a new contract is a dream window.

Infra-red

Where are you getting information that he's good at progressive passing? None of the data I've seen says that (below average in fact). Excellent at progressive carrying for sure but not seen much to say he's as good at passing.
You are correct. Everyone refers back to FBref these days, because so much great data is freely available.

Camavinga is in the 42nd percentile among midfielders for progressive passes (ie he doesn't do many of them). He's in the 88th percentile for progressive carries, 95th percentile for completed dribbles, 88th percentile for pressures and 97th percentile for tackles.

He's an all action box-to-box player with great stamina, who will dribble and make tackles all day long. He's not a holding midfielder and isn't any good at passing from deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.